Miami Northwestern gurus

Big Sky Cane

6th Year Senior
I was talking to my buddy and he said his boy (from Montana) signed a letter of intent with Mayville State University (North Dakota), so I decided to do some digging on their current crop of recruits.

Mayville, ND is a small cow town about an hour from the Canadian border with a population of 1,500 (no misprint). Mayville State is a perennial bottom dweller in NAIA football so that should tell you about the quality of the program.

What caught my eye is they signed 57 kids and 10 out of Miami and 4 from North Western.

54 Waugh Michael CB 5'10 170 Miami Northwestern High

19 Gedeus Nathaniel WR 5'9 165 Miami Northwestern High

12 Canady Torrance WR 5'10 175 Miami Northwestern High

15 Dorismond Rony DL 6'0 225 Miami Northwestern High

17 Espinal Eddie WR 5'11 170 Miami Senior High

18 Frazier Robbie OL 5'11 270 Miami Jackson High

26 Holt Jack DL 6'2 210 Miami Jackson High

31 Lee Darius DL 6'0 215 Miami Jackson High

7 Beaubien Shandler OL 6'0 260 Miami Jackson High

40 Osgood Keith WR 6'0 160 South Dade Senior High

Has anyone heard anything about these kids? You would think they would have had to been backups or J.V. players. I went to college at Grand Forks, ND (UND) for a couple years (about twenty minutes north of Mayville) and these winters are brutal. I'm talking snow and minus 50 with the wind chill type ****. Gonna be quite the culture shock for them boys. Any info would be much appreciated.

Regardless......this coach must just "get it".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Uncle Luke says that the only way Mayville got 'em was 'cause the U didn't offer!

I almost spit my drink out reading this. We supposed to offer kids that are in competition with schools like Mayville State University.

Advertisement
Shows how much the kids want to continue playing football, but its news to me that Maysville had a pipeline to MNW. If you send this to Dan what's his face the radio guy I'm sure he'll toot on air about how Maysville is out recruiting us for Florida kids.

I bet not many of them even make it thru one winter. We diss those SoFla kids who go to the mid-west because it's cold...that ain't ***** compared to ND cold. Those boys are going to freeze.

Advertisement
The thing about a lot of these small NAIA programs in North Dakota is they get to offer "cultural diversity" scholarships, so essentially if you are "non-white" you can attend for next to nothing. Not sure if that is at play here but I wouldn't doubt it.

The thing about a lot of these small NAIA programs in North Dakota is they get to offer "cultural diversity" scholarships, so essentially if you are "non-white" you can attend for next to nothing. Not sure if that is at play here but I wouldn't doubt it.

Schools in Utah and Colorado must be able to offer 200 scholarships a year for cultural diversity. I lived in Colorado for 8 years and the first black guy I saw after 4 months was Clinton Portis gassing up at the local convenience store near Dove Valley.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back