Miami Mentions: 2020 Top247 July Update

View as article
I get that and good for Theo, he deserves it. But somewhat strange on other guys rising that didn't participate in the camps or were limited (Knighton and Tae Williams). That is somewhat difficult to explain. IF they were rated low to begin with fine, then wait til they participate in games and practices to raise them up. It makes no sense to drop guys that did and have been participating. Basically saying this whole thing makes no sense.
Maybe other guys dropped below those guys?

I dont know i dont look at the list or anything i probably check it once a year.

Advertisement
Brevin would've been a 5 star had he committed to a top SEC school, OSU, Mich, or FSU. You can bet your Ar$e.
Nah it was his hieght......if he was 6'5 250 moving the way he does he would be a five star facts. Bama was after that kid as well and it was real interest thats the only reason he didnt get the fifth and it was said it was his size

Its not because we r the U i refuse to beloeve that. Its camps also it can be for a player being idol and some other kids replacing them that show outm. R these right all the time **** nah but if gives u an idea. Chad Thomas was a five star and played like a high 4. Dalvin was a four and played like a 5....duke was a 4 and played like a 5. As long as your mentioned and not an after thpught then u should be good to go or have somewhat potential. I would care alot more if we landed like a top three or a Clowney type. Brevin was that type and he got the repect he was a top two TE he disnt drop cause he came to us.

Dalvin was a 5star dude and so was Duke

Advertisement
Dalvin was a 5star dude and so was Duke
I didnt even know dalvin was a five could of sworn he was a four on some sites. I cant go check right now though.....u may be right but i dont remember it. All i remember was seeing a tape that said five star and was mad as **** we didnt get him

And Duke played to his ranling he was legendary for us

If Jaylen didn’t even participate and Chaney showed out when the opportunity was given yet Chaney dropped
Was going to be hard for Chaney....running backs dont stand out in those events he had tjat one highlight. If he ran a 4.4 they would of pumped...hes still elite but u have to remember what these people look for

Its not because we r the U i refuse to beloeve that. Its camps also it can be for a player being idol and some other kids replacing them that show outm. R these right all the time **** nah but if gives u an idea. Chad Thomas was a five star and played like a high 4. Dalvin was a four and played like a 5....duke was a 4 and played like a 5. As long as your mentioned and not an after thpught then u should be good to go or have somewhat potential. I would care alot more if we landed like a top three or a Clowney type. Brevin was that type and he got the repect he was a top two TE he disnt drop cause he came to us.
Michael Redding, Don Chaney & Issiah Walker were 3 of the best performers at the Opening & all 3 dropped. Knighton didn't even participate & got bumped.

It's not the camps, it's who the scouting directors at 247 DECIDE they want to move up or down & it's based on who the player is committed to or which team is interested in them.

Michael Redding should be a top 10 WR in the nation, look at the kids they have ahead of him, some of them are not anywhere close to as athletically gifted as he is, there's not one single thing the kid doesn't do well but he's still not being properly ranked.

These ratings don't change my opinion on any player or commit we got, Idgaf if they're dead last or first, I know what a good football player looks like regardless of what the sites say. But the point is, the recruiting sites are more political than they are objective & fair and it's obvious.

Advertisement
He's the same EXACT size as Isaac Nauta.
At least they gave a reason whwn Nauta was over rated he was already a finished product in HS its better to stay away from those. At the end of the day these aint always right so i dont get why people get bent out of shape

Michael Redding, Don Chaney & Issiah Walker were 3 of the best performers at the Opening & all 3 dropped. Knighton didn't even participate & got bumped.

It's not the camps, it's who the scouting directors at 247 DECIDE they want to move up or down & it's based on who the player is committed to or which team is interested in them.

Michael Redding should be a top 10 WR in the nation, look at the kids they have ahead of him, some of them are not anywhere close to as athletically gifted as he is, there's not one single thing the kid doesn't do well but he's still not being properly ranked.

These ratings don't change my opinion on any player or commit we got, Idgaf if they're dead last or first, I know what a good football player look so Ike's regardless of what the sites say. But the point is, the recruiting sites are more political than they are objective & fair and it's obvious.
On your second paragraph i find it hard to believe like if a kid gets a fifth star that means billy joe sitting in his basement signs up for a subscription just to look at the fifth star by a kids name. I juat find that hard to believe. I respect your football iq and the players u like same as me most of the time but its hard to believe man

I get our guys dropped but the rankings aren't set in stone yet. These kids haven't even played their HS season yet. There's still time for some to rise and fall but at least the last rankings will show the growth or drop off of our guys playing an actual football game and not 7 on 7 or these position drills at camps. Relax guys it's not the end of the world.

On your second paragraph i find it hard to believe like if a kid gets a fifth star that means billy joe sitting in his basement signs up for a subscription just to look at the fifth star by a kids name. I juat find that hard to believe. I respect your football iq and the players u like same as me most of the time but its hard to believe man
Why do you think a bunch of Oh St commits got bumped?

It's not coincidence bro, the scouting directors & analysts at 247 are not objective & fair, they play politics.

Advertisement
I also agree @Liberty City El MR should be a top ten wr. But we arent the only school this happens too. I think also they inflate bama uga and lsu clemson based on the coaches history not subscription base. I think they trust the coaches more then the subs cause they get there money either way

Advertisement
Whos in front of Chaney i have to watch there films. I have only seen the guys we targeted and Chaney is by far the best. Although i do like that small back Holmes i believe his name is

Advertisement
Back