Miami Not Good Enough For a Super Conference?

These writers are going with what they’ve seen the last 10 years not what happened in the 80’s up to 2001. My eyes tell me that every time we’ve been on a big stage we’ve gotten ours asses whipped with the exception on the Notre Dame game. We haven’t even won our conference which is probably the overall weakest of the big boys. Let’s be real folks!
Once again, it would not be a list of who has been the most successful over the last decade. If that was the case, you’d have to include teams like UCF, Boise, Appalachian State and Stanford.

Advertisement
Agree with you 100%. In the super league I'm talking about however, its about Yankee ball. I believe the teams I mentioned, regardless of regionality, are the ones that can generate and sustain the dollars necessary.

Strictly from a resources lens, BYU would bury those teams (it won't happen of course). Next up in gold in the vault would be Texas, and TAMU.

Name recognition wouldn't be as important as the war chests. And then participation would build the brand (for those that "need" it).

Interesting question: what if euro style relegation was part of the super league and promotion from D1P5 (ehat was left of it) was a possibility??? Want excitement... imagine the high stakes drama of the bottom two super league teams facing the top two challengers to take their spots for next season. On like donkey kong. I'm guessing those two games would equal Natty in terms of viewership.
I actually would love for P5 programs to adopt euro style relegation where every couple of years the big conferences can drop the bottom teams down to g5 and the top g5 schools can get bumped up to the big leagues. I know it would never happen because the Vandys and Rutgers of the world ain’t giving up the P5 money but it would be the best way to handle it.

Miami isn't exactly a high revenue school and we haven't been very good lately...but...Miami is a pretty good, if not upper echelon television ratings draw in college football and if we're creating a Super Conference that is in the content and ad sales business...Miami has to be on there. They sell out Pontiac Silverdome, brother. They carry the demo.

Advertisement
S.I. asked 6 sportswriters to name 15 teams they would select to make up a College Football super conference. Half of them left out Miami. While every writer included all the usual suspects you would expect, the 3 who eliminated Miami had, respectively, Missouri, UCLA, and Washington listed instead. I realize this is all subjective, but Missouri, UCLA, and Washington??

UNC 62-26.

Advertisement
Can we agree 15 is a stupid number to start? Why would you not do 16 and have a perfect bracket set up?

Advertisement
If you’re trying to put together a list of teams from power conferences who have been consistently dominant over the last decade, you’re going to struggle making it to 15. Almost everyone outside of Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and maybe Oklahoma has had a few dud seasons.

Here's a good starting point.

Count up all the teams who have won MULTIPLE wire-service and/or BCS national championships since they started allowing black athletes to play the game.

Nebraska
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
Alabama
LSU
Notre Dame
Clemson
Miami
Pedo State
Ohio Taint
F$U
UiF

These 13 teams have DOMINATED college football for the past 50 years. A couple of those are "down" for now, but that is the motherfvckin' HISTORY of college football in the modern integrated era.

Advertisement
We smashed FSU by as big a margin but not a whisper from you about them being in is there doofus.

You’re a sad, pathetic troll.

He only cares about factual accuracy as it applies to UM. He refuses to be held accountable for any other thoughts on any other teams.

He's a troll, and it's high time that we acknowledged it and banned him for it.

I think most people who look solely at who brings the eyeballs would agree Miami (at minimum) brings in top 15 viewership for games...

that’s not including other things like our tradition and ability to play up to the level of competition

Advertisement
Back