Miami NFTC Top 10 Performers

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
By Newberg/Simmons
Here are the top 10 performers from the Miami NFTC led by offensive tackle Trevor Darling.

1. (OT) Trevor Darling (Miami, Fla./Central)
Darling was outstanding. What’s the most impressive thing to see is how much he has improved over the past year and how he’s filling out that huge frame. He’s now 6-foot-6 and 328-pounds.

2. (OT) Isaiah Wynn (St. Petersburg, Fla./Lakewood)
Wynn has been one of the hottest offensive line prospects of late. He has the versatility to play almost anywhere on the front. He’s 6-foot-3 but plays a little bigger than that. Wynn played left tackle on Sunday and was outstanding.

3. (RB) Joseph Yearby (Miami, Fla./Central)
While it’s hard to gauge running backs at an event like this Yearby still looked outstanding in just about every task they asked of the running backs. He made a few linebackers look like silly in some of the drills with some downright nasty moves.

4. (CB) Chris Lammons (Plantation, Fla.)
Lammons was the most impressive defensive back in the deep and was the MVP of this position. He has very good cover skills and showed he was not only the top defensive back on Sunday but the top cornerback over the weekend if you combined both Nike events. Lammons was so impressive he was invited to the Opening this summer.

5. (DE) Chad Thomas (Miami, Fla./Booker T. Washington)
Thomas has a very high ceiling. He has the size and athleticism. Thomas gets off the ball well and displayed pretty good pass rushing skills in one on one session. He just needs to continue to fill out his frame and develop.

6.(WR) Johnnie Dixon (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Dwyer)
Dixon had a big day on Sunday and earned an Opening invite and received rave reviews from the NFTC coaching staff. The bottom line is that he gets open and makes plays.

7. (OLB) Richard Yeargin (Nova, Fla./University School)
It looked like a pretty strong good of linebackers in Miami with Yeargin leading the way and taking home MVP honors. This is a big kid (6-4/210) with long arms and athleticism. He also showed he can play in coverage.

8. (C) Raul Diaz (Miami, Fla./Central)
No disrespect to Diaz, but he’s not the same type of prospect as Darling or McDermott. But he had a great day and won MVP honors on the offensive front. Diaz is a nasty center prospect that can sink his hips and move his feet.

9. (DT) Khairi Clark (Hollywood, Fla./Chaminade-Madonna)
Clark is a strong and overpowering defensive tackle. He’s a heavy 300-plus pounds. For his size he shows pretty good quickness and the ability to play up field. On a few occasions he just used his sheer strength to throw an offensive lineman out of the way.

10). (WR) Shawn Burgess-Becker (Coconut Creek, Fla./Monarch)
Burgess is an impressive 2015 recruit that stars on both sides of the ball. On Sunday he played receiver and showed he was one of the top underclassmen there. Burgess the size (6-2/190) and speed combination and really snatches the ball well out of the air. He was offered by Alabama on Tuesday.

Advertisement
There where other players that where more on thier A game. For instance Mcdermott was getting abused by Thomas for most of thier reps against each other. Watch the video from the event, but they will make each other better in practice at the U.

Go Canes

Those one-on-one OL vs DL drills drastically favor the DL. Still, an elite should hold his own like Darling did from the video I saw.

Last edited:
Advertisement
While it’s hard to gauge running backs at an event like this Yearby still looked outstanding in just about every task they asked of the running backs. He made a few linebackers look like silly in some of the drills with some downright nasty moves.

[video]http://www.grab-media.com/premium-videos/5080111/[/video]

Didn't want to be the one to say it but Paranos is right. I saw KC get beat a few times in the drills I saw. I had to rewind it to make sure it was him. He definitely didn't bring his A game. He needs to realize that he is "5 star OT KC McDermott" and he has a big target on his back. So whenever a DL lines up across from him he knows if he makes KC look silly he will get some offers. I think it was good for him. To wake him up and get him ready for the Opening. Darling looked like he was ready!

Didn't want to be the one to say it but Paranos is right. I saw KC get beat a few times in the drills I saw. I had to rewind it to make sure it was him. He definitely didn't bring his A game. He needs to realize that he is "5 star OT KC McDermott" and he has a big target on his back. So whenever a DL lines up across from him he knows if he makes KC look silly he will get some offers. I think it was good for him. To wake him up and get him ready for the Opening. Darling looked like he was ready!

I think Darling is a LT and McDermott is a RT, personally. Want both very badly. The competition between them, Flowers and Odogwu would not be for the faint of heart.

Advertisement
I don't put much stock in it as RB really can't be judged a ton at these things, but find it interesting that everyone who watched this camp placed Yearby above Cook. I just wish I knew if that's due to preconceived notions or if Yearby just looked better. Anyway... Glad to have Yearby and would absolutely love Cook.

[video]http://www.grab-media.com/premium-videos/5080111/[/video]

WOW! Beastly. Dude is off the charts.

Advertisement
Back