Miami just offered Eric Swinney..

Advertisement
I'm not saying they're bad offers, but with Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite, and potentially Walton all in this class I'm surprised at the # of OOS RB offers.

Can't count Walton yet and I think at best your looking at 1 of the other 3 in the class. Really need 2 quality backs in this class.

Options are always a good thing. You never know who could get hurt or what school they will pick

Advertisement
Cant count on Walton being there even if he comes in 15. Offer as many as we can. Get in good with as many as we can. Offering good RB's in GA will help, at least our name is being floated around there. Planting a seed out there.

Staff is covering their asses

I'm assuming their getting tired of being burned with few options at the end

I'm not saying they're bad offers, but with Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkrite, and potentially Walton all in this class I'm surprised at the # of OOS RB offers.

I agree, my only issue with offering anyone is that the staff should offer someone that they have developed a game plan to get, lately it just seems we have been throwing out offers to anyone, offering south florida, jersey, and Louisiana is a must, but other than that I see no reason to just offer someone cause their highly ranked.

Advertisement

After watching the locals this year, I think it is good idea to load up on talent from wherever it is. No telling WHO will be in control of these local kids by signing day. Me, I am in favor of yanking the offer to any kids associated with the slave trader. He is going to sell them to someone else anyway.

I agree, my only issue with offering anyone is that the staff should offer someone that they have developed a game plan to get, lately it just seems we have been throwing out offers to anyone, offering south florida, jersey, and Louisiana is a must, but other than that I see no reason to just offer someone cause their highly ranked.

Kid is from GA. Golden has been mining GA since day one. There is nothing wrong with GA talent. Everyone chases it. Louisiana is high rent district, UGA is not a lose with $$$ as LSU.

Advertisement

The staff pulled Herndon and Young from GA. GA is a TALENT loaded state. This kid looks very good. Why not offer him? I'm not sure what kind of game plan you'd have to develop. It's recruiting and this staff knows what they're doing.

I'd take this kid in a heart beat.

Whats Scarlett real interest in Miami? and do you think he stays a FAU commit for more then a year?

Since he's at STA now that MIGHT help. Probably the best thing that could've happened for alpooty, even if it's a minor advantage.

You can't honestly expect for us to get all 3, possibly 4. We'll maybe get 2, Cronkrite and Scarlett perhaps, but these kids love to play games.

Advertisement

Every other big name school is doing it. We have to put out the offers and then bring them into camps... We need talent and if we jump on guys early especially guys who can really blossom their senior year (kaaya) I believe that will lead to more loyalty in the end. Gibbons being the exception... I think we still can get Cronkite and insert second back.. Walton is no lock.. he already said he wants to re open his recruitment. That does not usually end well with us.

I'm not. Last year there was Powell, Yearby, Sony and Cook. We had to hold on to Yearby at the end. It is clear that if Miami wants to be elite again they either going to have to make changes to keep all the local talent home or "cast a wider net".

with how flakey the kids are down here.. you need to cast a wider net.

Advertisement
Back