miami nc state talk....back at it again

That is a fantastic point that I think most of us have never considered. Especially those of us that haven't come from your background.

Can you expound on that?

**** yea i wanna know too

I know you weren't asking me, but I'd say that if a kid works hard in practice he'll play hard on Saturday. Some kids are lazy and only want to play the games and be on tv and I imagine that comes out at practice. At some point you're more interested in the kid who will take coaching and work than the one with the right measurable. Obviously the goal is to get the kids who have both, but sometimes you pass on the freak athlete in favor of the good athlete who's going to work for his place on the team, not expect it to be given.

u know when u say it like that it reminds me of that kid from miami northwestern......if u youtube it its called the year of the bull. he was the ultimate diva.......it was like TO on deer antler it was bad......was it telford?

Amazing to see a kid talk **** to a coach. Also amazing to see a coach tackle a kid. S Florida football is a whole other world.

Ihad a coach like that and we were tough as **** he got fired cause of something similar and we sucked afterward i hated him but later on in life i find him to be the best coach i had. Tough inner city coach....one weak parent got upset

Advertisement
U make alot of points especially about LJ.....my thing is how a school knows about a kid in our area and we dont? I have to see how these guys evaluate one thats a big thing and then closing and sealing the deal.

Because they do it for a living & without a bias. Alot of kids like lineman for instance colleges don't really look at the production they have in highschool (that's secondary at certain positions)they look at intangibles & ethics. Alot of recruiting is actually decided in practices believe it or not.

That is a fantastic point that I think most of us have never considered. Especially those of us that haven't come from your background.

Can you expound on that?

I know you weren't asking me, but I'd say that if a kid works hard in practice he'll play hard on Saturday. Some kids are lazy and only want to play the games and be on tv and I imagine that comes out at practice. At some point you're more interested in the kid who will take coaching and work than the one with the right measurable. Obviously the goal is to get the kids who have both, but sometimes you pass on the freak athlete in favor of the good athlete who's going to work for his place on the team, not expect it to be given.

That's basically sums it up. Talent only accounts for so much in a player. You want a kid that his coaches rave about. A kid who dominates in the game & leads by example in practice. A kid who doesn't look at his teammates like they arent his equal. That's all sold to us as the first questions asked before we even sit and watch a game. The likelihood is if you don't practice hard & lead by example than you'll run into off field issues & a locker room poison because that stuff is how character is judged. That kid from the year of the bull is a perfect example. Taurean Charles. As usual everyone was mad cause we didn't want him but in hindsight look at that tape & see all the stuff we don't generally get to see. It's very rarely all about on field production (that's how special Willie Williams was but look how that worked out thanks to onion)

That's basically sums it up. Talent only accounts for so much in a player. You want a kid that his coaches rave about. A kid who dominates in the game & leads by example in practice. A kid who doesn't look at his teammates like they arent his equal. That's all sold to us as the first questions asked before we even sit and watch a game. The likelihood is if you don't practice hard & lead by example than you'll run into off field issues & a locker room poison because that stuff is how character is judged. That kid from the year of the bull is a perfect example. Taurean Charles. As usual everyone was mad cause we didn't want him but in hindsight look at that tape & see all the stuff we don't generally get to see. It's very rarely all about on field production (that's how special Willie Williams was but look how that worked out thanks to onion)

Fantastic stuff Brooklyn!

When you say "we" in the above to whom are you referring?

Because they do it for a living & without a bias. Alot of kids like lineman for instance colleges don't really look at the production they have in highschool (that's secondary at certain positions)they look at intangibles & ethics. Alot of recruiting is actually decided in practices believe it or not.

Can you expound on that?

Toughness and work are so important and often overlooked, probably because they're hard for fans to measure as we don't see practice. That said, I'd stick my foot in a coach's *** for putting my kid on the field before he was checked out.

You were preaching bro!!!!!

We need way more talent at the skills position & that's why I've been getting kinda ****ed at the staff now because I feel like they need to be way more aggressive than they are, but I'm still gonna be patient & give them time.

But you're 100% correct, there should never be a time when Miami doesn't have speed at CB, WR & RB...

It might take another recruiting cycle, but this staff has to start getting the top South Fla kids to stay home, whatever it takes, whatever they gotta pay, they just need to get it done & stop letting these kids leave.

Amen! Brother

Advertisement

I just mean the staff or the University.

I just mean the staff or the University.

Thx wasn't sure if you were working at the HS or college level somewhere.

#bigly

Can you expound on that?

Thats y i showed that u reminded me of it....u saw that netflix special last chance U? John Franklin is the same way....dude ayed one half n auburn offered...but if auburn saw that series he would not recieve one......u make good points i cant front

dwin.....keepin it 100 beginning to end.

You get it bro....props for getting the word on the loud speaker

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back