Miami offers 2017 three-star QB Cade Weldon (FSU legacy)

Feels like a Sean McGuire type for FSU. Meaning you get Winston and McGuire in the same class and assume he never sees the field.. Then a couple years later you have someone who is not great but you need him to start as your other options are terrible. In other words, take him. He may never see the field but could prevent total cluster f.

Advertisement
If we are taking a second qb no way we should take this kid over the Blackman, Weldon is good but Blackman's skill set is a lot better and has the better arm

Advertisement
And Berlin was the #1 QB out of HS (Shreveport Evangel Christian - the same school as Patterson last year before he transferred to IMG)...

And Berlin was also "good enough" for Spurrier - a coach who knew a little bit about what a QB looks like....

If he's anything like Berlin, then he is clearly a take, in my opinion....

Reminds me of a Brock Berlin throwing motion. I think we can find better, but wouldn't say no to him as my #2 qb in a class.

No ****...there was nada wrong with Berlin's throwing motion, just a dumb *** staff that couldn't stand success with him rifling it from shotgun.

One thing you gotta remember is we have only seen his sophomore film as compared.to seeing the other guys film as juniors. Everyone expected cade to kill it before he hurt his knee last year on the 1st play of the season. Im personally expecting him to blow up in a kayaa like fashion this year with the exception being that cade can run. If we manage to bring in perry and cade i dont think we could imagine a better qb class than that right there

Advertisement
With Richt as the HC we should expect to get quality QBs every recruiting cycle....

We should also (finally) start getting QBs into the pros (again) and producing on occasion...

One thing you gotta remember is we have only seen his sophomore film as compared.to seeing the other guys film as juniors. Everyone expected cade to kill it before he hurt his knee last year on the 1st play of the season. Im personally expecting him to blow up in a kayaa like fashion this year with the exception being that cade can run. If we manage to bring in perry and cade i dont think we could imagine a better qb class than that right there

N'kosi has nothing on this kid...jeez does that kid got a rocket of an arm and it looks like he's not even trying to throw it hard

This kid is good and I would take him as a second QB but no way in **** he's better than N'kosi. N'kosi can make all the throws and he is a better mobile QB. N'kosi is a game changer with his arm and his feet. N'kosi is a top tier QB.

With Richt as the HC we should expect to get quality QBs every recruiting cycle....

We should also (finally) start getting QBs into the pros (again) and producing on occasion...

I wouldn't say that completely...UGA was terrible on offense this year because they lacked a good QB. Then again, he wasn't the QB coach so maybe that won't happen here.

I remember Casey Weldon, he got the job done at Free Shoes U. Mark Richt was his QB coach and I believe he was runner up to Desmond Howard for the Heisman. That Richt was a good QB coach, two Heisman winners and a runner up.

I'm sure the Canes are the front runner Cade or they wouldn't have offered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember Casey Weldon, he got the job done at Free Shoes U. Mark Richt was his QB coach and I believe he was runner up to Desmond Howard for the Heisman. That Richt was a good QB coach, two Heisman winners and a runner up.

I'm sure the Canes are the front runner Cade or they wouldn't have offered.

I was wrong. Their offer would only have gone out if he was accepting. They were probably waiting for Perry to commit first.

Advertisement
Back