Miami Football - Remainder of the 2015 Season

donnybrah

Redshirt Freshman
HEAR ME OUT. Miami will win out the rest of the season and make it to the ACC title game. Yes, unpopular opinion. I was berated for saying Miami would beat Duke. But, it happened. So hear my reasoning.

1 - Virginia
~ 3-5 team with a ****** quarterback, mediocre run game, and quite frankly, a bottom 3 ACC defense. Should be one of the easier games Miami has on the season. Potentially the 2nd easiest behind Bethune Cookman(probably 3rd because of FAU).
Prediction: Miami 42 - 24 Virginia

2 - North Carolina
~ Hardest game on the schedule. For sure. No arguments. Team has a solid offense and solid defense. Are they stoppable? VERY. Miami will need to stack the box against NC to stand a chance. The pass game leaves a ton to be desired and Marquise Williams is terribly average against teams with good DBs, such as Miami's. It's likely going to be high scoring, and Miami's going to have to limit the NC run game to hold even the slightest chance to win. But, let's just stop and focus in on something here. What was the goal for Miami against Duke? STOP THE RUN. Did they stop the run? For the most part, yeah. They limited the run game and ended up winning on a last second miracle. But they dominated the game vs Duke, so why not against NC? NC is just another team who hasn't played any extremely competitive teams, outside of Pitt, who frankly is overrated in my eyes too. I predict Miami DBs pick Marquise 2-3 times and Miami wins the game off of turnover points.
Prediction: Miami 28 - 20 North Carolina

3 - Georgia Tech
~ Trap game. They've competed against every team, but they've only won 3 games, and only one mattered. Florida State isn't great and frankly, Miami should've won that game. But here we are. If Miami beats NC, they are probably in the driver's seat to win the division. This comes down to stopping GT's run game. The GT run game is a go big or bust part of their program. Force GT to call plays to have Justin Thomas make plays. He's not a good passing QB in any sense of the word. Probably the worst passing QB in the ACC in a long time. But he can run the ball pretty well. He's not a YPC guy, but he can crank out runs. As long as the ball is in his hands and he needs to make a play, he will falter. He's just not good. Georgia Tech gives up alot of points, too. Their numbers vs real FBS opponents are astoundingly bad. 31 points per game allowed. Miami's D hasn't been much better, but their offense is not 1 dimensional and this is why I think Miami should win this game.
Prediction: Miami 38 - 28 Georgia Tech

4 - Pitt
~ I live in Pittsburgh, and I know exactly what everyone complains about. The run game BLOWS vs ACC opponents. The run game has sucked against every ACC opponent not named Virginia Tech (he had two big runs at the start of the 2nd half and from there he was pretty mediocre otherwise) and people are really worried about the mental toughness and maturity that this team has. Team was down 17 vs NC yet they were dancing all over the field and laughing on the sideline. I expect Pitt to have 2 more losses by the time they play Miami, and the game will likely only matter for Miami ACC-wise. So Pitt's gonna be playing for nothing more than a bowl bid. Pitt's offense isn't great, and their defense is pretty middle of the line too. Huge lack of ability of moving the ball on offense is killer. If Miami can break down their defense and get some big plays going, they should win this game.
Prediction: Miami 34 - 20 Pitt

Now, ACC title game, chances are Miami will run into Clemson if they were to win out. I just feel like there's no reason not to believe at this point. After what happened tonight, anything can happen. The team seems to be buying into Larry and they know the season's not over. If they win the next 4 against frankly mediocre opponents, they end at 9-3, with 2 in-conference losses, and they should have the tiebreaker over any other team that could possibly end with 2 losses(Duke and NC the 2 big ones. Duke will lose one of the 3 road conference games they have left and frankly, NC could lose to Duke next week and Miami the week after, if not also to Virginia Tech).

Just gotta BelieveInTheU.

EDIT: Also, keep Larry Scott around as an assistant coordinator next year if the team's successful here on out. This game tonight is just the beginning.

EDIT 2: This all banks on Kaaya's health, too. Need Kaaya to be the QB for the last 4 this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was going to say that doesn't make any sense.

But neither does tonight. I'm drinking that kool-aid. Wins like tonight are what opens the floodgates.

But neither does tonight. I'm drinking that kool-aid. Wins like tonight are what opens the floodgates.

It makes sense if you figure Miami was a 12 point underdog playing with their backup QB and a coach with no prior experience yet they somehow dominated the game sans the last 8 minute of the 4th quarter and came out with an extremely improbable win which practically ignited the passion of a fanbase.

It makes sense if you figure Miami was a 12 point underdog playing with their backup QB and a coach with no prior experience yet they somehow dominated the game sans the last 8 minute of the 4th quarter and came out with an extremely improbable win which practically ignited the passion of a fanbase.

I was agreeing with you.

Advertisement

I was agreeing with you.

That's what I'm saying! Maybe I put it in bad terms, sorry! I just think it's crazy!

Advertisement
[MENTION=7366]Cane Dynasty[/MENTION]

Ignore User
You have received an infraction at CanesInSight
Dear donnybrah,

You have received an infraction at CanesInSight.

Reason: Trolling
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s). Three infractions may result in a temporary ban.

After I said Miami should win out last week :)

we would still need north carolina to lose another game

They have Duke, us, and VT left. Tech is no more than a trap game, but Duke can certainly beat them.

oh for sure, the coastal is crazy as usual so anything can happen. although i realllllly hope fsu can beat clemson cuz if not that championship game if we make it will be loooooong

we would still need north carolina to lose another game

They have Duke, us, and VT left. Tech is no more than a trap game, but Duke can certainly beat them.

oh for sure, the coastal is crazy as usual so anything can happen. although i realllllly hope fsu can beat clemson cuz if not that championship game if we make it will be loooooong

Agreed. Don't see it happening but I'd love another shot at FSU.

Gotta believe we can somehow do it. guys... GOLDEN IS GONE, WE CAN BE POSITIVE ABOUT THE PROGRAM AGAIN

Advertisement
Gotta believe we can somehow do it. guys... GOLDEN IS GONE, WE CAN BE POSITIVE ABOUT THE PROGRAM AGAIN

I've been positive through the good and the bad.. but the way Miami's D played most of the game and the way the offense played with Rosier in the game and then the last play... renews hope man.

If we can figure out a way to get our defense lined up before the snap we will win out!!!!

I mean win OUT!!!!!

not going to win the coastal, but get bowl eligible to give these guys more practice time and ready for the next coach.

Advertisement
not going to win the coastal, but get bowl eligible to give these guys more practice time and ready for the next coach.

If we can get our D together (as far as pre-snap alingment) and cut our penalties down (dramatically) we will win out.

We almost bak.

To think about it - after the worst loss in program history, on the road with a back up QB who stunk it up last week, an interim coach that said he didn't change a thing (!!), & we were double digit dogs playing against Duke & the refs.......yeah - anything can happen. I'm in. I believe. Anything is possible at this point. GO CANES!!!!!

Honestly I hope we win out but playing Clemson again. I no likely, especially with No D.

I can't see if it happening but I hope we stay "in" the race as long as possible. So these kids don't lose their focus and do something stupid off that field that would impact their availability next season for a real coach. This is a chaperone staff and the kids know it. We will average 200 yards in penalties a game for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Back