Miami Not Good Enough For a Super Conference?

He only cares about factual accuracy as it applies to UM. He refuses to be held accountable for any other thoughts on any other teams.

He's a troll, and it's high time that we acknowledged it and banned him for it.
So because I don’t post some superfan rah rah bs in every post you want to cancel me? So if I post the FSU score and acknowledge it, all is good? I am sure I wouldn’t hear a peep out of you then, so as long I have the ‘right’ opinion, all is good? In fact, I could post the most insane positive spin imaginable and it would be ok. If I post how crappy we played against UNC, I’m a troll and must be banned? Toe the company line, I got it.

Go Canes, 15-0! We should be on that list. We beat FSU!

Better?

Last edited:
Advertisement
We smashed FSU by as big a margin doofus, but not a whisper from you about them being in over us.

So **** off troll.
Oh, so if I provided the ‘right’ outrage from the proper perspective to preach to the choir, so we can all agree with each other, we are good? Why don’t you provide a list of proper positions to take on appropriate topics so I can positive spin them along with everyone else?

Rah rah go canes! 15-0!!!!

Oh, so if I provided the ‘right’ outrage from the proper perspective to preach to the choir, so we can all agree with each other, we are good? Why don’t you provide a list of proper positions to take on appropriate topics so I can positive spin them along with everyone else?

Rah rah go canes! 15-0!!!!

Lmao at the courageous non-conformist who keeps it real in a sea of clones marching in unison.

So because I don’t post some superfan rah rah bs in every post you want to cancel me? So if I post the FSU score and acknowledge it, all is good? I am sure I wouldn’t hear a peep out of you then, so as long I have the ‘right’ opinion, all is good? In fact, I could post the most insane positive spin imaginable and it would be ok. If I post how crappy we played against UNC, I’m a troll and must be banned? Toe the company line, I got it.

Go Canes, 15-0! We should be on that list. We beat FSU!

Better?

Look, Urkel, you have a sadly distorted view of yourself and your postings. You don't have to be a superfan, but you're not even a fan.

You don't have a "right" or "wrong" opinion, you don't even have an opinion. You simply feel a compulsion to rub everyone's face in our worst loss from last year, which isn't an opinion at all.

Again, you could go down the line of every team on the list, and find a particularly bad game to point out, but you don't bother. You only care about "keeping it real" with your Miami insults and criticism.

You're a troll. Own it.

Advertisement
All that soccer league cares about is money. Gross income as of March 25, 2020 per the scoop. https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-grossing-football-programs-in-college-football-are/

1. Texas — $156 million
2. Georgia — $123 million
3. Michigan — $122 million
4. Notre Dame — $116 million
5. Ohio State — $115 million
6. Penn State — $100 million
7. Auburn — $95 million
8. Oklahoma — $94.8 million
9. Alabama — $94.6 million
10. Nebraska — $94.3 million
11. LSU — $92 million
12. Tennessee — $91 million
13. Wisconsin — $90 million
14. Florida — $85 million
15. Washington — $84 million

So #16 is Miami, Oregon, USC, Clemson or FSU? I would guess Oregon as they pull $72M but again, some Big 10 or SEC school not listed prob brings in just under 84.

All that soccer league cares about is money. Gross income as of March 25, 2020 per the scoop. https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-grossing-football-programs-in-college-football-are/

1. Texas — $156 million
7. Auburn — $95 million
11. LSU — $92 million

So #16 is Miami, Oregon, USC, Clemson or FSU? I would guess Oregon as they pull $72M but again, some Big 10 or SEC school not listed prob brings in just under 84.
Yeah but like every league, eyeballs on TVs are what brings in the big money; look what happened to the NBA and recently NFL TV contracts. You think ESPN and other networks would want Washington, Wisconsin, and Nebraska over Miami, FSU, Clemson, or USC? Fairly certain Miami holds some of the highest rated games, even when we've been down. Doesn't matter if our alumni base is smaller, people want to watch us, even after all these years. And as @hurricaneman stated, we are a major market (as is USC), so it's really not a question in my (obviously biased) opinion.

1. Texas — $156 million
7. Auburn — $95 million
11. LSU — $92 million

Couple things.

First, the PROPOSED Super-League was going to have 20 teams (2 divisions of 10, you play everyone in your division once). Since the US doesn't really use "relegation" rules for anything, any US College Super-League would have 20 teams.

