Miami Hurricanes Boost Their Defense with Transfer Pass Rush Prospect Elijah Alston from Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Flip king strikes again. This one really surprised me with the news of him going to A&M. Big get. Adding Alston and CJ Clark keeps the underclassmen on the bench
I doubt they keep the younger guys on the bench ...only if they show more than what we've seen already ....or coaches continue to play the seniority game.... (on paper) both are solid depth pieces on a good defense imo...Alston was 3rd team all sunbelt and Clark didn't receive any post season ACC accolades...

Last edited:
was originally concerning that he chose A&M over us to begin with, glad he came to his senses and just more affirmation of guidry in my eyes

Advertisement
A lot of the depth issues that have plagued us for so long aren’t only for Saturday’s.

You need reps against elite players during practice. Cant expect players to “develop” if they’re dominating against dudes that won’t start on the opposing team.
The frontrunners have 5 stars as 3rd stringers practicing against potential draft picks.
This is great to see. Especially on the dline.

Yup. Pressures affect more plays and the more pressures you get the higher likelihood of sacks. It’s also more consistent and signals a higher per play win rate which is actually the most important thing.

Now sacks are incredibly important in their impact, but they’re also heavily impacted by the QB. Going against Brady you’re not getting many sacks (because such low time to throw usually), but if you get a bunch of pressures cause you beat your guy immediately, well you still did your job at a high level.
If your secondary is suspect, nothing helps quite like a nasty pass rush

Dline is possibly going to be the most improved unit as a whole next season. I think if this group remains healthy this DLine is going to eat. EDGE is going to be a massive improvement. Losing Leonard Taylor is an obvious downgrade, but the rest of the DT room is better. So -1 for Taylor, +Health in our EDGEs, +JHH development, +Clark/Cook > Deen/Gore, +YoungDTs developing and the HS guys just overall being very talented, +Alston > Harvey.

Advertisement
You have no idea how hard you hit this mail over the head. I literally was eating dinner in the firehouse, watching his highlights, with another Hurricane fan in the house. We both said the guy is a mirror image of Quincy.
Probably the smartest thing I’ve ever said on here. I honestly didn’t watch his highlights yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
More depth and this helps Wayne be able to develop more while not having to rely on him completely. Now if we can get one more Safety and CB I really like what this defense can look like this year.
I agree. And it starts with losing Addae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back