Miami Mentions: 2020 Rivals250 - Preseason Update

View as article
I read somewhere recently that Mammarelli did not participate on the camp/7x7 circuit because he is recovering from a shoulder injury. That would negatively impact his rating and rank. From all reports, the Canes should be happy about keeping him under the radar.

Advertisement
Who cares about the stars the coaches did their evaluation and thinks he Miami material, that’s all that matter
I don't care about the stars. I said " For us(Miami) it's a great thing especially if the early evaluations was on point and he turns out to be a top TE." I believe you read my statement in the wrong context. The only thing about his skillset that I'm not sure of is if he can catch the ball consistently. He should be an elite blocker on the HS level. That should transition to college well.

I expect the slide to continue as far as rankings because of him not being in camps and because he plays in the offense he's currently in. I stand behind my statement that for the kid's benefit a transfer to a team that can show off his recieving skills would help him with development tremendously. The fact that he's staying put helps us in recruiting. I love his loyalty traits. Most of these kids nowadays don't know what loyalty means. It's a blessing that we don't need him to play right away. He's going to have to learn how to run a route tree correctly among other things. If the kid has great hands he'll be a star because like I said blocking should be elite right now.

Every Miami recruit dropped what do you know, maybe these committee people that make up the stars for high school players sounds exactly like the NCCA so as long as as the coaches want these players **** what everyone else thinks

Advertisement
Yeah you can’t drop Redding because he’s “raw” yet increase Arian Smith who is extremely raw. I believe we, along with others, were recruiting him as a DB.

Rivals has Redding as a top 11 wr (67th overall) in the whole entire country at wr despite not being a natural pass catcher and Smith is in the 30s, way behind Redding. Anyone who thinks rivals is hating on Redding for being committed to Miami or for anything is a real life ******.

Advertisement
Back