2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Reading comprehension is key. No where did I say there is no talent. I get it Mario is your boy or something but all I said is this class is not stacking elite talent and if you think so then you need to evaluate your evaluations.
Hes not "my boy" but the fact people wanna pretend everything is in a vacuum and we didn't go 5-7 baffles me.

Those same people will talk up Norvells class pretending he isn't in year 4. Classic example of canetarddom.

It is what it is.

Agenda driven nonsense from an overall dumb fanbase that actually boo's their team at home games. Comedy show.

Advertisement
Hes not "my boy" but the fact people wanna pretend everything is in a vacuum and we didn't go 5-7 baffles me.

Those same people will talk up Norvells class pretending he isn't in year 4. Classic example of canetarddom.

It is what it is.

Agenda driven nonsense from an overall dumb fanbase that actually boo's their team at home games. Comedy show.
Well first off who's fault was it that we went 5-7 last year? His staff choices were so abysmal that he ended up firing over half of his staff. That's on him.

I don't really care about fsu's classes I'm talking about the current class as it stands right now with the Miami hurricanes. Do you think this class constitutes stacking elite talent that everyone said he was going to do when he came here?

I also said that hopefully he has a couple of flips in his back pocket as well. He has time to make it up but as it currently stands this class is not up to the elite standards he needs to be very successful here. I don't get why that's so contentious to state the obvious.

Well first off who's fault was it that we went 5-7 last year? His staff choices were so abysmal that he ended up firing over half of his staff. That's on him.

I don't really care about fsu's classes I'm talking about the current class as it stands right now with the Miami hurricanes. Do you think this class constitutes stacking elite talent that everyone said he was going to do when he came here?

I also said that hopefully he has a couple of flips in his back pocket as well. He has time to make it up but as it currently stands this class is not up to the elite standards he needs to be very successful here.
I think Mario nuked the team psyche last year and it's bearing fruit this year.

As far as I'm concerned we are 7-1. That decision (dumbest ideally I will ever see) is three games we 100% lose over the last 20ish years.

Clemson
UVA
Ga Tech

I'm not a knee jerk, impatient, Gen Z imbecile who refuses to see the culture change on the team.

Mario's OC hire from last year also may be part of the greatest sign stealing/play stealing conspiracy in the history of college football it turns out. He jettisoned him after 1 year. His new hires are significantly better. I dont need the man to bat .1000 I need him to identify poor decisions, not heel dig and improve. He appears to be doing this.

Blount/his parents/whomever is running that show. It does not bode well for the kid but the fact Mario isn't laying down and dying for CLEARLY a bad look (local DT) is really all I can ask for.

I'm willing to let the man build the team and finish this season/this recruiting cycle (including the transfer portal).

If the team overall is BETTER next year that's all that matters to me. Not subjective class rankings (see OL whom "suck" lol).

Like I said. Lotta canetarddom. Lotta closet noles.

As far as I'm concerned we are 7-1. That decision (dumbest ideally I will ever see) is three games we 100% lose over the last 20ish years.

Clemson
UVA
Ga Tech

I'm not a knee jerk, impatient, Gen Z imbecile who refuses to see the culture change on the team.

Mario's OC hire from last year also may be part of the greatest sign stealing/play stealing conspiracy in the history of college football it turns out. He jettisoned him after 1 year. His new hires are significantly better. I dont need the man to bat .1000 I need him to identify poor decisions, not heel dig and improve. He appears to be doing this.

Blount/his parents/whomever is running that show. It does not bode well for the kid but the fact Mario isn't laying down and dying for CLEARLY a bad look (local DT) is really all I can ask for.

I'm willing to let the man build the team and finish this season/this recruiting cycle (including the transfer portal).

If the team overall is BETTER next year that's all that matters to me. Not subjective class rankings (see OL whom "suck" lol).

I will say class rankings do matter especially 5 stars/blue chip ratio bc of the hit miss ratio. A lot less room for error.

Pointing to Manny and Golden is a superficial/dumb talking point based purely on where the class is SUBJECTIVELY in the recruiting site rankings and has nothing to do with the kids actually making plays on the field.

