2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
We got played like a ukulele, has happened for the vast majority of this cycle. We are about to finish with the 3rd best recruiting class in the state under a guy whose specialty is supposed to be talent acquisition.

My bad, I forgot “it takes time to wipe off the 20 year stench that bad coaches have created”.
Bruh you came in here, spittin *pause* ….. all facts tho

No inside info but I’m not worried.

IMG_5138.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
"What I tell people is, you know, when I'm in living rooms, that guy coaching up DTs there, he's a champion of life. And he's coaching up champions of life. We've got future firefighters in that room, future bank tellers, pipefitters. That's what it's all about."

So we can't land the big whales(DTs) because they're not from miami's area and wanted to stay closer to home but now we have 1 in our back yard and he's going north and it's just what it is.This is just 1 more nail in Mario's coffin.

Mario isn’t getting fired any time soon.

Advertisement
Mario isn’t getting fired any time soon.
That is true, however, the slow death spiral will start soon (assuming it hasn't already) if he doesn't log in some wins and turn around some of these struggles. There's no realistic scenario where they let him go after this season no matter how badly it goes, but if he doesn't kill it next season, the aggregate effect will take over.

As I keep saying - he wasn't my first pick, but he's here now and I desperately want him to succeed. It's not too late for him, but he's gotta log in some W's and soon.

That is true, however, the slow death spiral will start soon (assuming it hasn't already) if he doesn't log in some wins and turn around some of these struggles. There's no realistic scenario where they let him go after this season no matter how badly it goes, but if he doesn't kill it next season, the aggregate effect will take over.

As I keep saying - he wasn't my first pick, but he's here now and I desperately want him to succeed. It's not too late for him, but he's gotta log in some W's and soon.

He has at least 4 years. He is halfway through year two and sitting at 4-2. Let’s see how the season ends and the rest of the recurring cycle. Just have to keep showing progression year over year. If he fails then the program is doomed and will never be anything again. We all better hope he succeeds or we need to move on from football.

"What I tell people is, you know, when I'm in living rooms, that guy coaching up DTs there, he's a champion of life. And he's coaching up champions of life. We've got future firefighters in that room, future bank tellers, pipefitters. That's what it's all about."

When did Miami hire Butch Jones?

Advertisement
He has at least 4 years. He is halfway through year two and sitting at 4-2. Let’s see how the season ends and the rest of the recurring cycle. Just have to keep showing progression year over year. If he fails then the program is doomed and will never be anything again. We all better hope he succeeds or we need to move on from football.
Agree with the first part, but not so much on the second part. Miami will continue to be a sleeping giant which will re-awaken once we get the right leadership.

We might have that right leadership in Mario, but he's committed a ton of unforced errors. It's not too late to turn this around, but it would be helpful if the turn around started tonight.

Advertisement
Back