Miami Looking to Make a “Silent Creep” on 2018 5 Star DB

What's up with Blades recruitment? My phone logs me out a lot so I don't much, but I read the tweets from recruits and from all these guys, Blades shows almost no love to UM. Maybe I am reading too deep into this, just looking for clarity with some posters who have more insight than me

He's coming. Don't worry and be patient. Let him have his moment, he is recruiting for us behind the scenes FYI.

Advertisement
Disagree, hall is no doubt better than anyone we are recruiting at db not named jobe or campbell. Regardless hall will be committing soon to Miami anyway so that's a moot point. Watch the film he's a beast

Gurvan has a spot in this class. That's crazy talk. His commitment is coming this spring.

Also, I'd flip Gurvan & Frierson on the way you categorized them.

Gurvan actually very fluid and athletic, he can play both spots if needed. He possesses some of the greatest closing speed I've seen in a long time, I prefer him at safety but he's good enough to play corner too. Frierson struggles at corner, I have major doubts he will be a corner at Miami despite what some have said. He's a natural FS, wouldn't take him out of that element.

While I like Tyson upside more at corner. He can be just as good at safety. Would put him in the hybrid conversation.

While I mentioned earlier that Blades plays safety at a higher level right now than corner. I view his most upside at corner regardless. Rumph will get that out of him in college.

Randy will be in the box and nickel packages. Think of what we had Jaquan playing last year.

I like hall more than frierson. I like frierson a lot but I think really highly of hall. He's that good

Rightfully so. Hall is special. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] & I were warning and promoting him on here to posters since last offseason. He reminds me a lot of Darryl Williams who came through this very same program. All-American safety. His closing speed was other-worldly like Hall.
What would you say is friersons strengths and weaknesses. I only ask cuz I've seen a lot of gator love on twitter from him.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Length and range along with his wingspan. Deceptive speed, he's a long strider. Not necessarily a blazer but he's not slow though, good speed. Just don't think he has the recovery speed to be a corner. A natural as a FS though IMO. Has great field awareness when he gets the ball in his hands.(He used to play offense, will explain why.) While he's not gonna give you that pop and wow hits all the time like all over Jobe and Hall film, he's actually a reliable and willing tackler and improved his physicality last year.

Oh and don't worry. That's trolling. Believe me, he's coming.

What's up with Blades recruitment? My phone logs me out a lot so I don't much, but I read the tweets from recruits and from all these guys, Blades shows almost no love to UM. Maybe I am reading too deep into this, just looking for clarity with some posters who have more insight than me

He's coming. Don't worry and be patient. Let him have his moment, he is recruiting for us behind the scenes FYI.

Lit. Gone try and be on the boards and more active, this semester been whooping my tail. And my biggest thing I noticed, and maybe it's just me, but Jobe's gf talks about nothing but Bama and I think that play into crootin' if they let her in just so he goes there. If he flips, I would believe that would be prime opportunity for Tyreke to jump on (Hoping we get both though, never too many savages)

If Johnson really wants in, you tell Russell to kick rocks

Nah Russell is really good. Best tackling db we are recruiting this year and he might be better than gurvan hall at big hits. He can potentially play a hybrid linebacker/ inbox safety role near the line of scrimmage.

Advertisement
Hartley is the Area recruiter... I said it in another thread but I'm sure there family would like to have there sons In close proximity to each other.

Hartley is the Area recruiter... I said it in another thread but I'm sure there family would like to have there sons In close proximity to each other.

That's another factor. Big bro will be at FAU with Kiffin right up the road.

Lol yall be knowing who the best of the best in a class before the season starts...

I wasnt sayn Gurvan would be pushed out i said he could be the odd man out bc i dont believe all of these dbs are going to be content with being a back up to somebody in their same class when they could just go start somewhere else...

I mentioned Gurvan Hall bc Randy Russell brings a different skillset with his physicality so even though Hall is a special talent he would he competing with Josh Jobe and Tyreke Johnson as well as Gilbert Frierson. Somebody not coming is all im saying.

Lol yall be knowing who the best of the best in a class before the season starts...

I wasnt sayn Gurvan would be pushed out i said he could be the odd man out bc i dont believe all of these dbs are going to be content with being a back up to somebody in their same class when they could just go start somewhere else...

