Miami in bowl games recently.

If we win, it is meaningless.

If we don’t, it isn’t.

This is the one outcome I am 100% confident of with this peanut gallery.
I understand what you are saying but I have to disagree that is doesn’t matter. Richt’s win against WVU propelled us to a 10-0 start. Our bowl losses have propelled us to...mediocrity. Not saying it was the only relevant factor but it was a change of pace that helped us post the best record we’ve had in 12+ years. I hypothesize bowl wins help set a tone for the next year. I’d like to see a study on that actually.

Advertisement
Bull chit; if we win, it is definitely meaningful. We’re playing a P5 school. If we lose, the “peanut gallery” is going to go ballistic.

Mark my words, if we win, big if btw, we will have people saying it is meaningless. I guarantee it. Those same people will be the same ones going ballistic over a “meaningless” game if we lose. If we win it’s a shltty win, if we lose...well you know the rest.

Will manny carry the chees it trophy around recruiting next year after he wins?

Same thing every year come bowl game our best players always opt out and we get rolled well our 2 best d ends both opted out so who is going to get pressure on there QB

Mark my words, if we win, big if btw, we will have people saying it is meaningless. I guarantee it. Those same people will be the same ones going ballistic over a “meaningless” game if we lose. If we win it’s a shltty win, if we lose...well you know the rest.

Well F them if they trash a bowl win. Win by 1 or win by 100, this is a leaping stone bowl tier & it means something moving forward

Advertisement
If we win, it is meaningless.

If we don’t, it isn’t.

This is the one outcome I am 100% confident of with this peanut gallery.
Very quietly it's a huge game for Manny Diaz.

The Tarheels used our own flawed scheme against us and let our players run themselves out of plays. Can Diaz patch this hole, or are we going to see Oklahoma St do the exact same thing next week?

I don't buy that the players were mentally exhausted and quit against UNC, but looking at our Bowl record it's clear that this program has a problem with players checking out early. If Diaz wants to be #TNM we have to perform next week. Change that culture.

You can generally tell where a team is headed based on their bowl. It's as good a tell as any. The 2016 win over West Virginia was a great predictor to what would have happened in 2017. As were the losses to Wisconsin in 2017 and 2018. Last year was a huge tell on this year, that was mitigated by D'erriq, Roche, Williams. If we have to play N'Kosi we'd have been .500 at best.

It's a testament to the coaching Miami has had around here and the administrations lack of dedication to the program. I don't really expect anything in this bowl game except more of the same.

Oklahoma St could have a elementary kid starting at CB but you would never know playing Miami. They'd avoid that mismatch like he was an all American and run the ball up the middle into an 8 man front.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back