Second, the numbers above are skewed for the CURRENT TV contract. There are 6 SEC teams and 5 Big 10 teams (we don't honestly think that Wisconsin is soooooo desirable now, do we?). If you create a super-league of 20 teams, with super-TV revenue, then the "new" Top 20 revenue schools will be dominated by whoever is included in the super-league.

Third, I think it would be HILARIOUS to test out Notre Dame's "independent" status. They want to keep the NBC contract to themselves? Fine, don't even invite them into the super-league.

Advertisement
I like the idea of using relegation just like soccer does....

What you would have to do is have each conference be paired with a D2 conference and D2 with a D3... every season the bottom 2 from D1 and D2 get relegated down one...the tope 2 from D2 and D3 move up...

It may help get $$$ into those smaller schools by moving up and getting a piece of tv deals, bowl games etc...

1. Texas — $156 million
7. Auburn — $95 million
11. LSU — $92 million

PSU... i knew I left one off the list!

I like the idea of using relegation just like soccer does....

What you would have to do is have each conference be paired with a D2 conference and D2 with a D3... every season the bottom 2 from D1 and D2 get relegated down one...the tope 2 from D2 and D3 move up...

It may help get $$$ into those smaller schools by moving up and getting a piece of tv deals, bowl games etc...
I think it would be a great, if not ruthless, addition. It would probably be the sunset of more than one team who gets relegated downwards. After they get over their initial shock, they might try for another season or two to get back up, but in the end conclude "it isn't worth it/we can't get there" type of thing.

The epic trolling and brutality of one fan base to the other alone is worth the price of admission. Imagine the comments from Miami/UF fans if FSU was ever relegated, or the entire universe if Bama took the plunge.

I'm fly to NCAA HQ to demand this change. Wish me luck.

1. Texas — $156 million
7. Auburn — $95 million
11. LSU — $92 million

Miami is probably not even top 25 in revenue, might not even top 30.

But it is a nice revenue earner for others. Like the networks, the ACC, etc. Mainly due to the ratings it still generates.

Also, what you don’t get in these in revenue rankings is reported booster contributions, which are in the millions yearly per most P5 schools. Miami might very well be bottom 20 in that.

Unreported booster contributions, better known as under the table payments to athletes, is a multi-million dollar yearly cottage industry in the SEC, with Alabama and UGA leading the way. Again, this is an area where Miami is one of the worst in the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it would be a great, if not ruthless, addition. It would probably be the sunset of more than one team who gets relegated downwards. After they get over their initial shock, they might try for another season or two to get back up, but in the end conclude "it isn't worth it/we can't get there" type of thing.

The epic trolling and brutality of one fan base to the other alone is worth the price of admission. Imagine the comments from Miami/UF fans if FSU was ever relegated, or the entire universe if Bama took the plunge.

I'm fly to NCAA HQ to demand this change. Wish me luck.

Like if used for example... the ACC was paired with the Colonial conference. Then based on last years results. Duke and Syracuse would move down into Colonial next season and James Madison and Delaware would move into the ACC...

I dunno there would probably be so much red tape to get through. Would definitely make things interesting and your right the trolling would be absolutely crippling

Not having Miami is comical. Miami is, like it or not, easily one of the top 10 teams in CFB and I'm not talking about W&L's.
Everyone has an opinion about Miami good or bad.
I can't go anywhere in the country and talk CFB and mention I'm a Miami fan w/o eliciting a reaction.

Don't kid yourselves on two key factors either: "media market" size and most importantly long-term, population growth.

While respectable, SoFL isn't even Top 10, and will likely fall out of Top 20 over time. The I-4 corridor is going to become FL's center of gravity (pop-wise they are but don't know it yet). SoFL is now too expensive amd no where to expand except West Palm.
Unless Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach are magically transformed into NYC-esque population densities (not going to happen to that degree), SoFLs problem is land--it just no longer exists and you can't male more of it. Also, look where the growth is (what made Miami a power in 70s amd 80s)--it just isn't there (spare us the "but everyone from NYC is moving to Palm Beach!").

The media, like all national endeavours, will want key markets for sure, but they'll create the fans from everywhere and with travel being routine, getting a$$ in seats is probably a solvable problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back