Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
Advertisement
@joshvalencia1996 right now

Chill Chilling GIF

**** u hate him? What happens if he won a natty u wouldn’t change your opinion? wtf ???? That’s a strong stance there bruh
I'm not going to entertain an improbable hypothetical scenario like him winning us a natty.

- Hes a very bad game day coach.
- He takes too long to make decisions.
- He wants to be a run-first team and his schematic mandates on his OCs hurt his team.
- There is no change in discipline and dumb penalties after 2 seasons.

What he should be:
- A recruiter (he's the best in the business)
- Associate Head Coach
- O-Line/Tight Ends Coach
- Personnel Director

Mario is the kind of coach that needs supervision. He needs left and right lateral limits to be kept on track. Like bumpers at a bowling alley. Without someone keeping him in check, he's not going to be successful. As we've seen. 12-13.

I want him to be successful, but I don't see it happening here.

You are right. Hate is a strong word. But I'm done being patient. 21 straight years of irrelevance. I expect a coach who makes 8 mil per year to adapt and be better.

“A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.” --Pat Riley
So true, I hope most (hopefully all) of our boys have that in them. Cam, especially,

Get a new DB coach, WR 1 and another S and I’ll feel more confident. But for now we are cooking!

Advertisement
I'm not going to entertain an improbable hypothetical scenario like him winning us a natty.

- Hes a very bad game day coach.
- He takes too long to make decisions.
- He wants to be a run-first team and his schematic mandates on his OCs hurt his team.
- There is no change in discipline and dumb penalties after 2 seasons.

What he should be:
- A recruiter (he's the best in the business)
- Associate Head Coach
- O-Line/Tight Ends Coach
- Personnel Director

Mario is the kind of coach that needs supervision. He needs left and right lateral limits to be kept on track. Like bumpers at a bowling alley. Without someone keeping him in check, he's not going to be successful. As we've seen. 12-13.

I want him to be successful, but I don't see it happening here.

You are right. Hate is a strong word. But I'm done being patient. 21 straight years of irrelevance. I expect a coach who makes 8 mil per year to adapt and be better.

Office Rage GIF by Sticos Oppslag

And what makes you think jaccurri is willing to sit yet another year just with the hopes well allow him to compete?
Well let's look at QB going into this season, you now have QB1 in Ward, you have Brown, Emory, Poff, and the frosh qb here. Let's say Miami RS Emory and frosh. That leaves two QBs to battle for #2. Brown already has a leg up on Poff with the system and he's shown improvement from last year to the bowl game. I'm not saying he's guaranteed #2 this year but realistically he's at minimum competing for QB2 this season. Next season it's Brown, Poff, Emory and the frosh for #1 (currently). There's a chance he can legit see himself at #1 next year

I know some people love pulling receipts. So I’ll save time. I think Howard was the better scheme fit given what Mario likes to do and Houstons 2022 Offense but Ward has the clear cut much higher ceiling and is the better player but has the lower floor.

1705213942604.png

Advertisement
I guess I’m renewing my season tickets.
I did on 12/015 to get the 9 month installment. Thought the commitment was coming within hours back then. Feel so much better now.
To put in perspective, I buy 4 at $800 each and travel from Lexington SC. Sell what I don’t come to for pennies on the dollar.
Was contemplating not doing it this year, was waiting on the Cam news. Didn’t come. Renewed on a prayer…. Because I trust Mario

2024 Ward
2025 Battle between Williams, Brown and Poff
2026 Nickel

I think a strong argument can be made for all three of the backups for 2025. So if I were them I wouldn’t leave until that’s been decided. We want to RS Nickel.

Funny how rivals and haters spinning it now.
Went from “y’all really thought an elite/future NFL QB was gonna play for Mario?” to “Ward ain’t even all that, 7-5 soon”…

What these dip****s don’t realize is 1) he was top FIVE in YPG while having an OL that graded out bottom TEN in P5…. Talent level? Wazzu ranked 12 out of 12 in total talent in Pac this year.. Below are the rosters comparable to what Ward had surrounding him.

2E151576-FCB8-4B34-B727-B03072BE4B8C.jpeg

Advertisement
Funny how rivals and haters spinning it now.
Went from “y’all really thought an elite/future NFL QB was gonna play for Mario?” to “Ward ain’t even all that, 7-5 soon”…

What these dip****s don’t realize is 1) he was top FIVE in YPG while having an OL that graded out bottom TEN in P5…. Talent level? Wazzu ranked 12 out of 12 in total talent in Pac this year.. Below are the rosters comparable to what Ward had surrounding him.

View attachment 278692
Canes roster was comparable to Michigan & Tennessee while Wazzu was battling the ******* Minutemen of UMASS for 76th.. The more I dig into it, the more Im impressed. His past season was the bizzaro TVD.

Advertisement
I was about to hit my wife, but Mario saved her.

Jk
I'd like to see you try that with my wife. You'd need Jesus. You might even meet him in person!

Just kidding. Jesus doesn't want to see you.

Advertisement
Back