Go back to this past summer and behold the buckets of tears Moanin had over every kid whose currently making plays on the field.

Mind you if Mario doesn't bat .1000 queue Lane Kiffen sobs.
I wasn't pointing to Manny and Golden. I was answering his point that this class is a Manny/Golden type class. I also stated that I believe this class will end up in the top 10 and possibly top 5.

Who is Moanin? This thread isn't about Mario not batting 1000. That isn't what most are trying to say. There has been criticism over some of this class so far but I wouldn't characterize that criticism as being beyond the pale or that severe. It's just recruiting talk so take it with a grain of salt. It isn't necessary to attack everyone who doesn't like this class as much as you do. Personally I like the class. There are a few aspects of it that I have criticized but until the ink dries it's all open ended. Peace.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wasn't pointing to Manny and Golden. I was answering his point that this class is a Manny/Golden type class. I also stated that I believe this class will end up in the top 10 and possibly top 5.

Who is Moanin? This thread isn't about Mario not batting 1000. That isn't what most are trying to say. There has been criticism over some of this class so far but I wouldn't characterize that criticism as being beyond the pale or that severe. It's just recruiting talk so take it with a grain of salt. It isn't necessary to attack everyone who doesn't like this class as much as you do. Personally I like the class. There are a few aspects of it that I have criticized but until the ink dries it's all open ended. Peace.
I know you weren't. I was reaffirming the points.

WeMoaninBoy is Moanin. It's all day 24/7.

Advertisement

Clemson
UVA
Ga Tech

Agreed. Any Miami team of the last decade and a half (minus one or two) are most likely 4-4 right now. This teams mindset is miles better already.

Advertisement
Always keep pressing, if for no other reason, drive the price up FSU has to pony up.
Money in finite, no matter the school.
Get them bidding against themselves. Drive his price up to $30M a year.

At the very least, it would delay the toilet installations for a while.

Advertisement
I know you weren't. I was reaffirming the points.

WeMoaninBoy is Moanin. It's all day 24/7.
@PIPO

Read This Laughing GIF by Sacramento Kings

Newsflash - every school has these fans. Ours are no different.

Biggest difference is their fanbase goes to their home games. That crowd for Virginia was very disappointing. So 3 home games nobody goes too and the other 3 pretty good. We gotta do better then that

I will say class rankings do matter especially 5 stars/blue chip ratio bc of the hit miss ratio. A lot less room for error.
They do, but to play devils advocate, they have hit on some “under the radar guys”. Cooper, Young, and maybe EW(probably too soon though honestly). I’m not ok with building every class this way. It leaves no room for error. If Zo is running scouting I am a little more comfortable with the takes but there is still no margin for 4 or 5 misses.

The takes that worry me are the secondary commits outside of Patterson. Those fit the mold of Golden/Diaz recruits. The DL misses also need to be addressed. The flip game isn’t a successful model and should not be the method used for those types of players.

Hmmm. A couple of things.... First off I'm right there with you on most things and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here. I too have been critical of this class because of the lack of DTs, CBs and QBs. The lack of DTs is just not acceptable. I love Artavious Jones and we must keep him from flipping to FSU but he isn't enough and don't even get me started on Russell. The CBs in this class are basically depth type quality from where I'm standing. Getting that kid to flip from UGA would be much needed and I'm spacing his name right now. Judd Anderson is an intriguing prospect at QB and is the type of kid that you see in the ACC nowadays. 6'6" 210 with a nice arm and the ability to run. Multiple sport athlete who excels at basketball. This is the type of kid that Dawson loves and the type we have seen develop on other teams. The problem is that we need another QB. I get that we are not at the point where an elite QB trusts us with his development but we need to do better. Ha[BGCOLOR=initial]ving said all that, this class isn't a Manny/Golden class and by the time Mario is through with this class it's going to be top 10 and possibly top 5. That's just my opinion though. [/BGCOLOR]

Its hard to a bash a class that might be a top 10 class. People are acting like we have the Colorado current 2024 class.

Advertisement
Back