Miami Hurricanes vs Texas A&M Film Review | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Advertisement
I didn't pay much attention to it, but now watching the film review I'm pretty upset about the blocked field goal and that our guys weren't coached by the ST coach to keep their heads down and block to the inside. You learn that stuff in high school football already.

Gotta be better next game or we'll have another blocked field goal in the future when we play against serious athletes again

Advertisement
Coach Hayes Football live streamed a great film review of the game last night. If this has already been posted and I missed it please delete mods.

Highly recommend viewing for anyone trying to pick up some things they may have missed during the first viewing.

Good stuff. St’s were atrocious. I missed the guys standing up straight on that fg. I also misses LT and Jackson‘s crew ups.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good stuff. St’s were atrocious. I missed all people standing up straight on that fg. I also misses LT and Jackson‘s crew ups.
Yeah I didn't notice #6 at the goal line standing up either.

LT is so clearly a guy with all of the ability in the world. I trust that this staff is using those moments he's out of position trying to do too much as teaching moments and using more playing time as a carrot to get him to buy in

Yeah I didn't notice #6 at the goal line standing up either.

LT is so clearly a guy with all of the ability in the world. I trust that this staff is using those moments he's out of position trying to do too much as teaching moments and using more playing time as a carrot to get him to buy in
Steele is very choice with his words so it's easy to miss but in his presser where when reporters we're fishing for praise he basically said last year defense had LT freestyling and penetrating and some of those habits take time to die.. he is a young player and they are gonna coach him up, lots of room to grow..

Some plays you say no no no but then he gets tackle for loss and it's a a"splash play" then he gets out of gap and running back hits cut back for big gain..

Steele is very choice with his words so it's easy to miss but in his presser where when reporters we're fishing for praise he basically said last year defense had LT freestyling and penetrating and some of those habits take time to die.. he is a young player and they are gonna coach him up, lots of room to grow..

Some plays you say no no no but then he gets tackle for loss and it's a a"splash play" then he gets out of gap and running back hits cut back for big gain..
Yeah I may not have heard when the coaches said it last year, but I don't remember guys being held accountable like that last year.

LT is as talented or more than anyone on our roster IMO. The fact that they're holding him accountable sets the standard that no matter who you are, you've got to do your job or next man up. We can do that this year because the staff brought in talent in the dline, but I know as time passes this team is going to be mean and physical, and being good fundamental football because if they aren't someone else is taking the reps they're working all year for on Saturdays. Nothing more motivating than that

Advertisement

Agree. LT not even close to his ceiling.

I should also note that the Po Lil Timmy merchandise Coach Hayes sells is great

Advertisement
Yeah I may not have heard when the coaches said it last year, but I don't remember guys being held accountable like that last year.

LT is as talented or more than anyone on our roster IMO. The fact that they're holding him accountable sets the standard that no matter who you are, you've got to do your job or next man up. We can do that this year because the staff brought in talent in the dline, but I know as time passes this team is going to be mean and physical, and being good fundamental football because if they aren't someone else is taking the reps they're working all year for on Saturdays. Nothing more motivating than that
There is a lot of things that can be said about the last staff, but not sure this is one. They might not have publicly said it, but they didnt play LT for a long time supposedly b/c of these same habits. Most of the board was complaining that LT was not getting enough playing time.

Of course, people were also used to situations like Greg Rousseau not getting burn when it was obvious to everyone he should, so it's understandable that board could have thought it was more of the same.

This is good stuff. Shows you that the offensive plays were there but players need to execute.
Took that away from this too. Rooster needs to run with high knees on our first drive, also false start killed it. TVD has to step into the throw on Arroyo. George gets unlucky on the play he makes the DB fall down on. Seems like the playcalls are there and explosive plays at that. Execution lacked big, and I almost threw rewatching the ST blunders.

Advertisement
Back