Miami Not Good Enough For a Super Conference?

S.I. asked 6 sportswriters to name 15 teams they would select to make up a College Football super conference. Half of them left out Miami. While every writer included all the usual suspects you would expect, the 3 who eliminated Miami had, respectively, Missouri, UCLA, and Washington listed instead. I realize this is all subjective, but Missouri, UCLA, and Washington??

HE HATE ME!!

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Super Conference:
Miami
FSU
Clemson
USC
Oregon
UCLA
Bama
UGA
Texas A&M
OU
UT
OKSt
OSU
Michigan
Wisconsin

Imo.

If I had to do 15:
Miami
Florida State
Clemson
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Georgia
Oklahoma
Texas
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
USC
Notre Dame
I think it's a good list, other than FSU. Maybe replace them with someone better, like Temple. :)

What some UM fans, especially the younger ones, fail to realize is that most people outside of Miami hate Miami. They think of Miami as half ghetto thug haven and half full of sweaty Mexicans (because they are too stupid to realize there’s a dozen different South American origins.) They hate the fact that we ruined their traditions by putting faster dominating players on the field. They hate that we rubbed it in their faces for 30 years of their miserable lives.

Because of the above...they will refuse to admit Miami is ever relevant at football even if we win an NC and go undefeated. David Pollack is a prime example the youngins would know.

I welcome the disrespect. We deserve it.

You want respect, go earn it. Go win something. Miami has been average for about 15 years, we all know this, so instead of crying about being disrespected, go out and win something and earn some respect.

Also Miami is the only P5 team other than Pitt that doesn’t even have a stadium of its own. Think about how bush league that actually is.

Why should a middle-of-the-pack coastal team with a rental stadium who hasn’t won a bowl game since dinosaurs roamed the earth be considered among the top 15 teams in the country...just because they had a run in the 80’s to early 2000’s?

You want that kind of respect go out and earn it. Do something to deserve it.

Advertisement
What some UM fans, especially the younger ones, fail to realize is that most people outside of Miami hate Miami. They think of Miami as half ghetto thug haven and half full of sweaty Mexicans (because they are too stupid to realize there’s a dozen different South American origins.) They hate the fact that we ruined their traditions by putting faster dominating players on the field. They hate that we rubbed it in their faces for 30 years of their miserable lives.

Because of the above...they will refuse to admit Miami is ever relevant at football even if we win an NC and go undefeated. David Pollack is a prime example the youngins would know.
Notice we're no longer Thug U since we ain't been winning? Now these same haters come to SoFlo to drop bags on the same players they use to call purse snatchers and gang bangers!

Miami
FSU
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
LSU
ND
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Texas
USC

Some people could leave FSU/MIA off in favor of maybe Auburn and somebody else but FSU to me started the crazy plays wide open offense and Miami's defense by themselves made option go away.

Advertisement
No way Miami would get left out.The super league can be about a lot of things but the main thing will still be money and Miami good or bad,is still a major TV draw.

Advertisement
No way Miami would get left out.The super league can be about a lot of things but the main thing will still be money and Miami good or bad,is still a major TV draw.

Agreed... even the soccer league said records didnt really matter.

Also I find it funny we're not good enough but we can be unranked and get beaten by some team and their fans will storm the field... i mean if we're irrelevant then why do they do that?

Agreed... even the soccer league said records didnt really matter.

Also I find it funny we're not good enough but we can be unranked and get beaten by some team and their fans will storm the field... i mean if we're irrelevant then why do they do that?
Same reason TV finds a way to get us on their channel no matter how good or bad we’ve been or who we are playing.
We’ve sucked for almost a decade but that “U” still has viewer pull whether you love or hate us..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back