2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I can see the rationale but I don’t necessarily agree with it. That’s how you wind up with the Frank Ladson’s of the world on your team. Guys gotta love football and gotta love the grind that comes with it.
You want this in an ideal world. My belief is that there are going to be some extremely physically gifted players that don't have the right mix of intelligence, work ethic, and passion for the game. When your organization is well-run and the culture is right, you can bring in a few of these physical studs with limitations in the areas where your culture is solid.

There's a saying in talent acquisition about "rather having them fail with you than succeed against you" or something to that effect. That's my feeling here, especially when you talk about a kid who is a HS junior.

His parents really want him at Miami. He's a typical young man that wants to go against the expected, as many do at that age.
My career involves spending time with families and their children. Typically, majority of the time, parents have the sole influence on their children's lives when it comes to career and college choices. Parents are their children's #1 resource when it comes to moving on from being a teenager to an adult.

Advertisement
Blount and Smith will both end up at FSU

Just feels that way right now that Miami is on the outside looking in
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back