Miami Nights official

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nike gave us absolute garbage alternatives for years and people still can't get off the Nike stuff.
The school has the ultimate say. Funny
how Alabama, LSU, etc. haven’t had those garbage alternatives, or really any alternatives.

I’m not advocating one brand over the other but this gets posted a lot and it makes no sense.

They should make them like those ghost cop cars. Black with the numbers in a slightly different shade of black. Then we wouldn't have to upset porsters with X wearing a baggy shirt.

Advertisement
IMG_7765.jpeg
IMG_7764.png

These abominations were made by Nike - if we go back to them I hope they do a lot better. Bad memories of the Golden era

Remember when we busted out the special all green unis for GT in I think 04-05? We laid an enormous **** coming off a huge win at “ I think “ VT putting us back in the natty conversation. One of the weirder games I’ve seen.
The ones that had the one stupid orange shoulder. Terrible. Both the uni’s and the game itself

Advertisement
View attachment 258884View attachment 258885

These abominations were made by Nike - if we go back to them I hope they do a lot better. Bad memories of the Golden era
The clamshell was definitely weird. Personally not a fan of any of our alternates from Nike or Adidas, but I'm sure Nike could at least get the U on the collar to appear straight.

I'm more concerned about fan apparel, and Nike ***** on adidas in both selection and quality. I've bought two Adidas shirts and won't be buying more, but I still have Nike stuff from 10+ years ago that's going strong.

In any case let's hope we don't get stuck with Fanatics lol.

View attachment 258884View attachment 258885

Fr. Idk how people can look at these unis and beg for Nike lmao. Like fine, they don’t have to be your cup of tea. But you’re blowing smoke up your own *** if you can’t admit Nike outfitted this team in the most embarrassing outfits in this programs history.

Nike gave us absolute garbage alternatives for years and people still can't get off the Nike stuff.

Please stop with this nonsense.

Our ****** ADs, including Skinny Shawn and Beta Blake, could have and should have pushed back. But they didn't.

Somehow...you never see these "garbage alternatives" forced on schools like Michigan and Penn State and Alabama and Georgia...

But you know WHO ELSE had a horrible "garbage alternative"...

A certain school from Hogtown, with an Athletic Director who also didn't push the **** back up the chute...

1695936200152.png

Advertisement
The clamshell was definitely weird. Personally not a fan of any of our alternates from Nike or Adidas, but I'm sure Nike could at least get the U on the collar to appear straight.

I'm more concerned about fan apparel, and Nike ***** on adidas in both selection and quality. I've bought two Adidas shirts and won't be buying more, but I still have Nike stuff from 10+ years ago that's going strong.

In any case let's hope we don't get stuck with Fanatics lol.

The "clam" (a stylized ibis, look carefully) was not an alternate uniform, it was a new logo designed by Nike because they didn't want to pay as much money to John Routh for using the Sebastian logo.

That is a separate issue from the color/design of our jerseys.

Remember when we busted out the special all green unis for GT in I think 04-05? We laid an enormous **** coming off a huge win at “ I think “ VT putting us back in the natty conversation. One of the weirder games I’ve seen.
Those unis were too far away from traditional for me

Why? Why? Does this sell more merchandise? Who comes up with these combinations? Who thought teams are in the same color jersey and pants was a good idea?

Almost every one of these combinations, college and pro, looks like the team wearing them lost a bet.

Not only did they give us crap, they then tried to F us on the money side. The entire negotiation was a farce and they dared Miami to call their bluff. Amazing how some people love a shoe company more than the school.

The funny part is that student athletes have said on multiple occasions that Adidas treats them far better than Nike ever did. Malik Rosier has talked about this on multiple occasions, he was here long enough to experience both eras. If the student athletes are getting hooked up and the school is getting a fat check, then I’m fine with it. If Nike or Jordan comes correct in the next negotiation window, that’s cool. Until then, I roll with the brand that invested in my alma mater.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back