Miami offers 2020 CB Davonte Brown - COMMITS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Facts.

He was originally at Piper before he transferred to AH, I posted on him last year back in May of 2018.

I don't think he's honestly a take, but we're desperate right now & the decommits are about to start rolling in so they're literally offering anybody & hoping it sticks.

It's actually kinda sad at this point lol
Dam when Liberty says the dude isnt a take you know its serious...Im hoping its just some Broward COunty bias from LIberty City El, dont take away my hope man..Dolphins suck, Canes suck.. looks like im about to ***** with the Heat earlier then usual

Dam when Liberty says the dude isnt a take you know its serious...Im hoping its just some Broward COunty bias from LIberty City El, dont take away my hope man..Dolphins suck, Canes suck.. looks like im about to ***** with the Heat earlier then usual
Seminoles suck too Troll Vern. 🤡

Advertisement
I was actually kinda surprised that the decommits WEREN'T rolling in...I assume they would/will. What's scary is I'm not sure we win 3 to get to a bowl.

Besides Hodges/Francois who else?
So the kids committed to UM are looking strictly at wins and losses during the season? I’m curious because we always read about how much the recruit loves the school, tradition, other players that they know on the team, etc. Many reasons. Is the narrative a bunch of BS when it comes to UM or just a false narrative to get interest from this site and many others alike...

If they want some size and speed for that boundary CB spot bbn they should look at Dominick Hill, committed to South Carolina but SC just got in a little hit of trouble so they should def shoot their shot

Advertisement
If they want some size and speed for that boundary CB spot bbn they should look at Dominick Hill, committed to South Carolina but SC just got in a little hit of trouble so they should def shoot their shot

They supposedly were a week or 2 ago.

I like Brown just as much as Hill, or at least in the ballpark as a CORNER. If we were talking about a bigger kid that could maybe project at either spot, I'd say Hill.

I would be okay with this take. Slim pickings with corners right now (hoping Francois sticks) and it's not like we are going to flip any blue chip kids. We need bodies, even if it's ST for a year or two.

I would be okay with this take. Slim pickings with corners right now (hoping Francois sticks) and it's not like we are going to flip any blue chip kids. We need bodies, even if it's ST for a year or two.

I don't mind D.Brown either. Francois likely a safety...Branch is the kid that will prob be looked at both spots. Would love to land one of the juco kids, but that's probably a long shot, especially with George.

Advertisement
Miami offered 2020 3-star CB Davonte Brown from American Heritage today. At 6-2 160 pounds, Brown also claims bids from Louisville, Kentucky, NC State, UNC, and Minnesota. He recorded a 4.64 40-yard dash and a 4.5 shuttle time at the Opening Miami Regional in February.

He’s average. Pass

247 Update

“I'm told UCF cornerback transfer Davonte Brown will be on campus this evening for an unofficial visit. It sounds like everything last night during the in-home visit went very well. I'm also under the impression that Miami would take Davonte even if Damari Brown doesn't come. I do feel like Miami is still very much in the mix for the younger Brown despite some Alabama buzz. Getting Davonte down to Coral Gables is obviously a big deal at this stage. Florida State a heavy factor as well but proximity to home could be something working in Miami's favor.

I also know that Miami is meeting with Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna Prep athlete Edwin Joseph's parents on Friday. The kid will be on his way to Las Vegas for a matchup with Bishop Gorman but there is some confidence that Miami can close the gap on Florida State there. He is a take at this point. I don't see Lakeland (Fla.) cornerback Shadarian Harrison being a major target moving forward.

Miami would like to close with Damari Brown and Edwin Joseph with Davonte Brown being a transfer who the Hurricanes hope will come too.”

Advertisement
@Ghandi is very high on Davonte, but I've seen/heard others equally negative on him based on his UCF tape. Genuinely uncertain about this one given the mixed reactions I've heard.

Does he have tape from his UCF career?

@Ghandi is very high on Davonte, but I've seen/heard others equally negative on him based on his UCF tape. Genuinely uncertain about this one given the mixed reactions I've heard.

Does he have tape from his UCF career?
Who has something to say about his UCF tape? He’s a a draft pick even if he stays at UCF. He was the best CB in the AAC.

@htownkidd says Davonte is CB priority #1 from the portal.

@Zbrod95 , can't find anything negative about Davonte on CIS. Everyone seems positive on his skill set. The negative comments I heard were off site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back