I mentioned Gurvan Hall bc Randy Russell brings a different skillset with his physicality so even though Hall is a special talent he would he competing with Josh Jobe and Tyreke Johnson as well as Gilbert Frierson. Somebody not coming is all im saying.
When you have to reshape the db roster like we do it's just is what it is. But Miami shouldn't be dumb and accept Sherwood commitment and say he's playing safety. That's just recruting a problem where schools can say you have 8 dbs already committed. Let him know we are taking his commitment at linebacker

I'll have to see more traction with tyreke Johnson before we start penciling him in the class

Ideal scenario
Cb
Jobe
Blades
Campbell
Ivey

Safety
Hall
Frierson
Russell

Wildcard tyreke Johnson/ Patrick surtain

Linebacker
Sherwood

This is a talented class and is why I said earlier this week if there was every a year to take 7- 8 dbs it's this one and it sets up perfect for Miami with the way our depth chart looks

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol @ some of these posters. Johnson has nothing to do w Campbell or Macho Man Russell.

If Johnson wants in and we hit our mark for DBs, he's in. If Williams wants in and we hit our quota for WR, he's in.

A DB haul of Campbell, Blades, Ivey, Jobe and Johnson...that wouldn't be fair to CFB. We could blitz on dang near every play b/c all of those aforementioned gentlemen can play on an island.

Can't get too excited.

Gurvan has a spot in this class. That's crazy talk. His commitment is coming this spring.

Also, I'd flip Gurvan & Frierson on the way you categorized them.

Gurvan actually very fluid and athletic, he can play both spots if needed. He possesses some of the greatest closing speed I've seen in a long time, I prefer him at safety but he's good enough to play corner too. Frierson struggles at corner, I have major doubts he will be a corner at Miami despite what some have said. He's a natural FS, wouldn't take him out of that element.

While I like Tyson upside more at corner. He can be just as good at safety. Would put him in the hybrid conversation.

While I mentioned earlier that Blades plays safety at a higher level right now than corner. I view his most upside at corner regardless. Rumph will get that out of him in college.

Randy will be in the box and nickel packages. Think of what we had Jaquan playing last year.

I like hall more than frierson. I like frierson a lot but I think really highly of hall. He's that good

Rightfully so. Hall is special. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] & I were warning and promoting him on here to posters since last offseason. He reminds me a lot of Darryl Williams who came through this very same program. All-American safety. His closing speed was other-worldly like Hall.
What would you say is friersons strengths and weaknesses. I only ask cuz I've seen a lot of gator love on twitter from him.

Length and range along with his wingspan. Deceptive speed, he's a long strider. Not necessarily a blazer but he's not slow though, good speed. Just don't think he has the recovery speed to be a corner. A natural as a FS though IMO. Has great field awareness when he gets the ball in his hands.(He used to play offense, will explain why.) While he's not gonna give you that pop and wow hits all the time like all over Jobe and Hall film, he's actually a reliable and willing tackler and improved his physicality last year.

Gilbert Frierson played all of last season with two broken bones in his foot that he got diagnosed with after the season. He just recently got the boot off and is in recovery. I'm going to wait until I see him fully healthy this season before I worry about his speed.

Advertisement

Gilbert Frierson played all of last season with two broken bones in his foot that he got diagnosed with after the season. He just recently got the boot off and is in recovery. I'm going to wait until I see him fully healthy this season before I worry about his speed.

Now, that qualifies as a freaking savage!!!

Do people outside of the board I.e. his teammates, SoFL players etc actually refer to Russell as the Macho Man?

If so, this is ****** amazing.

Advertisement

Yeah I remember you mentioned that somewhere. What I'm basing off is the CC game last year and the ref clinic scrimmages and when I saw him his sophomore year watching Gee Stanley & Rasul. Feel he's a better fit at safety from what I've seen.

Any vids of this kid playing ? Or can someone give a quick Evaluation on how good he is

Pure Safeties

Gurvan Hall
Randy Russell (committed)

Pure corners

Tyson Campbell
Al Blades Jr (committed)
DJ Ivey (committed)

Hybrids

Tyreke Johnson
Josh Jobe (committed)
Gilbert Frierson (committed)

- its going to be interesting to see how it shakes out in the end. I can see Gurvan Hall being the odd man out if Tyreke Johnson wants in. Regardless this could be the best db class in cfb history.

People need to stop worrying about numbers. All of those guys listed are takes and we will take as many of them as want in. If room needs to be made, it will be made elsewhere (or by showing the door to some current DB's on the roster), but DB is a huge priority right now and all of those guys are elite.

Advertisement
Back