Miami is getting a lot of love

September Superlatives: Best games, teams, coaches and moments so far - FootballScoop

Best new hire, head coach division: Mark Richt, Miami. I suspected the change of venue and change of duties — Richt is now calling plays at Miami — would rejuvenate Richt, and his club’s September performance confirmed those suspicions. The ‘Canes are an astounding No. 2 nationally in yards per play and No. 1 in yards per play allowed.

Also, gave us the "runner-up" for best team after OSU.

Advertisement
We, as fans know that the transitive property in college football should be thrown out when predicting games.

However in terms of media it is everything. We are getting love becuase we blasted app state after they manhandled beloved Tennessee on national TV the first week.

If we beat gt in the same fashion or more lopsided than Clemson just did we will see even more chatter heading into fsu (and likely will be ranked right outside of top 10)

Regardless of what people think app st is a decent team and they handled Tennessee who smack Florida down, put up tons of yardage on their so called great D. We are going to smash GT too imo. I said 10 wins. We could win them all imo, even though unlikely. VT game looking ominous to me though

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

im not seeing the trap game as of yet. I get that we haven't played anybody, but we're doing to inferior opponents what you're supposed to do to inferior opponents. We obviously see over these next five weeks, but I'm loving the attitude and the style that these canes are playing with.

Ain't ready to bet the mortgage yet, but my enthusiasm is at an all time high. I think the way our schedule is set up gives us a better opponent each week to make judgement. FSU game at a point where we should by then have our **** together and cannot have any excuses. All the remaining games have the potential for a trap, so the staff has to make sure they don't get too full of themselves. We'll know a lot more after GT game where we at.

Advertisement
The GT game will tell us how well the staff prepares during a bye week.

Richt will not allow a "trap" game.

He has their heads focused on THIS game and no other. Next week, same thing. Same thing the next week.

One game at a time - allows no "trap" games.

Trap game will come later if we have a major margin. Richt knows Johnson well enough.

He has their heads focused on THIS game and no other. Next week, same thing. Same thing the next week.

Especially THIS week. No way it's a trap with a week off to prepare for this specific team. No freaking way.

Advertisement
Team knew before season started we had a gauntlet after the cupcakes.I think our trap game comes at the end of the season if we are trying to get to Orlando.

Our schedule is set up very well in terms of building the challenge of each game to a point where []_[] should have a well-established identity by the time we could be "trapped". @GT, FSU, NC, @VT, @ND. Can't see how []_[] could take any of these teams lightly on a given week.

Advertisement
We've always done better without respect from the press. I hope we don't continue to get this kind of praise from them.

I want to be hated.

Advertisement
MY enthusiasm tempered a bit when I saw Akron hang 35pts. and 500yrds of offense on Appy last Saturday. Kid threw for 350+.
GT will be a better measuring stick.

MY enthusiasm tempered a bit when I saw Akron hang 35pts. and 500yrds of offense on Appy last Saturday. Kid threw for 350+.
GT will be a better measuring stick.

Wisconsin vs Akron 54-10 ....Miami 45-10 @ app st....App put up nearly the same numbers offensively @ Akron as Wisconsin.....App controlled the game against Akron on the road....if you really want to use this as a measuring stick it looks like Miami is on par with a good Wisconsin team.....to me scores don't mean as much as a victory..... example..UT struggled vs App then turned it up against UF....each game is different.

Different teams different scenarios, Miami has the firepower to drop 40 points on Georgia Tech the question for me is, will the defense play up to its potential. I say yes, GT scores only 14 points.. 42-14

Regardless of what people think app st is a decent team and they handled Tennessee who smack Florida down, put up tons of yardage on their so called great D. We are going to smash GT too imo. I said 10 wins. We could win them all imo, even though unlikely. VT game looking ominous to me though

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Man quit trying to build up Appalachian st....Ohio was only down 2 points in the 4th qtr against Tennessee.

GT will be the measuring stick for us not the scrub teams we've played.

Advertisement
Back