Miami of old

Kelly, kosar, Testaverde,, from South Florida?
Schnell recruited SoFl, yep,, he also sold it to Northern talent.
Play in a subtropical paradise, OK..

Advertisement
Richt is a great guy and a above average coach but being held back by the below average coaching staff. Cash is King in hiring a staff and Miami has been cheap for years. Half of our staff are quality hires, but the rest are just killing this team. Terrible special teams coaching, o-line coaching and no offensive coordinator is keeping this team from being a top 10 team.

Jerome Brown wasnt from So Fla. Russell Maryland wasn’t, either. Nor Cortez Kennedy. Nor Warren Sapp. Ed Reed wasn’t. Nor was Ray Lewis. Tiger Clark wasn’t. Ryan McNeil wasnt. Dan Stubbs wasn’t. Rusty Medearis wasn’t. Clinton Portis wasn’t. McKinnie wasn’t. Shockey wasn’t. Winslow wasn’t. Olsen wasn’t. The list goes on and on and on.

We have to recruit well locally, for a lot of reasons, no doubt - but most important for any program is evaluating well. It’s not easier because we have more options. If anything, it’s harder, because there are more kids to consider. And I say this as someone who has hammered the local focus in recruiting for ages. I’m all for it. But only if we evaluate well. And if you evaluate well, then take the best kids where you find them.

Some coaches have it when it comes to seeing potential and grit. Others aren’t as good at it.

Look at the coaching staffs those teams had and you will find your answer. Riches offensive staff/ st is trash overall. He better make some changes or it will be his ***. Been saying this for the longest. Some get it some don't but Miami I need nfl caliber coaches on the sidelines. These guys will bring NFL caliber players on the team and miami will dominate again.

DJ Williams. Jessie Armstead. Dan Morgan grew up in PA (finished Hs in So Fla). Lamar Thomas. Reggie Wayne. Horace Copeland. Vinnie Testaverde. Gino Toretta. Ken Dorsey. Steve Walsh. Bernie Kosar. Jim Kelly. Buchanon. Burgess Owens. Corn Elder. Calais Campbell. Alonzo Highsmith. Fred Marion. Rocky McIntosh. Maurice Crum. Brophy. Colin McCarthy. Michael Jackson. Shaq. Pinckney. Gerald Willis. Deejay Dallas. Jeff Thomas. Hightower. Brevin Jordan. Will Mallory. David Njoku.

Dammit. I’m disproving my own local focus pitch.

Advertisement
Just stick around, coach richt is in the middle of his 3rd year, we're slowly but surely headed close to what we're suppose to look like, i think people have to enjoy the journey and give coach richt more credit for the overall job he's doing, to many people acting as if coach richt took over a championship roster. The fact that people are expecting us to be in the ACC championship game again, let's you know what type of job he's doing.

We are not that far off from being national champions again anyway.

Anyone STILL arguing about the impact of an on campus stadium especially with what hard rock stadium has evolved into right now is not a “Miami” fan clearly

Anyone STILL arguing about the impact of an on campus stadium especially with what hard rock stadium has evolved into right now is not a “Miami” fan clearly

Yeah. It's over. There's zero point in even discussing it.

Advertisement
Yea, who need J. Johnson, Willis, Quarterman, Pinckney, Redwine, M Jackson, Joe Jackson

Jaquan, Mike Jack, and Redwine are the only Golden guys you mentioned. My grandmother could have recruited Jaquan and Redwine to Miami, those guys were Canes no matter who the coach was. Quarterman Pink and Joe Jack were 2016 recruits (Richt's first class)

I was pointing out the fillers on this roster that Golden brought here that were not necessarily University of Miami "Championship" caliber (Milo, Knowles, Mahoney, Jahair Jones, Rosier, McCray, etc). Go look at the bottom of any recruiting class from 2011 - 2015, It will make you cringe.

It all comes down to hard work.

I do believe we work hard right now as a team. However, it doesn't compare to the amount of work those teams put in.

Advertisement
Back