Miami Hurricanes Secure Commitment from 4-Star Wide Receiver Ny Carr

Speed is one thing, this kid looks like a great WR. Great hands, routes and ability to track the ball.
Big facts brother

We’ve been talking about this with some of our current WRs, Colbie for example. Great route running can make a kid look even faster and he’s got the little nuances you look for. I’m no WR coach but what Beard has been doing for us I’m sky high on this kid

Advertisement
Big facts brother

We’ve been talking about this with some of our current WRs, Colbie for example. Great route running can make a kid look even faster and he’s got the little nuances you look for. I’m no WR coach but what Beard has been doing for us I’m sky high on this kid
This is an obviously small box comp but I see Carr as a much better version of George.

Advertisement

Mario on his grind 💯

Nervous Rudy Giuliani GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
The current group of WRs not named Restrepo and at times George could all use lessons in proper route running and in making really defined breaks

Watching Young sometimes he looks real lazy when he should be open
It’s not lazy with Colbie. Hes raw and it’s lack of confidence and overthinking.

Say what you wnat about Mario, dude flat out recruits and works incredibly hard

I think the players will react to this and work hard for him

At least I hope
I also might be biased here but I genuinely think he cares if the players work hard and wants them to succeed not just at football and in maturing

I don't see that with Norvell or many others

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big facts brother

This kid gets going with his first step, that sh is hard to cover man. His catching reminds me of Pickens from Pittsburgh and Waddle type acceleration

Ny Carr is going to be a problem. His route running is SPECIAL.

When a WR tries to do a stutter step or his juke move at the los before running his route, he's wasting valuable time. The QB only has so much time to get rid of the ball and if the WR is dancing around at the los the defense is going to be that much closer to the QB when he attempts the pass.

Carr is always moving forward. He's juking people while running his routes. He's going to get open. A lot.

Anybody know if his measurables have been verified? Or his speed? I don't think they'll matter, but I'm curious.

Ny Carr is going to be a problem. His route running is SPECIAL.

When a WR tries to do a stutter step or his juke move at the los before running his route, he's wasting valuable time. The QB only has so much time to get rid of the ball and if the WR is dancing around at the los the defense is going to be that much closer to the QB when he attempts the pass.

Carr is always moving forward. He's juking people while running his routes. He's going to get open. A lot.

Anybody know if his measurables have been verified? Or his speed? I don't think they'll matter, but I'm curious.
That’s stutter step **** works on 7 on 7’s only.

That’s stutter step **** works on 7 on 7’s only.
Exactly. They can get away with it in shorts. Its rare to see a high school player like Carr. He didn't do it once in his Sr highlights.

Ngl.. might not be a popular opinion on here but I think Carr is going to be a better WR than JoJo and Chance. Not even saying they won't be great. Its just that Carr is special.

Colquitt played the #1 team in SC week one. Carr lit them up for 7-136-2. His longest reception only went for 41. He straight carved them tf up. Somebody on their staff told me he was un-guardable. That SC team just won the state title in SC's largest classification too.

Advertisement
Back