2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
@PIPO

Read This Laughing GIF by Sacramento Kings
Wow Excited GIF by Steve Harvey TV

brother you can facepalm me all you want @cway313, they made rueben bain a 4-star and have systematically dropped rankings for miami commits
Are rankings biased? Yes. Are rankings a figment of our imagination. No. Of course 4 and 5 * players bust but guess what 3* bust at a much higher rate. Anybody looking for a perfect system is delusional. If scouting were a perfect science NFL teams wouldn't **** the bed drafting every year. However, the kids rated higher typically have stronger intangibles and the success rate is much, much, much higher. Or we can pretend that because the staph is settling for plan C options, they are masterful evaluators. I'll pass.

Are rankings biased? Yes. Are rankings a figment of our imagination. No. Of course 4 and 5 * players bust but guess what 3* bust at a much higher rate. Anybody looking for a perfect system is delusional. If scouting were a perfect science NFL teams wouldn't **** the bed drafting every year. However, the kids rated higher typically have stronger intangibles and the success rate is much, much, much higher. Or we can pretend that because the staph is settling for plan C options, they are masterful evaluators. I'll pass.
When you say plan C it is confusing because most of our class committed early and they were kids we identified early.

So what it really is, is your subjective opinion against the staffs subjective opinion and we will not know until 2 to 3 years from now.

Mario and company have hit higher than all previous staffs on the fanbases perceived "busts".

Cooper
Young
Pulliam
Gore
Deen
Francisco

The list goes on but don't let that get in your way.

Advertisement
When you say plan C it is confusing because most of our class committed early and they were kids we identified early.

So what it really is, is your subjective opinion against the staffs subjective opinion and we will not know until 2 to 3 years from now.

Mario and company have hit higher than all previous staffs on the fanbases perceived "busts".

Cooper
Young
Pulliam
Gore
Deen
Francisco

The list goes on but don't let that get in your way.
Your version of hit and my version are not the same. I won't get into a back in forth with an apologist but we all have seen this movie before.

Your version of hit and my version are not the same. I won't get into a back in forth with an apologist but we all have seen this movie before.
I apologize for nothing. I have voiced my concerns with Mario like most other rational posters.

You cannot articulate your beefs without being exposed for having an agenda.

Advertisement
I don't disagree, its just that evaluating five-stars in high school isn't difficult and yet 247 still is doing a poor job at it. That's what my entire post was all about.

Teams don't evaluate well because 247 has them as five-stars, teams evaluate well because they evaluate well.

Advertisement
I don't disagree, its just that evaluating five-stars in high school isn't difficult and yet 247 still is doing a poor job at it. That's what my entire post was all about.

Teams don't evaluate well because 247 has them as five-stars, teams evaluate well because they evaluate well.
A lot of these 5* kids will fail due to reasons beyond the football field.

Its hard to a bash a class that might be a top 10 class. People are acting like we have the Colorado current 2024 class.
Problem is we didn’t hire Mario on the premise of just top 10. People were saying he NEEDED Top 5 classes on a routine basis bc of his lack of coaching acumen in order for us to compete with the “big boys” and people said he was more than capable of doing it and getting paid more than any coach before him to do it. I don’t think people would be nearly as frustrated if he wasn’t touted as someone who was going to “stack elite talent” and getting paid less without all the additional resources. With that type of hype and money comes bigger expectations.

Advertisement
Problem is we didn’t hire Mario on the premise of just top 10. People were saying he NEEDED Top 5 classes on a routine basis bc of his lack of coaching acumen in order for us to compete with the “big boys” and people said he was more than capable of doing it and getting paid more than any coach before him to do it. I don’t think people would be nearly as frustrated if he wasn’t touted as someone who was going to “stack elite talent” and getting paid less without all the additional resources. With that type of hype and money comes bigger expectations.
Lol you do realize those expectations were never uttered by Mario dont you? That's all fan fiction.

Money, weird handlers, ****** coaching

Oh hey Shemar Stewart, how's it going?
Drugs, women, parents, the list goes on. Just looking at 2023 Harbor was a 5* based on measurables and potential not production. If Bain were 6'4 or 6'5 I think he would have been top 10. Needless to say I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Lol you do realize those expectations were never uttered by Mario dont you? That's all fan fiction.
Lol well he definitely wasn’t hired bc of his game day coaching decisions. Regardless if he said anything perception is reality for some and some of those perceptions have been proven true (poor game day management) which is why he is getting some backlash from some fans. For the most part he really hasn’t faced a toxic fan base. A vast majority are still with Mario.

Advertisement
Back