Miami linked to NIL investigaton

Saban and company have the NCAA goon squad undercut their competitors. What a legend that guy.

Dude's an FBI informant with exceptional managerial skills and knowledge of defense.

[Yes, I'm upset this morning as the coordinated SEC attack continues. But, my point remains.]

Here's an image of Saban the Rat at a recent dinner:

1639235204737.png

Advertisement
What the NCAA is deciding is whether having whole team deals is pay for play. BYU has a team deal with a protein supplement company.

I think the NCAA wants to draw a line against it. Otherwise, guys like the billionaire booster Ruiz could just pay every player a million dollars every year for whatever company he wants to start.

There really isn't any limit. It's so wide open. The NCAA is trying to put a lid on air. The one thing it should do is limit company's from contributing based on a percentage of their revenue. This would prevent shell companies from funneling money.

Whichever way this goes, those providing NILs should just be more creative in their wording and not say the whole team even if they all wind up getting it. Just make sure the players have to actually do something to get the money. You can leave that open to the entire team to participate. They could have a promotion for their customers to meet the Miami Hurricanes football players. Each player participating will get #5,000 dollars over 10 months. PROBLEM SOLVED.

One great thing about the NIL money is that it levels the playing field on bag money because every school can help facilitate NIL money to it's players. There's no need for back-door deals. It all can be legit.
I think the question is, does the NCAA say that this is pay for play - even though there were no rules - and give BYU and Miami severe sanctions. Surely not, I would say. But it is a corrupt institution.

What would be to investigate and why make it public? Especially if Miami hasn’t even been contacted? Seems like another smear campaign to throw dirt on Miami name. Definitely needs looked into by a legal professional

Advertisement
What the NCAA is deciding is whether having whole team deals is pay for play. BYU has a team deal with a protein supplement company.

I think the NCAA wants to draw a line against it. Otherwise, guys like the billionaire booster Ruiz could just pay every player a million dollars every year for whatever company he wants to start.

There really isn't any limit. It's so wide open. The NCAA is trying to put a lid on air. The one thing it should do is limit company's from contributing based on a percentage of their revenue. This would prevent shell companies from funneling money.

Whichever way this goes, those providing NILs should just be more creative in their wording and not say the whole team even if they all wind up getting it. Just make sure the players have to actually do something to get the money. You can leave that open to the entire team to participate. They could have a promotion for their customers to meet the Miami Hurricanes football players. Each player participating will get #5,000 dollars over 10 months. PROBLEM SOLVED.

One great thing about the NIL money is that it levels the playing field on bag money because every school can help facilitate NIL money to it's players. There's no need for back-door deals. It all can be legit.
I'm wondering how a deal with one or some players isn't "pay for play", but a deal with all of them is. Is the idea that if only some players get paid then there wasn't any inducement to sign because the players didn't know if they'd be paid or not? As if the people paying won't just tell the top recruits what they're willing to pay once the kid signs. I would have thought paying everybody would have been fairer. I guess this wouldn't be the NCAA if they didn't pick some arbitrary nonsense to get their panties in a bunch over.

It’s a distraction for the NCAA because they can’t even figure out that boys shouldn’t be swimming against girls because they will dominate. Who knew?

Advertisement

It is fundamentally absurd to retroactively try to punish any school or draw boundaries when the NCAA and its crack team of attorneys literally sat on their thumbs and provided zero guidance. Supreme Court rules on it, every state has its own laws, and the NCAA does nothing to help offer guidance. I am excited for our new leadership telling them to find a way to shove this up their ***.

What the SEC idiot in the op doesn't realize is that Darren Heitner literally wrote the NIL framework, and Lambert hired Heitner to craft his program. Players have to reach thresholds on social media in terms of the number of followers and must actively send posts promoting American Top Team. It's not pay for play.

They're doing whatever they think they can to make us look bad or make it look like they'll never get off our backs, but it won't matter. With our brand & major market/appeal, some of the biggest NIL deals will be right here if Mario is as successful as I think he'll be. Once the legal kinks are worked out, there's no stopping what this can bring. **** the NCAA, they won't last, the game is changing & they're hanging on for dear life.

Advertisement
Said this in another thread.

This investigation comes down just a couple days after Manny started acting like a scorned lover on Twitter.
Blake James was already acting like a spiteful ***** over his firing.
Strawley was trying to go work for the NCAA.
The media made us look like villains for mistreating poor poor innocent manny.
We have bot members who are ****ed because they fell short in the coach hiring **** measuring contest.
And let's not forget, one of our players signed the first NIL contract in history.

Either all this is pure coincidence or somebody in the pro Manny camp, who didn't get their way, is trying to start some ****.

What the SEC idiot in the op doesn't realize is that Darren Heitner literally wrote the NIL framework, and Lambert hired Heitner to craft his program. Players have to reach thresholds on social media in terms of the number of followers and must actively send posts promoting American Top Team. It's not pay for play.
Facts don’t stop propaganda. Death to ESPN and hacks.

Advertisement
So it looks like state laws are the guide. Florida law says, in part "...such compensation may not be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at a particular institution...". The claim is that by paying all players you're in effect paying them to play for that team since you aren't really paying them based on what their NIL is worth. The third-string guy getting what the starting QB gets isn't ok because the market says the QB's NIL should be worth more. That's the only part of the law I found that seems to apply, and it's utter horse sh*t. I can't for the life of me see how letting some kids get rich while preventing others from making anything is "...preserve[-ing] the integrity, quality, character, and amateur nature of intercollegiate athletics..." in any way.

Also, my concern here is that it's not the NCAA we have to worry about but the Florida AG. I'm not clear on what the NCAA can or would do, but it seems clear that Florida law take precedence in these cases. This makes me wonder what the state penalties might be. You'd like to assume a state isn't going to do much to harm one of its schools, but you never know.

So if Marcus Lemonis paid every player $50,000 to put a camping world logo on their twitter it would be all good?

If that is the fair market comparable going rate for putting a logo on one's Twitter, then yes.

Advertisement
Back