Miami Hurricanes vs Texas A&M Film Review | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Steele is very choice with his words so it's easy to miss but in his presser where when reporters we're fishing for praise he basically said last year defense had LT freestyling and penetrating and some of those habits take time to die.. he is a young player and they are gonna coach him up, lots of room to grow..

Some plays you say no no no but then he gets tackle for loss and it's a a"splash play" then he gets out of gap and running back hits cut back for big gain..
This is a great topic. I’m not an X and O guru but it’s been this way for a while. It was the same with Silvera though LT is more talented

It was just something I saw the more I rewatched and then Lances breakdowns really helped understand what was going on

We see these guys randomly make a huge play and we get excited, but then we wonder why they disappear during stretches. I don’t want to make broad sweeping generalizations but a lot of times I saw just them not doing what we needed. So a good OC could just scheme around a DL that’s aggressive but undisciplined

One thing I really liked about Saturday was our DL played aggressive but weren’t getting caught up, either in the play or the environment. It does still happen sure, I think even the most disciplined teams do it, but so far I’m seeing just a much better vibe from the DL than we’ve seen for a while, even though we had some amazing talent that could make huge plays in the past

Hopefully that makes some sense haha

Advertisement
There is a lot of things that can be said about the last staff, but not sure this is one. They might not have publicly said it, but they didnt play LT for a long time supposedly b/c of these same habits. Most of the board was complaining that LT was not getting enough playing time.

Of course, people were also used to situations like Greg Rousseau not getting burn when it was obvious to everyone he should, so it's understandable that board could have thought it was more of the same.
Agree with this completely

Love Coach Hayes man. Very insightful and I like hearing his points on things because he gives it from a coaches perspective.

Took that away from this too. Rooster needs to run with high knees on our first drive, also false start killed it. TVD has to step into the throw on Arroyo. George gets unlucky on the play he makes the DB fall down on. Seems like the playcalls are there and explosive plays at that. Execution lacked big, and I almost threw rewatching the ST blunders.
I feel like TVD was falling away on a lot of his throws that game instead of stepping into them. @LuCane did you see that at all?

Advertisement
After watching this, I have to ease up on Gattis. He wasnt perfect but he called the game well enough for us to win.

I knew ST was bad but that not that bad. Wow. D- grade for that unit.

Knighton not running like he did in HS although he ran well but he left yards on the field. Some of those runs were TDs in HS. That one play where Coach said he gotta put his foot in the ground and cut back to the open space was dead on. Hoping Knighton watches this and learns from it.

That George catch and run and the Arroyo catch down the sidelines should have been TDs. Wow. Talk about leaving points on the field.

Advertisement
Back