Miami Hurricane that was most significant for our start to greatness?

It took Bernie 28 seconds to drive the field against Florida that fall so throwing the ball against Nebraska would not been a problem. He had 48 seconds to work. One correction, our kicker that year was Flea Davis. We needed get pretty close. Danny was gone.
Flea was our KO Kicker even when Miller was here...no correction needed...

Advertisement
Not for the 84 OB. Bet you a beer. Danny was drafted in 82 I believe by the Skins. Mark Seelig did the long kicking.
Point is...like I stated in the original post..."With any kind of return"....Kosar would've only had to go 35-40yds for a more than makeable FG....Anything 45 and in was well within Fleas distance...Kosar drove them in 20 seconds to beat the Gators and a Good Secondary....Nebraska's secondary was ***....

Point is...like I stated in the original post..."With any kind of return"....Kosar would've only had to go 35-40yds for a more than makeable FG....Anything 45 and in was well within Fleas distance...Kosar drove them in 20 seconds to beat the Gators and a Good Secondary....Nebraska's secondary was ***....
True, but nothing was a gimme in 83 on field goals. That's why the chipper to beat FSU was a nailbiter.

How about we give Kenny Calhoun the full credit he deserves for tipping the 2-point try away and giving Miami their first NC?

Because that is what happened.

Kosar engineering a last-second game winning FG and 34-32 win would have been legendary but is not what happened.

Advertisement
Chuck Foreman, I’d put his breakaway runs for a big power back up against anyone in Cane history during a time with way less talent surrounding him , a ground breaking back.

GOCANES

How can you be "too early" to break the color barrier? Not only was he an absolute monster, if he doesn't break the color barrier at Miami, someone else has to, or we don't have a very significant majority of all the great players we've had.
I am not implying that occurred to early, saying he played before we evolved. 1966 was a bit before our climb.

I am not implying that occurred to early, saying he played before we evolved. 1966 was a bit before our climb.

The fact of the matter remains that SOMEONE has to break the color barrier for others to play. And it's not like he was a slouch athletically. Dude not only broke records, he was the first black student body president.

Bellamy was too early but was a major factor as he was the first Black player in 1966. Breaking the color barrier was huge.
There's a reason that Bruce Feldman starts his Cane Mutiny book with the story of Ray Bellamy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back