2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
When you have Chaney banged up & Allen who clearly isn’t great in pass pro(see UNC), you can’t commit to the run early. Thus, if we had four health backs we start running early and often getting Clemson into man coverage out wide. This makes it a ton easier on Williams as a QB.

No I don't believe we do…It's not in Dawson's blood. I think Dawson called a mostly ineffective game for 3 quarters, but I don't think it had anything to do with a beat up running core. I believe he was reined in by CMC late as a last ditch effort to win the game. It's one of the few things CMC has done right lately.

I do think the game could have been easier with Jacurri Brown at least for 2-3 drives. There's a lot of mystery things going on right now with team/staff imo, but at least we gutted one out.

Advertisement
No I don't believe we do…It's not in Dawson's blood. I think Dawson called a mostly ineffective game for 3 quarters, but I don't think it had anything to do with a beat up running core. I believe he was reined in by CMC late as a last ditch effort to win the game. It's one of the few things CMC has done right lately.

I do think the game could have been easier with Jacurri Brown at least for 2-3 drives. There's a lot of mystery things going on right now with team/staff imo, but at least we gutted one out.

Brown asked for a RS. I think he should have played one of his four against Clemson especially with TVD out. That said, the best way to rattle Emory is to sit him out for 2-3 drives.

As for the CMC calling for runs, I’ll stick with my point. You have four healthy backs and I’m willing to bet you see Dawson running the ball a bunch more in the first half. He had a half healthy Chaney and Allen who isn’t a good pass pro kid yet. Why the heck do you think BS got snaps? We are that thin at RB.

When you have Chaney banged up & Allen who clearly isn’t great in pass pro(see UNC), you can’t commit to the run early. Thus, if we had four health backs we start running early and often getting Clemson into man coverage out wide. This makes it a ton easier on Williams as a QB.
chaney must have gotten banged up on the first carry. he didn't get another one till the second half or whatever. since allen wasn't running especially well in the first half, i think it ur right. goes a long way towards explaining those two drives in the middle of the first half that we threw on every play.

Brown asked for a RS. I think he should have played one of his four against Clemson especially with TVD out. That said, the best way to rattle Emory is to sit him out for 2-3 drives.

As for the CMC calling for runs, I’ll stick with my point. You have four healthy backs and I’m willing to bet you see Dawson running the ball a bunch more in the first half. He had a half healthy Chaney and Allen who isn’t a good pass pro kid yet. Why the heck do you think BS got snaps? We are that thin at RB.

I think the healthy RB stuff is being overplayed… And they also used B. Smith effectively there.

And also I would argue Emory Williams was rattled for quite a bit of that game anyway (understandable)

But yes agree on brown. Play him last night and keep his redshirt.

Back to Blount. We need him to stick and I’d love to add him to 2024.

Jones - NT
Blount/Russell - 3T
Lightfoot/Rudolph/Booker - DE

I’d like one more NT type but after see the Bear front last night, we could do ok with that class.

Advertisement
There’s a reason I just roll my eyes at their writers. I don’t trust them and I hear things too and I tend to trust that more.
Sassy Oh No GIF by FOX TV

Advertisement
You mean the kid mentioned in the last Bank, sorry ATM? Kid looks talented and has similar size but watch both of their tapes, he isn’t Jordan Davis.
Jordan Davis was an OL in high school mainly. Right now he’s not, you’re right, and Jordan Davis wasn’t Jordan Davis until his Jr year, but he’s that body type we need to allow guys like Taylor, Burroughs, hunte to play the 3 tech.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you know me you know I don’t start paying attention to recruiting until the summer. I’ve just started paying attention to 24 kids. Him reclassifying throws a wrench in that lol. I’ve talked to multiple people close to the situation and they both say the same things. Violent hands, discards blockers like it’s nothing ,plays better when the comp steps up,good bull rush , great measurables, runs like a deer,very good 40 and shuttle for a de. Not stiff but bend and motor need some work but he’s 16. He tends to just over power people because he’s so strong. Inside is his likely his longterm spot.
Yeah that sounds like tackle all day. We'll have to see how his camp shakes out if he stays in the fold. Cause it sounds like he'll have to learn on the fly. Not sure we can afford to do that at a position of need. Long term kid sounds like a stud.

Yeah that sounds like tackle all day. We'll have to see how his camp shakes out if he stays in the fold. Cause it sounds like he'll have to learn on the fly. Not sure we can afford to do that at a position of need. Long term kid sounds like a stud.

That screenshot of him in this thread on the fspoo visit doesn't hint that he will be ready to contribute at DT early on. And that is fine. Bain is a freak of nature to be producing like this so early on

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back