Miami football is dead

Advertisement
Its dead in terms of being nationally relevant and contending for playoff spots, I absolutely agree. But dead is like 6-6 or 7-5 every year. We'll never be that with Richt here. Hes gonna win the coastal most years, including this year. But 9-3 is gonna be our median. We'll be good and never great.

Miami football is not "dead" but with Rick, we are a perennial 8-10 win team that will never get over the hump. He is better than Al Golden or Randy Shannon, but that should never be the bar. It's just as the UGA fans have said all along, similar to how we were warned about Golden by Temple.

Relax guys, we just don't have all the elite talent across the board we need yet.
I know it seems other teams can yank random fans out of the crowd and have them play QB making a pass, kicker making a chip shot FG, punter kicking it more than 10 yards, not making imbecile penalties constantly etc, etc. better than us....but that's just luck.

Has to be so frustrating for our players that Richt wouldnt even contemplate a change at Qb. That was so embarrassing. We waited all summer for that.

I almost made a last minute trip to Jerry World, glad it fell through.

Advertisement
One Qb who can actually place the ball in all those ballers hands will have a huge impact. We have Ferraris with parking boots on them called Rosiers

Richt has been here 3 years and this is the best he can muster at QB. Sad.

I wouldn’t say our program is dead. We came out flat... Poor play-calling, poor QB play, poor tackling and tons of bad/missed calls from the refs.

Paul Finebaum said it couple of years ago. Stated he didn't know why anyone would coach at Miami. He may be correct. What is concerning to me is all the PR that Miami fed us. Wish B. James would put more effort into hiring a competent coaching staff and less effort with the PR campaign of how great we are going to be. We were fooled, again!

You had me until “Paul Finebaum”

Advertisement
The buck stops here! There is one person who is paid the big bucks to insure that the U is playing Canes football, and he is solely responsible for what is going on. Tuff decisions must be made asap.

Richt has been here 3 years and this is the best he can muster at QB. Sad.

Rosier is def too comfortable and complacent. Richt preaching throughout Spring about him being QB1 was a bad move. We need competition. If NKosi makes the trip I think we win last night’s game.

Advertisement
It seems hard to wrap your head around that Rosier is the best we have over the last 3 years. From all the scouting guru's we have recruited well at the QB position, yet none of these guys can make the step to wrestle away the starting role for reasons none of us know.

We’d be a .500 club in the SEC, maybe, because we’re not a huge state school that doesn’t play by the rules. We **** the bed big time in prime time last night, no question. It’s gonna be an interesting week.

Advertisement
Back