"Miami Hurricanes RB recruit Cody Brown could be first in a handful of additions..."

I think using 5 IC for '22 is a good idea. HS recruiting classes are about to become smaller in numbers and the portal transfers will begin to rise to about 4-6 a year for a lot of teams. Just get the right portal guys.
I’m ok with this if it’s not just one year rentals. You have to build some depth. But the 22 class is probably the one to cut into if you’re going to do it. I just wouldn’t go crazy.

Advertisement
Virtually every school will be doing this after spring and if not definitely by next yr. The way the portal is filling up just makes in another option to go grocery shopping.
Manny’s done pretty well in the portal and he may just be seeing the writing on the wall that dipping into the portal early and often will be the new norm.

Sorry but go watch Duke Johnson, Reggie Bush, Lamichael James and or Dalvin Cook highlights from high school. You could argue different backs but I didn't see anything special that warrants this many pages.
no way eye roll GIF by Hooters

Not saying you're wrong but is that a bad strategy...Thad being here in the spring seeing Brown (who doesn't arrive til Aug) getting reps first. Would that make Thad wanna transfer out?
They really like brown a lot . I’m going off what I hear , it’s more how much they like brown as a player. No holes in his game and is physically ready.

Advertisement
UNLV OL Justice Oluwaseun didn't make any of the 5 all conference mountain west selection teams not even honorable mention. Yet the narrative the media and his high school coaches are pushing is that he is Miami caliber. Hmmm let's put it this way Dr. Scott Patchan made 1st team all MNW, and scott had to leave UM to get on the field because the UM talent in front of him was better. Yet Justice Oluwaseun can't even make honorable mention in that same conference were there is supposedly 25 all conference players that were better than him in 2020.

Go Canes
He was coached by Justice for two years. That tells me he knows what the kid is capable of. He played multiple positions for his team. That tells me he's a team player. And just because he didn't receive any accolades for his play, that doesn't mean he wasn't worthy of them.

If Justice wants him after seeing the talent on Miami's OL, I'm going to trust his evaluation of the young man.

Throw them out on to greentree and let the best players win.

Championship caliber teams stack and let the field weed out the pretenders.

If a kid transfers cause he can’t get on the field that’s a good thing.

Advertisement
He was coached by Justice for two years. That tells me he knows what the kid is capable of. He played multiple positions for his team. That tells me he's a team player. And just because he didn't receive any accolades for his play, that doesn't mean he wasn't worthy of them.

If Justice wants him after seeing the talent on Miami's OL, I'm going to trust his evaluation of the young man.
Yupppppp. If Justice is really pushing for this kid then that's all you need to know about the confidence level in our o-line

MotherFVCKING NCAA has to take action.

If 120 Division I-A programs save 5 spots for transfers, that is 600 high school kids who don't get scholarships.

Shameful.
Especially if they don't let you backfill players who transfer out.

If Manny uses 2022 for portal players he could be putting too many eggs in one brisket.
Then you keep rolling forward for portal players. Take 5 in 2022 and count against 2023. As long as you get 5 who immediately end up in your 2-deep and improve your team and help your position room, go for it.

Advertisement
MotherFVCKING NCAA has to take action.

If 120 Division I-A programs save 5 spots for transfers, that is 600 high school kids who don't get scholarships.

Shameful.
So a kid who has eligibility remaining cannot transfer? If you are implying the NCAA should expand its 25 yearly limit, then I am sure the majority of institutions would be behind it.

Advertisement
Can anyone tell me if that UNLV kid good enough to come in and play right away? If he can, go get him. If not I don’t think we need to waste an IC on a guy who isn’t gonna crack the starting lineup. We have other positions we need to upgrade. I would take a depth guy at corner, DE and Lber before a depth guy on the O line.
maybe you should be asking coach Justice that question

Because while Mallory had a good season, he gets injured too much and he's a bit stiff. Mamm is a good blocker but not so sure about his hands. Hodges is too small. And that other guy is too unproven. We need a game changer at that position.
You can literally say this about Qb, Wr, Cb, linebacker, D.ends lol I think TE is the least of our problems worse case just go 4 wide or 2 Rbs

Advertisement
Back