Miami Hurricanes Roster Composition - Updated to 12/18/21

During his early signing day press conference, Mario said that between high school kids and transfers, he was expecting to sign between 16-20 kids this year.

He also said he'll take more if the right guys are available, and that he'll hold some backpocket spots because of inevitable roster shakeups post Spring ball. He gave an example an injury to a key player, and said they plan to be ready to fill that spot. My point, 16-20 is a sandbag target. By the time the summer rolls around, I guarantee it will be in 22+, probably right around 25.

Advertisement
He also said he'll take more if the right guys are available, and that he'll hold some backpocket spots because of inevitable roster shakeups post Spring ball. He gave an example an injury to a key player, and said they plan to be ready to fill that spot. My point, 16-20 is a sandbag target. By the time the summer rolls around, I guarantee it will be in 22+, probably right around 25.

It’ll be portal heavy. Also Mario is a new head coach , that’s a straight up dude but is also. no nonsense. He wants competition. So there’ll be guys leaving especially when they see competition coming, for their starting jobs or rotation spots. The vacation is over.

With the portal it’ll be in the 20’s.

Advertisement
Quentin Williams, Cam Williams and El Gammal are gone. So new starting count is 5. I also expect the two PWOs on your list that got scholarships won't get them renewed. That makes 7. And I count at least 4-5 guys I don't expect back. Blue Chip ration is definitely going up from attrition.

I'd be shocked if Mario doesn't have 12 scholarships more to give out without much pain. My guess is it will be closer to 15 by the time summer rolls around, and he'll have a couple portal kids in his back pocket waiting to join.

We're at 10 new kids right now, and he said we could get to 20 and possibly more. Clearly he isn't going to just take kids to take kids, we are looking for difference-makers, and he's smart enough to sandbag a bit. So the "16-20" he spoke about to me is 20... and if he gets hot on the trail down the stretch there is room for 22 IMO.

So yeah I totally agree with you. 10-12 more, after that TBD this summer.

From what I can tell we have 76 guys returning scholarships, while I except a few more to leave. Also I have no idea how Mario will handle walk ons getting scholarships.

Advertisement
Back