Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
if we can't win this year then we just won't

best roster we've had in maybe two decades, air raid OC, GREAT DC, best QB we've had in two decades and we avoid Clemson and UNC and get FSU (trending down) and UF (way down)

NEEDS to be a 10 win season, we'll be the most talented team on the field all 12 games
No lies in this post.

Year 3. All of the so called "Toxic players" long gone and replaced. Potentially 3 starting qb's?

Without a rash of injuries its going to be really tough to sell another mediocre campaign.

Advertisement
I’m curious why some posters think Ward handled his decision process so poorly? He chose to leave WSU, visited Miami and Florida State, considered the NFL, and then decided the league was his best move going forward. After getting feedback from the league as to what round he would likely be drafted, he decided to give college another year to try and improve his draft stock. He chose Miami. Everyone is excited for 2024.

I’ll grant Ward taking his time was frustrating to myself, to everybody on this board, and more important to everybody at the Hecht Center. I don’t believe Ward owed anyone a fast decision. He didn’t leave anyone hanging. Miami moved on, but kept in touch. Everything worked out in the end.

Ward made a smart decision by not hiring hiring an agent that would compromise his ability to change his mind and return to college. He also made a smart move if his flirting with the NFL was a negotiating ploy in his NIL discussions. More power to him. How many players have we had in the last 10 or more years declare for the draft, thinking they would be selected higher than they were, if they were drafted at all?

It appears to me Ward has a good head on his shoulders and thought this process out carefully.

Did Ward comment negatively on Miami on social media? I don’t follow any of that so maybe I missed something?

With all due respect, this is a very surface analysis of the situation, that focuses on the factors Ward was considering. I'm not knocking it, or your thoughts on the subject, just pointing out that there is a lot more to this.

The things that were actually conveyed back and forth between the parties was very different, and forms the basis for the frustration. You can say that Ward didn't "owe" anyone a fast decision, but he certainly promised that he could make a fast decision, multiple times.

NIL deals and paperwork were agreed to MULTIPLE times. Promised decision timeframes were agreed to MULTIPLE times.

There were reasons why many people spoke of an "imminent decision" more than once. That wasn't just based on "hope". That was based on what Ward was telling people. And you sure as **** don't let Ward talk to Jeremiah Smith to recruit him unless you feel incredibly confident that a decision is coming soon, based on what the recruit himself told us.

McCarthy is AJ mccaron level man lol ward is way better than him

Ewers got talent but i don’t see it with him either

Ward is very underrated im seeing, unless we completely mess **** up ourselves he will raise like a mf on draft boards lol
So you prefer turnovers and losses. Glad you aren’t our head coach. Other than Ward, who do you see as the top QBs in NCAA next year?

Advertisement
Finally proof cam is on campus hahah
IMG_4492.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
That figures, it had to be a relative. You don’t take those liberties with a random *** stranger or just someone you barely know.

I’m still laughing. Michael Gordons. 😂 @Rellyrell needs in on this.

No, the guy in the video said Michael Gordan was Jordan's cousin. Not sure how real his videos are but he does this to a lot of people.

Advertisement
Thanks a lot there guy, now the people I’m next to think I’m crazy cause I’m dying over here with tears in my eyes.

Michael Gordons, lord have mercy 😂

Maaaaaaaan, get off my guy’s back. Clearly this is a situation where my man couldn’t decide who was the GOAT, Jerry West or Michael Jordan, so he found a shoe designer off books that said:

Advertisement
Back