Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
69% passer.

Cam Ward is a 67% passer.

At minimum, you could say they are the same guy. To have Shedeur in that conversation and not Ward is intellectual dishonesty.

QBR in 2023, Ward was a 65.2, Shedeur a 63.1.

Head-to-Head in 2023 in a 56-14 blowout over Colorado where Sanders left because of injury after the game was 35-7.
Cam Ward - 288 yards, 60% passer, 2/0, 2 rushing TDs
Shedeur Sanders - 86 yards, 60% passer, 1/0

As transfer prospects, Ward a 94, Sanders 92 if you care about that **** at all.

Like I said, at best you can make the argument for a collegiate null.

Couldn't care less about NFL prospects...of which, they are likely similarly rated there as well.

Now Cam Ward goes to a program with the best OL in his conference, two of the leading three returning receivers in his conference, a backfield that runs over 5 yards per carry.

Sanders will be better this year, too, as Colorado will be better...but Cam Ward "absolutely not lol" better than Shedeur...based on in literally nothing.
Sanders eats sacks instead of throwing it away and hurting his completion percentage.

Advertisement
Can all of you mope type classification debaters go get a room or maybe a thread or your ownn

We are all fuccin in here
1706280024537.gif

Advertisement
Yeah I thought it was INCREDIBLY selfish of Deion to essentially guilt-trip Shedeur into coming back when he had a Top 10 (arguably top 5) draft grade.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit if Prime suffers in recruiting due to this because any parent with eyeballs clearly see that it WAS NOT in Shedeur’s best interest, career wise, to bypass the draft and come back to school another year. Especially when you’re getting sacked 50 times a season.

Idk about you guys but for me, my dad would’ve just had to be ****ed - because as a young man I need to do what I can see MYSELF up for my future, not rely on my dads estate/wealth. Prime better hope that nothing serious injury wise happens to this kid because if it does - if you thought the backlash from the HBCU community was bad (which btw I thought was completely unjustified), this will take the cake by a long mile.

Where was Shedeur projected to go, like what round, is there a reliable source, even one of the draft guys on ESPN or somebody? I’m just asking because I have no idea.

TBH, all year I was thinking this was his last go round. I was surprised he returned.

Where was Shedeur projected to go, like what round, is there a reliable source, even one of the draft guys on ESPN or somebody? I’m just asking because I have no idea.

TBH, all year I was thinking this was his last go round. I was surprised he returned.
Most projections had him as one of the top 4 QBs with Maye , Daniels, and Williams. Easily would have went top half of first round.

Advertisement
Most projections had him as one of the top 4 QBs with Maye , Daniels, and Williams. Easily would have went top half of first round.

Man, I find it hard to believe that his father would let him play another year.

When is the last time a quarterback with that high of a projection, I mean you’re saying top half of first round, stayed an extra year?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before, I’m not questioning you to be a dīck, but are you 100% sure that he was going to be taken that high? Or I should say, at least was legit projected that high?

I’d like to just see somebody, some site, or one of those dead *** ESPN guys with the quote, or a link. I’m just finding it hard to believe that his father would even allow him to play another year again, not doing this, but your chops, but I’d like to see a legit, quotation or link even if it’s that slick back car salesman that ESPN uses as a draft analyst

When is the last time a quarterback with that high of a projection, I mean you’re saying top half of first round, stayed an extra year?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before, I’m not questioning you to be a duck, but are you 100% sure that he was going to be taken that high? Or I should say, at least was legit projected that high?

I’d like to just see somebody, some site, or one of those dead *** ESPN guys with the quote, or a link. I’m just finding it hard to believe that his father would even allow him to play another year again, not doing this, but your chops, but I’d like to see a legit, quotation or link even if it’s that slick back car salesman that ESPN uses as a draft analyst
Matt Leinart immediately comes to mind. He dropped 8-10 spots by returning his senior year.

Matt Leinart immediately comes to mind. He dropped 8-10 spots by returning his senior year.

I haven’t been keeping up with draft projections, but I honestly didn’t think it was that high. I thought he may be somebody that would sneak into the first round, but apparently others think higher. Either way, it sure does seem kind of nutty for him to come back. Maybe he kills it next year, whatever the team does or doesn’t do, and he solidifies his draft stock. Or he could get injured. I don’t know man, if I was his dad I’d tell him jump in that draft you got a shot at being a first rounder.

I’ll take your word for Matt Leinart, but I’ll be honest I was never high on that guy.

I haven’t been keeping up with draft projections, but I honestly didn’t think it was that high. I thought he may be somebody that would sneak into the first round, but apparently others think higher. Either way, it sure does seem kind of nutty for him to come back. Maybe he kills it next year, whatever the team does or doesn’t do, and he solidifies his draft stock. Or he could get injured. I don’t know man, if I was his dad I’d tell him jump in that draft you got a shot at being a first rounder.
The only reason he returned is for his dads ego. Shedeur is the only chance they have at winning more than 5 games. As always, Deion wants to be the focus of attention. I think he enters 2024 as the presumptive favorite to be #1 overall which he had no chance at this year. That is not always a good thing though.

Advertisement

I don’t get the shedeur hype he’s not a top QB to me for the draft this or next year I guess we will see

The only reason he returned is for his dad’s ego. Shedeur is the only chance they have at winning more than 5 games. As always, Deion wants to be the focus of attention. I think he enters 2024 as the presumptive favorite to be #1 overall which he had no chance at this year. That is not always a good thing though.

One thing for sure there is still going to be a lot of interest and pub for Colorado next year. The question becomes: What does Deion do after next year? I mean, I’m guessing he bolts, but who the **** knows

One thing for sure there is still going to be a lot of interest and pub for Colorado next year. The question becomes: What does Deion do after next year? I mean, I’m guessing he bolts, but who the **** knows
I'd be shocked if Boulder, Co was an aspiration for anyone. If he wins this year he will jump at the first opportunity. My only hope is he stays out of Florida. He certainly has a large following and he is pursuing a quick fix over looking to build anything sustainable. This will also be his last year with Travis Hunter.

Advertisement
I don’t see it with Shadeur. But I don’t get paid to evaluate. His numbers are a bit inflated because they had to pass all the time and he stayed in games longer then most teams would have typically kept guys in. **** it was 42-0 Oregon and he went in for one more drive against backups and got a TD.

But the nfl is a very qb friendly league and a lot of average nfl qb’s are putting up good numbers because of it and hanging around the league for years.

I’m almost positive I read an ESPN+ mock draft around the conclusion of the CFB regular season that had him a sure fire 1st rounder, in some projections going as the 2nd QB neck and neck with Mayes. This was before the LSU QB won the heisman etc though - but all season long it was the top 3 of Caleb, Drake and Shedeur going 1st round

If I can find the article I’ll post it - but obviously it’s a moot point now that he’s coming back

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before, I’m not questioning you to be a dīck, but are you 100% sure that he was going to be taken that high? Or I should say, at least was legit projected that high?

Matt Barkley. He was almost universally seen as the 3rd best QB after Luck and RGIII, and a first round lock. He chose to return to USC, had a bad year, got hurt, and ended up a 4th rounder.

Advertisement
Back