Miami football is dead

M3N

Senior
It was a good run fellas, but this program is dead.

Year 3 is when you see the most improvement. I personally saw nothing last night to indicate that we are headed in the right direction.

I said it day one our staff was too green and had too many questionable coaches and it’s starting to rear it’s ugly head.

This team is a .500 ball club.

You can’t expect to win a game when you have awful OL/ QB play, no intermediate passing game, poor defensive play calling, and horrible special teams units.

We were beat in all three phases last night by a mediocre ball club. We consistently turn a bad play into a catastrophe. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I’ll give you a sequence: we were driving in LSU territory. 2 and 6, 3n6 we decide to throw back2 back fades, but both incomplete. Then Baxa shanks it. On defense we let LSU get a first down, virtue of a penalty. Then we massively sub out our unit and LSU rips off a 50 yard TD run.

WE LEGIT HAD A SPAN OF 10-12 PLAYS IN A ROW THAT WERE BAD! How the **** does this happen at the D1 level?

It happens because our entire staff sans Dugans and TB are under qualified.

Advertisement
We just need a team of elite talent players like Troy, then we'll be ready to beat the LSUs

Uhhh, yea we sucked last night but if you really believe this is a .500 ball club log out and never porst here again. That is the biggest porst in this boards history.

Major overreaction post. If this was how we look at the end of the season, maybe. It was Game 1, and a few weak links directly contributed to this loss. Maybe Rosier gets pulled if N'Kosi isn't suspended. This L was on a few guys, let's not make it an indictment against the entire team.

Advertisement
It's not dead but it's definitely stalled.

Richt is an annual 9 win average coach with losses to get teams to be expected. He stabilized the program after 3 straight awful head coaching hires, helped get us an IPF (probably to hide how ugly his offense is, but that's fine), and helped bring the talent on the roster to a respectable level.

That said, it's time we start hiring some guys that are young, passionate, and have an expertise with cutting-edge offensive philosophies. I want to grab the next Scott Frost or Lincoln Riley while they're still coordinators and see what they can do. Richt has served his purpose for what this program needed at the time.

He's made it much more attractive and much easier to win now for a hot commodity and young coach.

Paul Finebaum said it couple of years ago. Stated he didn't know why anyone would coach at Miami. He may be correct. What is concerning to me is all the PR that Miami fed us. Wish B. James would put more effort into hiring a competent coaching staff and less effort with the PR campaign of how great we are going to be. We were fooled, again!

Advertisement
It will never be what it once was, I think we blew it when we let Butch walk. Call me crazy thats what I believe, dude would of sealed **** up in everyones living room. We chose someone whos a great dude and got fired and then gave an extension for I dont know what when we havent done ****. It is what it is we wont be that UM no more I truly believe that. It was a good ride man Im jealous yall older heads got to enjoy it

if they hired butch, he would have cleaned up on recruiting becaue of the 30 for 30 part 2.

We are not a 500 team. We are better than that but we have some very concerning issues tha go beyond the players. Problem is that I don’t believe our HC has ability or will to fix them.

Advertisement
if they hired butch, he would have cleaned up on recruiting becaue of the 30 for 30 part 2.
true indeed man, we tried to tell them. I like my ***** @Thread Killa but I disagree with him on Butch and Butch alone no matter what he says. I think that would of been the best hire but we are Miami we make the mistakes with hiring. I know there was one BOT member dying to hire Butch, that guy should get a raise lol only him.

Year 3 and we are still have issues that we shouldn’t have. Miami football is not dead it’s just woefully inconsistent even with richt being here. We have problems we need to fix period

Advertisement
true indeed man, we tried to tell them. I like my ***** @Thread Killa but I disagree with him on Butch and Butch alone no matter what he says. I think that would of been the best hire but we are Miami we make the mistakes with hiring. I know there was one BOT member dying to hire Butch, that guy should get a raise lol only him.
he put a ton of unc players in nfl too. butch also had an amazing coaching true. is what it is at this point

One Qb who can actually place the ball in all those ballers hands will have a huge impact. We have Ferraris with parking boots on them called Rosiers

he put a ton of unc players in nfl too. butch also had an amazing coaching true. is what it is at this point
too late now

I know we will kick his *** in 2 weeks but he would be a great fit here and in sfla.......too late though

Advertisement
Back