Miami just offered Eric Swinney..

Advertisement
I'm not saying they're bad offers, but with Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite, and potentially Walton all in this class I'm surprised at the # of OOS RB offers.

It's probably b/c when we offer highly ranked So Fla RBs, they end up going elsewhere and leaving the coaches scrambling.....Sony, Cook, Yearby.....only 1 came, and that was b/c of Coley or else we might have struck out on all 3. I think we need 3 RBs this year (especially if Duke is considering going pro) so if you have all your eggs in Scarlett, Patrick (who's in Gator Country) and Cronkite, you might be risking a potentially serious depth issue.

Advertisement
I think you have to establish an offensive identity. We haven't had that in a long time. Once you have your offensive identity players we are talking about will know: THIS is what the U runs and my running style vibes/fits with it. I think we do that this year and I think the RBs who we had been losing will be ours to lose.

Advertisement
So even though they're the foundation of this program, and will usually compose about 60% of our roster, a bunch of Miami fans who don't even live in this state come on here to talk shlt about our local recruits.

I guess not wanting to play for a couple of Jersey gasbags selling a shlt product makes you a diva.

Staff is covering their asses

I'm assuming their getting tired of being burned with few options at the end

Tired of this ****ing gulden guy missing on elite backs.

Yearby is not elite? We also got Duke and outrecruited FSU for Gus. But you keep revising history to your liking in order to fit everything neatly on your plated agenda. Makes you look real smart.

What was your excuse when they didnt want to play for Miami's own, Randy Shannon?

So even though they're the foundation of this program, and will usually compose about 60% of our roster, a bunch of Miami fans who don't even live in this state come on here to talk shlt about our local recruits.

I guess not wanting to play for a couple of Jersey gasbags selling a shlt product makes you a diva.

Advertisement

Lol, what does where you live as an adult have to do with your fandom. Looks like the diva attitude has seeped into the south Florida fanbase as well.

Yearby is not elite? We also got Duke and outrecruited FSU for Gus. But you keep revising history to your liking in order to fit everything neatly on your plated agenda. Makes you look real smart.

Shut your ***** *** up Travis pickle..... Lol at crediting Diabeetus gut for reeling in duke. Kid was coming to UM as long as the football progrum was running. Who the **** said a thing about Yearby and lol at Gus. Stop with the ******* bull****, gulden ******* sucks. Get over it.

Alex Collins
Sony Michel
Tarean Folston
Dalvon Cook
Brandon Powell

That's in a 2 year ******* span, which doesn't include other Florida and out of state kids diabetes gut gulden tried to recruit. I'll add those on as well since you want to say ****.

Advertisement

Shut your ***** *** up Travis pickle..... Lol at crediting Diabeetus gut for reeling in duke. Kid was coming to UM as long as the football progrum was running. Who the **** said a thing about Yearby and lol at Gus. Stop with the ******* bull****, gulden ******* sucks. Get over it.

Alex Collins
Sony Michel
Tarean Folston
Dalvon Cook
Brandon Powell

That's in a 2 year ******* span, which doesn't include other Florida and out of state kids diabetes gut gulden tried to recruit. I'll add those on as well since you want to say ****.
Negged for being stupid and narrow minded and entitled!

did Coley the same thing while at fsu?

Has nothing to do with coley. This happens every year. Staff will offer every stud they can find and gauge interest

As well they should. If a kid is good enough to play here, grades check out, and you get good reviews from his coaching staff on character, you should offer. Whats the worst case, they dont come? Staff is making 6 figs to make these phone calls. Its due diligience. See whose interested, who isn't, potentially open lines of communication, plus you never know who transfers, or decommits, or what. When you have consistently been as mediocre as we have, you need to offer every baller in the world and stop sitting on these things like theyre the golden goose. Being listed in kids top 5's even at the bottom of it, can be leverage towards signing the kids you really want and have a good chance at. Get these kids visiting. Get Miami in peoples mouths, on peoples scouting sites, in other coaches minds.

As a whole, I like how this staff recruits. Definitely an understanding of need and spacing out classes. Can't close on them all till we start winning, I feel like give or take a guy or two for the most part the staff has done as well as we can reasonably expect. I know theres this or that to ***** about as far as who we didn't offer or what. I tend to not sweat the guys we didn't land. What more could we have done to get Cook or Valentine? Can't coach the ones that don't want to come.

Offer the ballers. Not just the So Fla ballers. ALL of them.

I'm not saying they're bad offers, but with Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite, and potentially Walton all in this class I'm surprised at the # of OOS RB offers.

I think scarlet and Patrick are most likely going elsewhere. Conkrite is nice but there is question as to whether he is a true rb and we need 2 solid ones in this class.

Advertisement
Back