2022 Miami is now #5 in the nation in avg. player ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Ya, then we can get Notre Damed in the playoffs. If we want to actually win NCs, with a corch at HC, we need to be consistently at the top of the recruiting rankings.
Stop the Corch sh@t. What specifically don't you like about Mario? I'd like to know, because Lane was my first choice as 1a. and Mario was a close second.

For me, the reason is Mario seems to lose games right when things are rolling, I.e. Utah.

Soooo… Mods????? We just allow endless bickering between “adult” posters???? Can we get these threads under control??
CB637511-9D7C-4632-81AE-AE3173DE4607.gif

Soooo… Mods????? We just allow endless bickering between “adult” posters???? Can we get these threads under control??
This thread shouldn't have even been created in the first place. It is an absolutely ridiculous thread, that looks like something out of the Gaytors tears thread. Not to mention OP is the one doing most of the bickering.

Advertisement
Stop the Corch sh@t. What specifically don't you like about Mario? I'd like to know, because Lane was my first choice as 1a. and Mario was a close second.

For me, the reason is Mario seems to lose games right when things are rolling, I.e. Utah.
Yes, that is what I referring to when I say he is a corch. He loses games that he needs to win, even though he has a massive talent advantage over the other team.

So in order to compensate for that he needs to recruit at a very elite level so he can out talent every team he plays. He has never done that in the past, so I don't see how he is going to do that now.

He also needs to hire an elite staff and so far we have a questionable SC coach who had tons of injuries at Oregon. A very elite OL coach. A WR coach who has been complained about by the SC and Oregon fans for not developing players. And a DL coach who is good, but not great

Advertisement
Yes, that is what I referring to when I say he is a corch. He loses games that he needs to win, even though he has a massive talent advantage over the other team.

So in order to compensate for that he needs to recruit at a very elite level so he can out talent every team he plays. He has never done that in the past, so I don't see how he is going to do that now.

He also needs to hire an elite staff and so far we have a questionable SC coach who had tons of injuries at Oregon. A very elite OL coach. A WR coach who has been complained about by the SC and Oregon fans for not developing players. And a DL coach who is good, but not great
moffitt has had a tn of injuries at LSU too. not sure its all on the SnC coach and Oregon with their Nike backing is pretty much class for that area. their track and field commitment also proves that.

OMG! You make a lot of sense.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement

You do realize you're setting the bar way to high. Youll never get perfect.

Reactions: jsy
You do realize you're setting the bar way to high. Youll never get perfect.
That is not what I am saying. I am not saying "we need a coach who is good game day and can recruit the #1 class year after year". I am saying if we want Mario to win an NC he is going to need to recruit like that.

moffitt has had a tn of injuries at LSU too. not sure its all on the SnC coach and Oregon with their Nike backing is pretty much class for that area. their track and field commitment also proves that.

Its not all on the SnC coach, but its a part of it.

Thats another good point. If Cristobal couldn't recruit elite with the nike backing, what makes you think he will do it with the backing here

Advertisement
Its not all on the SnC coach, but its a part of it.

Thats another good point. If Cristobal couldn't recruit elite with the nike backing, what makes you think he will do it with the backing here
Nike backing can't solely overcome being out in BFE at a school with no significant history of winning championships that also happens to be a wasteland for talent comparative to what he'll have access to locally in South Florida for recruiting

Nike backing can't solely overcome being out in BFE at a school with no significant history of winning championships that also happens to be a wasteland for talent comparative to what he'll have access to locally in South Florida for recruiting
Oregon has a much better history of winning, than we do, during the time these recruits have been alive. He also had no competition for recruits with the entire pac-12 being trash during his tenure.

I have no idea who was available. For all I know Mario was the best of the available coaches willing to come here, but that doesn't mean he is a good coach.
I love your skirmishes bro... great stuff. With that said I have a hypothesis regarding your coach picks that couples with your favorite cuisine... you hate black beans and rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back