Miami game

Advertisement
I have dish and ACC Network is showing Cal at UNC, maybe because we didn't have a sell out? It is showing on Fox Florida ch. 412-13

Advertisement
Anyone else ditch cable and satellite yet for streaming? Dtv now is legit on Apple TV, no connection loss wit cat 6 cable.

Advertisement
Anyone else ditch cable and satellite yet for streaming? Dtv now is legit on Apple TV, no connection loss wit cat 6 cable.

Tell me more, please.

I have U-verse, Directv and Apple TV but I'd like to do more with my Apple TV and eventually down the road ditch the U-verse because I fūcking hate them.So you have your AppleTV next to the modem? Who's your ISP and what kind of throughput/bandwith are you getting?

I'm using my Apple TV via Wi-Fi now

I thought about that, used to have 2 accounts with DTV but the price kept going up and up. Dish beat them by quite a bit, including a 3 year price guarantee but DTV wouldn't even match it. My only concern is if my internet is out, I'm screwed. Also, I have the sports package and to add all those on streaming just increases the price more and more. I record all the games too, although I've read that some streaming companies now have recording but again, more money.

Tell me more, please.

I have U-verse, Directv and Apple TV but I'd like to do more with my Apple TV and eventually down the road ditch the U-verse because I fūcking hate them.So you have your AppleTV next to the modem? Who's your ISP and what kind of throughput/bandwith are you getting?

Correct. Im in Brooklyn with Optimum 100/100 internet with Apple TV 4 next to the modem. Average download speed runs around 62 on wifi, with direct connect I'm right near 100mbps. With apple TV and the espn app, you'll have to sign in to app on phone if you end up testing dtv now, and then on Apple TV sign in under your phone.. sounds confusing but happy to help if you decide to try. Something with dtv now not showing up as standard provider in list of choices. Net-net, with atat, have dtv now with hbo and 100 channels of mostly everything one would need for $35/month. For basic cable, I'm using a digital antenna.. but what shows are we really watching on network TV but sports now. Pm if/when, down to help.

Advertisement

I thought about that, used to have 2 accounts with DTV but the price kept going up and up. Dish beat them by quite a bit, including a 3 year price guarantee but DTV wouldn't even match it. My only concern is if my internet is out, I'm screwed. Also, I have the sports package and to add all those on streaming just increases the price more and more. I record all the games too, although I've read that some streaming companies now have recording but again, more money.

facts. Didn't think about dvr/recording. For sure a limitation if that's a major requirement

Tell me more, please.

Correct. Im in Brooklyn with Optimum 100/100 internet with Apple TV 4 next to the modem. Average download speed runs around 62 on wifi, with direct connect I'm right near 100mbps. With apple TV and the espn app, you'll have to sign in to app on phone if you end up testing dtv now, and then on Apple TV sign in under your phone.. sounds confusing but happy to help if you decide to try. Something with dtv now not showing up as standard provider in list of choices. Net-net, with atat, have dtv now with hbo and 100 channels of mostly everything one would need for $35/month. For basic cable, I'm using a digital antenna.. but what shows are we really watching on network TV but sports now. Pm if/when, down to help.

Thanks.

When I see your bandwidth I think FML. Living somewhere like Brooklyn makes a difference. I can't do better than 20-25, and that's if everything is working ok, and that's the max with cat, wifi is less of course. Because of the way it's structured down here, my only choice is the local cable provider, ATT U-verse, and of course the sats. So of course I'm not going to use satellite for Internet, so I'm either stuck with U-verse for Internet, or going to one of the worst providers in history

Eventually maybe one day I'll be able to get 100 from somebody.

Tell me more, please.

Thanks.

When I see your bandwidth I think FML. Living somewhere like Brooklyn makes a difference. I can't do better than 20-25, and that's if everything is working ok, and that's the max with cat, wifi is less of course. Because of the way it's structured down here, my only choice is the local cable provider, ATT U-verse, and of course the sats. So of course I'm not going to use satellite for Internet, so I'm either stuck with U-verse for Internet, or going to one of the worst providers in history

Eventually maybe one day I'll be able to get 100 from somebody.
Where do you live? I'm in Clewiston, a 5 red light town in the muck, about an hour and a half from Miami. I have Comcast blast, 72 Mbps. I was only getting around 48 on Wi-Fi, so they gave me a boost for free, supposed to make it 150. I don't have a way to test it hard wired but I'm now getting 80+ with Wi-Fi.

Advertisement
It's on the ACC Extra Network.

Just go to the WatchEspn app and you can find it there.

Advertisement
Back