"Miami Hurricanes RB recruit Cody Brown could be first in a handful of additions..."

UNLV OL Justice Oluwaseun didn't make any of the 5 all conference mountain west selection teams not even honorable mention. Yet the narrative the media and his high school coaches are pushing is that he is Miami caliber. Hmmm let's put it this way Dr. Scott Patchan made 1st team all MNW, and scott had to leave UM to get on the field because the UM talent in front of him was better. Yet Justice Oluwaseun can't even make honorable mention in that same conference were there is supposedly 25 all conference players that were better than him in 2020.

Go Canes

I think it’s pretty concerning that his other offers are schools like FIU and WKU. Staff is definitely waiting on better o-linemen to hit the portal or else this kid would’ve been committed already.

Advertisement
No, that was the gist. Agree, weird. I guess no details on the other positions yet.

Also, cutting kids who take care of their academics, practice hard, but struggle on the field, doesn't make a lot of sense when you consider that sending them packing allows us to sign exactly zero more kids in the next class. So not sure how cutting them would help upgrade anything. Let them get beat out. But also let them push the guys who may or may not beat them out. You need numbers.

In many cases I would agree with you. The question is, are they putting in appropriate effort? We heard last season about the WR's not putting in extra time, and it shows. If a guy isn't doing the most he can do, it sends a REALLY bad message to the guys behind him and makes for bad culture.

As far as Ivey... man... dude is just lost out there. His ST gaffes are my biggest gripe and I blame Patke there as well, but **** dude.... I'd give my third nut to not see him on the field anymore.

This article immediately made me think two things. First, Manny is willing to take portal guys now because he thinks/need to win NOW.

Disagree that this is really an issue, but see your logic. If he thought he had time, he would have played a lot of younger guys, especially at our positions of weakness. I do think Manny knows he needs a big season, but also thinks HE thinks this might be his best shot to make a splash given we have a proven commodity in King and Lashlee probably won't stick around for long.

Beyond that, I don't see much of an argument for not taking a proven senior at a spot of weakness in favor of trying to develop youth. You can always get the youth reps but you can't flip a switch and make them stronger or smarter (in football terms) than they are today.

This article immediately made me think two things. First, Manny is willing to take portal guys now because he thinks/need to win NOW. This is a little like an NFL team trading future draft pics for players who can help now. Second, Manny must think we will not land “stars” in the 2022 class. If we were in it for several big-time players we would need the ICs for high school guys. I hope he is right and we actually win big next season. Dare I say it?

15-0
I had the same read. Wouldn’t want to use so many ‘22 ICs on transfer kids.

Advertisement
Has more to do with the numbers on the roster. 1 qb, 2 wr, 1 te, 3 o-linemen, 5-6 d-linemen, 2 LBs, 3-4 cbs, 1 safety. You could potentially get 20 guys out of those numbers.
Exactly what we need for 22.And the reason we're stuck at 2 commits is we're only going after top kids.We're finally deep at most spots(need to load up at CB and DE)and upgrade talent at LB and OL.

This is a weird article. Talks about looking for OL, DE and TE in one sentence then the rest of it is about Oluwaseun. Unless those snippets are just very selective toward the content on him.
Have read the full article. I assume the small feature was made about the kid because it is known that we chase him.

I assume we havent found concrete names for DE/TE yet or Navarro hasnt been told about these.

Have read the full article. I assume the small feature was made about the kid because it is known that we chase him.

I assume we havent found concrete names for DE/TE yet or Navarro hasnt been told about these.

Probably just Navarro shooting out of his uninformed ***. I really, really don't see us looking for another TE, and probably not a DE. Any other spot should go to an MLB or stud DT.

Advertisement
UNLV OL Justice Oluwaseun didn't make any of the 5 all conference mountain west selection teams not even honorable mention. Yet the narrative the media and his high school coaches are pushing is that he is Miami caliber. Hmmm let's put it this way Dr. Scott Patchan made 1st team all MNW, and scott had to leave UM to get on the field because the UM talent in front of him was better. Yet Justice Oluwaseun can't even make honorable mention in that same conference were there is supposedly 25 all conference players that were better than him in 2020.

Go Canes
Our starting guards last year wouldn’t make 5th team all county at local high schools.

They ALL look good on paper, sometimes not so much when the bullets start to fly. I'll pass on this guy for OL; you can't polish a sneaker.

That kid graded out pretty **** good and would be an upgrade over both guards last year. It was atrocious inside. Even gaynor got pushed around. Tackles were far from the issue.
Exactly. He’d be an immediate upgrade with two years of eligibility remaining. Jarrid Williams didn’t even make honorable mention all AAC in 2019 and he was our best lineman in 2020.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid will get burn this season , he’s first game ready. Thad will have to wait , Brown won’t.
Not saying you're wrong but is that a bad strategy...Thad being here in the spring seeing Brown (who doesn't arrive til Aug) getting reps first. Would that make Thad wanna transfer out?

Advertisement
Back