Miami offers 2019 DB Martin Emerson

Advertisement
On the positive side, he's had 96tcks total in his HS career, 58tcks last year as a Junior, so if he's being recruited by us as a Safety then it's mainly for his tackling.

On the other hand, he's never recorded a INT in 3 years of playing, so his ball skills are definitely not up to par. If he's being recruited as a Striker Safety or Rover, I'm not sure if that's what he's best at.

I don't have a problem with the offer (don't think he's a take though), to me it's basically the staff doing their due diligence, but it's also them realizing they're going to miss on some of their top targets at Safety (Rique, Battle...).

If we're going to offer more Safety's my youngin EJ Jackson is the kid I hope gets an offer, he's a ballhawk & he's an under the radar 3-star that can actually develop into a legit playmaker at the next level.

Shhhh I'm hoping Eddie Jackson goes to Marshall. He is our #1 Safety option

The only guy they haven’t looked at here is a guy named Tyler Scott from University school. He’s their best DB and widely known but we’ve never been connected to him. Same with EJ...other than that idk who else y’all want to get an offer down here.

Big kid...possible striker imo.

Also, the longer Nunn goes without committing, you have to wonder if this kid is just gonna be a goof and stay with Cuse and their quest for 708 wins.

Advertisement
The defensive staff is following a very similar path to our previous regime.

You hear the bull**** they spew in interviews about toughness and tackling an yada yada. It’s like the end all be all with this staff. We have a room full of safety’s all of whom except Hall struggle covering.

Our entire DB unit whether it be coaching or recruiting is pure trash.

Bandy is our best corner in year 3. Btw he is a guy we offered way late and to flip from OKL. And he’s about 5’8”

And Our best Safety’s are Golden players...
One is a converted corner who was too slow for that position

Can we recruit a safety that can break on the ball? Someone who can catch the **** thing and return it!

Advertisement

You hear the bull**** they spew in interviews about toughness and tackling an yada yada. It’s like the end all be all with this staff. We have a room full of safety’s all of whom except Hall struggle covering.

Bandy is our best corner in year 3. Btw he is a guy we offered way late and to flip from OKL. And he’s about 5’8”

Can we recruit a safety that can break on the ball? Someone who can catch the **** thing and return it!
EL. O. EL.

You’re pathetic. And Rotfl at Trajan being the best DB. Go take your meds.

The f*ck are you talking about?

Advertisement
Wtf are you whining about? He ain’t a corner...

The point remains...as if you can't find safeties on the same block as the corners in Miami-Dade or Broward.

Insert Tyler Scott or Cornelius Nunn (who may be a Cane, still, tbf) and the point still remains.

The point remains...as if you can't find safeties on the same block as the corners in Miami-Dade or Broward.

Insert Tyler Scott or Cornelius Nunn (who may be a Cane, still, tbf) and the point still remains.
We’ve offered everybody other than Tyler Scott and EJ Jackson...these are the only Safety prospects offer worthy left lol. You have no argument any other kid is better anywhere else.

Advertisement
We’ve offered everybody other than Tyler Scott and EJ Jackson...these are the only Safety prospects offer worthy left lol. You have no argument any other kid is better anywhere else.

You must have missed out on the last 40 years of South Florida recruiting.

On the positive side, he's had 96tcks total in his HS career, 58tcks last year as a Junior, so if he's being recruited by us as a Safety then it's mainly for his tackling.

On the other hand, he's never recorded a INT in 3 years of playing, so his ball skills are definitely not up to par. If he's being recruited as a Striker Safety or Rover, I'm not sure if that's what he's best at.

I don't have a problem with the offer (don't think he's a take though), to me it's basically the staff doing their due diligence, but it's also them realizing they're going to miss on some of their top targets at Safety (Rique, Battle...).

If we're going to offer more Safety's my youngin EJ Jackson is the kid I hope gets an offer, he's a ballhawk & he's an under the radar 3-star that can actually develop into a legit playmaker at the next level.
Agree with your assessment but what I don't quite understand is even if the staff feels they might miss on some top targets why is this kid even in mix as a fallback option? There are plenty of South Florida kids as good or better than Emerson.

In regards to EJ Jackson, I am a huge fan. Ever since you brought his name up months ago, Jackson has been a personal favorite of mine. Dude is a classic ballhawking FS IMO. Have we even offered him yet?

You must have missed out on the last 40 years of South Florida recruiting.
So I should offer some undersized BTW kid committed to Toledo over a kid committed Mississippi State? A top 15 school? Are you ******* kidding?

Guys like you would’ve never offered Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, and Ray Lewis for the famous “souf Flawda 3 Starr”. Don’t know if you have been watching but the players we’ve complained about the most have been your SFL famous ******* three stars.

Pensacola to Miami ..... hmmmm.
Well, if he wants to experience a different culture he can certainly do so down here.

Advertisement
Back