Miami offers 2017 three-star QB Cade Weldon (FSU legacy)

01Canes

Senior
[PLAYER]479[/PLAYER]
2017 QB Cade Weldon (6' 2 1/2", 203 pounds), an FSU legacy without an FSU offer who suffered a torn ACL and MCL in his right knee last August, was offered by Miami a few days ago.

[TWEET]708062177844920324[/TWEET]

Weldon is a three-star recruit from Tampa whose only other Power 5 offers are from Kentucky, South Carolina, and Wake Forest.

[HUDL]athlete/3961104/highlights/163688398[/HUDL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I remember seeing a tweet during one of these opening camps, that he looked to be the only QB that belonged there, as the other QBS couldn't hit receivers worth a lick.

If he's anything like his dad, he won't impress you with any particular skill set or size, but he gets **** done with the band playing.

I remember seeing a tweet during one of these opening camps, that he looked to be the only QB that belonged there, as the other QBS couldn't hit receivers worth a lick.

Yea it was talking about him and Kellen Mond I believe

Advertisement
N'kosi has nothing on this kid...jeez does that kid got a rocket of an arm and it looks like he's not even trying to throw it hard

Exactly. Bobby Bowden kept wanting to replace Weldon with Johnson, but he was always the best QB they had on game day.
If he's anything like his dad, he won't impress you with any particular skill set or size, but he gets **** done with the band playing.

Advertisement
Not sure which website his measureables came from....has he shrunk or is he really only 6'0"?

Scout has him at either 6'2" or 6'3" - hopefully one of these numbers is correct for him....

His father was good at FSU, but I don't remember too much about him - other than that he won a pile of games....

Not sure which website his measureables came from....has he shrunk or is he really only 6'0"?

Scout has him at either 6'2" or 6'3" - hopefully one of these numbers is correct for him....

His father was good at FSU, but I don't remember too much about him - other than that he won a pile of games....

From his 247 profile (Cade Weldon, Jefferson, Pro-Style Quarterback), but he recently measured in at 6' 2 1/2", 203 pounds at the Orlando Opening Regional. 247 was wrong, so I'll edit the original post.

If he wants to commit, take him... from those reports from the Opening he looked better than Jake Allen also, but didnt get an Elite 11 invite.... take him and groom him, Perry goin to SEC, WV, or Louisville

Advertisement
And Berlin was the #1 QB out of HS (Shreveport Evangel Christian - the same school as Patterson last year before he transferred to IMG)...

And Berlin was also "good enough" for Spurrier - a coach who knew a little bit about what a QB looks like....

If he's anything like Berlin, then he is clearly a take, in my opinion....

Reminds me of a Brock Berlin throwing motion. I think we can find better, but wouldn't say no to him as my #2 qb in a class.

Advertisement
If he wants to commit, take him... from those reports from the Opening he looked better than Jake Allen also, but didnt get an Elite 11 invite.... take him and groom him, Perry goin to SEC, WV, or Louisville
And N'kosi Perry. Kellen Mond and Cade were the top Qb's

Advertisement
Back