Miami Hires Former OL Joel Rodriguez

### Joel Rodriguez, a standout offensive lineman on the Hurricanes from 2000 to 2004, informed local high school football coaches tonight that he's taking a job at UM.

According to a source, he's expected to replace Ryan McNamee as director of player development. NcNamee recently resigned. Rodriguez has been working as Fordham's offensive line coach and run game coordinator at Fordham.

Dolphins sign Mosley; Dolphins' Jordan Cameron ready to put concussions behind him and make a mark; Wade contract; UM staff change; Marlins; UM baseball | Sports Buzz

Advertisement
Golden thinks he's the smartest person in the room! This ain't nothing but another opportunity to win over Canes fans, former players and loyalist. By appointing a former Cane to an essentially meaningless non-coaching position it makes, like some instantly did here, think he's returning the program to people who have toiled here. In fact his poisonous pacifism and lack of football guile still permeates the program like a rioting carcass under the seats of a car, windows rolled up in the South Florida summertime sun. This program needs a General not a empathizing Princess of a man! I'll be impressed when he hires Butch to coordinate the defense and make player personnel decisions and Chud as offensive coordinator. Otherwise fire his *** at a prep rally in front of the U with invitations to all!

Advertisement
Golden thinks he's the smartest person in the room! This ain't nothing but another opportunity to win over Canes fans, former players and loyalist. By appointing a former Cane to an essentially meaningless non-coaching position it makes, like some instantly did here, think he's returning the program to people who have toiled here. In fact his poisonous pacifism and lack of football guile still permeates the program like a rioting carcass under the seats of a car, windows rolled up in the South Florida summertime sun. This program needs a General not a empathizing Princess of a man! I'll be impressed when he hires Butch to coordinate the defense and make player personnel decisions and Chud as offensive coordinator. Otherwise fire his *** at a prep rally in front of the U with invitations to all!

Amen brother. I doubt Chud would take OC but Butch would do just fine. With Butch as DC and recruiting Czar I can live with Al another year. As it stands, we still have a nole as OC and shower monitors kittens as HC and DC.

What a fantastic hire! Between Beard and Joel I can see us winning 10-12 games this year.

Amen brother. I doubt Chud would take OC but Butch would do just fine. With Butch as DC and recruiting Czar I can live with Al another year. As it stands, we still have a nole as OC and shower monitors kittens as HC and DC.

I always get you two fkrs confused.

Advertisement

There are 2?! Now I can't remember if I ever talked **** to one, both or neither.

Until golden changes his philosophy in what he looks for in players it won't matter. Remember the video of Dorito referencing a temple player in an effort to overrule Hurlie on whether to recruit a safety or not.

It doesn't matter who is on staff as long as golden keeps looking for jersey coal shovelers that weigh 500 pounds.

There are 2?! Now I can't remember if I ever talked **** to one, both or neither.

Thinking about changing my username to G8ter H8ter

Advertisement
df-bone-suckin-sauce_300.jpg

Advertisement
How the **** Joel let his 6'8-300 pd ol transfer from Fordham to UF of all places.. He should of locked that kid in here as we need all the help depth wise we can get on the ol.

Uf just got a graduate Transfer from Fordham this week

Hey maybe Kehoe can swoop in an steal one from the UF for old time sake since they haven't confirmed his acceptance yet.

FCS All-American OL transfer from Fordham says he'll play at Florida - CBSSports.com

FCS All-American OL transfer from Fordham says he'll play at Florida

Not many Power Five teams have been in more dire need for quality offensive line bodies than Florida. Fortunately for the Gators, one such body is apparently on its way.

Former Fordham offensive tackle Mason Halter announced Tuesday on his Instagram account that he will take a graduate transfer to Florida and spend his final season of collegiate eligibility with the Gators. Halter was named a first-team FCS All-American by The Sports Network following the 2014 season and earned second team honors in 2013.

Halter had expected to go to Old Dominion for his graduate senior season, even signing scholarship papers with the Monarchs, but a Florida offer extended in early May changed things, he told the Virginian-Pilot.

“I think the coaches at ODU were a little upset, and I don't blame them,” Halter said. “I signed an agreement and went back on my word a bit.

“But this was a great opportunity. I could not turn it down.”

Florida has not yet confirmed Halter's transfer. On paper, the 6-foot-8, 300-pound Ohio native could have an opportunity for an immediate spot on the Gators' two-deep -- at a minimum. Jim McElwain's team finished its spring drills with only six healthy scholarship offensive linemen, numbers the first-year coach labeled "insufficient."

[HUDL]athlete/1325726[/HUDL]

Last edited:
How the **** Joel let his 6'8-300 pd ol transfer from Fordham to UF of all places.. He should of locked that kid in here as we need all the help depth wise we can get on the ol.

Uf just got a graduate Transfer from Fordham this week

Keep in mind they need the help.

floridagif.gif

Advertisement
Back