Miami is getting loaded at the dline spot

Cristobal was at a mediocre downtrodden program & has never done anything to write home about as a head coach. Even though he's a Cane, it would be similar to hiring Golden from Temple. They are both good recruiters. Doesn't mean squat.

Good. Butch can decide what to do with it.

Personally I would rather have Cristobal.... #1 recruiting in the nation, young head coach and the kids love him. He also would keep coley on the staff, they are tight...

Advertisement
Butch needs to be at the top of the list. He can be had relatively cheap and dude has any eye for coordinators and position coaches as well.

They'll engage a lot of blockers in the frog stance.

Advertisement

Personally I would rather have Cristobal.... #1 recruiting in the nation, young head coach and the kids love him. He also would keep coley on the staff, they are tight...

LOL at hiring Cristobal over Butch.

There's a good chance Mario is no better than Golden and we'd remain stuck in mediocrity with him at the helm.

If there's anything you should have learned through the experience with Folden, it's that you can't thrive on recruiting alone.

Not that Folden is a great recruiter by any stretch of the imagination, but we've out-recruited the shlt out of the Coastal and have absolutely nothing to show for it due to poor coaching and poor player utilization.

Bring me someone who can develop players and utilize their talents most effectively before you bring me a glorified recruiter.

Last edited:
I would lean Cristobal over Butch.

Cristobal was 7-6 in 2010 and 8-5 in 2011 at FIU so it's not like he did "nothing". That's impressive. That's 2 more wins than Miami had during that time. Of course the same case was made for what Al Golden did at Temple, so I completely see he argument against that meaning anything.

But Cristobal is young and hungry, has shown he can kill it in So Fla recruiting, has head coaching experience, and has spent years on Saban's staff.

Butch was never a great coach, he was just a great at recruiting and evaluating talent. If you can do that in So Fla, you don't have to be a great coach.

Butch is about to turn 65, that's just too old. Beamer is 66 and he's starting to look like Bobby Bowden. This next recruiting class was 2 years old when Butch was last at Miami, so they don't care. And they're not going to want to play for a guy who will be 70 when they're seniors.

Going with Cristobal as head coach and trying to get Butch on staff as Defensive Coordinator - that's a better combo IMO. I'd like to see Butch back, but as DC.

anyone who says they'd take Cristobal over Butch is frighteningly stupid.

I mean, you've got to be trolling. jesus you guys are ******* retards

Advertisement

Cristobal would start winning, and be gone so fast, the suck would create a vacuum across the entire 305.

Do you guys not think your way through things?

You think Cristobal would win, it would be a first for him.

Anyone who thinks Cristobal would be a good HC is a potato. The guy is a nobody and has no business coaching at Miami. IF he never went here, you would never bring him up either.

He started 1-11 and ended 3-9 6 years later.

why can't you guys argue without calling each other names

why can't we all just be friends

Advertisement
however you think Cristobal will do as a HC aside, you're crazy if you don't think he will be very high on a very short, disappointing list of candidates after Golden is gone.

I wouldn't say Coley is a horrible play caller. 11th in the nation in yards per play in back to back years.

Obviously we have been poor in the red zone and 3rd down. I also am not a fan of some of our route trees in the pass game. I do believe Coley is handcuffed by Golden though.

Are you kidding me with this garbage? Relative to the amount of talent we've had here the last 2 years, coupled with the relatively weak *** schedule we play as the beneficiaries of being a ****** conference.....

You're going to say he's anything but horrible? I'd argue he's one of worst play callers we've ever had at this school. I've been saying it for a while that he's every bit as bad as being an OC as Onfrio is at being a DC.

There's a reason FSU wasn't willing to give him what he wanted...playcalling duties.

Advertisement
Bring in Butch..Get Cristobal in as Asst. head coach and name him HC in waiting. Just like FSU did with Jimbo. Pay Butch 2 mill a year and Mario 1 mill. Butch is HC for 4-5 years, builds the program back up then hands the keys over to Cristobal.

Considering our DL are asked to do nothing but take up space, here's how I would line them up.

DE Kamalu - Moten - McIntosh - Patchan
NT Wyche - Jenkins - Moore - Fines
DE Heurtelou - Hamilton - Norton - Willis

OLB Thomas - AQM - Harris - Jackson
ILB Kirby - Young - Smith - King
ILB Grace - Gayot - Perry
OLB McCord - Owens - McCray - Gordinier

Yep.... we haven't learnt our lesson from the past 10 years?????

Get a proven winner for crying out loud..... no more "great recruiter" and "got potential" hires!!! Don't give a **** where he went to school..... just proven winners!

This program cannot take anymore chances.

I would lean Cristobal over Butch.

Cristobal was 7-6 in 2010 and 8-5 in 2011 at FIU so it's not like he did "nothing". That's impressive. That's 2 more wins than Miami had during that time. Of course the same case was made for what Al Golden did at Temple, so I completely see he argument against that meaning anything.

But Cristobal is young and hungry, has shown he can kill it in So Fla recruiting, has head coaching experience, and has spent years on Saban's staff.

Butch was never a great coach, he was just a great at recruiting and evaluating talent. If you can do that in So Fla, you don't have to be a great coach.

Butch is about to turn 65, that's just too old. Beamer is 66 and he's starting to look like Bobby Bowden. This next recruiting class was 2 years old when Butch was last at Miami, so they don't care. And they're not going to want to play for a guy who will be 70 when they're seniors.

Going with Cristobal as head coach and trying to get Butch on staff as Defensive Coordinator - that's a better combo IMO. I'd like to see Butch back, but as DC.

Advertisement
Back