Miami Flo's Predictions

Moten was the name that came to my head too but idk if the consensus is that he would sting.
JB is portal bound the staff already make his choice on a boring no talent game manager.

Wayne will sting as we are thin on experience and snap. Lot of young guys but not physically ready. Not another Bain waiting in the wings this year, hope he stays.

McCoy is a P5 OL and he could be the odd man out if Samson crack the starting five on a team that do not rotate OL a lot. He need and have earned playing time. Will not suprise me if he portal out.

Of course, a young WR will portal out. Is not rocket science.! they want to play.. Hope to have a bigger rotation this year. Last year lack of rotation was an abortion and pure negligence. I received a warning a couple of weeks ago for "false information". If it happen, I will ask for my points to be refunded.

Advertisement
Flo Live Show April 10

Additional notes not captured by @SaiyaMan305

We're 3-4 impact guys away from being a 10 win team

Portal RB

• Miami knew Martinez was going to hit the portal
  • There are multiple RBs at least as good as Martinez that will hit the portal
  • Miami knows most of the RB names that will hit the portal.
  • There may be some RB surprises though they didn't anticipate

Portal

• Flo thinks Miami takes 4 guys in the spring portal season, 3 will be starters.

RBs on the Roster

Fletcher

• Unsure if Fletcher plays this year
  • Would be great if he could come back mid year at 100%

Lofton

• Flo think's he's the best RB on the roster right now
  • He's not holding his own at multiple positions (RB/TE), he's exceling at multiple positions

Recruiting

• 24 recruiting cycle is different for Miami, getting a lot more traction with highly ranked recruits
  • Another big TE commit coming (although I didn't hear a time frame associated with it)
  • Big commit likely coming this week around the spring game
  • He knew of multiple silents (two) prior to this weekend
  • Heard about two additional commitments last weekend, Gilbert was one, second one opened his eyes
  • He knows of two commits coming for sure (one is a whale) in April. A third commit is possible in April

Roster Surprises

• Cole McConathy will be pushing hard for playing time. Bigger impact than Flo thought

Don't be shocked if Miami takes 2 big time guys at the same position in the portal. Said he will not tell the position. Says that this is the current plan and if it happens he will begin telling some lies.

Has to be WR. We already have two portal transfers making an impact at QB. No need for multiple OL or TE. And he was talking about singular RBs from the portal.

Flo Live Show April 10

Additional notes not captured by @SaiyaMan305

We're 3-4 impact guys away from being a 10 win team

Portal RB

• Miami knew Martinez was going to hit the portal
  • There are multiple RBs at least as good as Martinez that will hit the portal
  • Miami knows most of the RB names that will hit the portal.
  • There may be some RB surprises though they didn't anticipate

Portal

• Flo thinks Miami takes 4 guys in the spring portal season, 3 will be starters.

RBs on the Roster

Fletcher

• Unsure if Fletcher plays this year
  • Would be great if he could come back mid year at 100%

Lofton

• Flo think's he's the best RB on the roster right now
  • He's not holding his own at multiple positions (RB/TE), he's exceling at multiple positions

Recruiting

• 24 recruiting cycle is different for Miami, getting a lot more traction with highly ranked recruits
  • Another big TE commit coming (although I didn't hear a time frame associated with it)
  • Big commit likely coming this week around the spring game
  • He knew of multiple silents (two) prior to this weekend
  • Heard about two additional commitments last weekend, Gilbert was one, second one opened his eyes
  • He knows of two commits coming for sure (one is a whale) in April. A third commit is possible in April

Roster Surprises

• Cole McConathy will be pushing hard for playing time. Bigger impact than Flo thought
Good news on Cole. Perplexing ranking given his stats and competition as well as physical attributes

Advertisement
I'm thinking Robby Washington will portal out. Has flashed but isn't moving up the depth chart. I was hoping he'd solve a need at CB, but he seems not to be sticking there.

Has to be WR. We already have two portal transfers making an impact at QB. No need for multiple OL or TE. And he was talking about singular RBs from the portal.
WR makes sense. But I question the "Flo thinks Miami takes 4 guys in the spring portal season" bit (not questioning you just the number)... because early indication shows we're only taking WR, WR, RB, DE this portal cycle and there are some needs at DT, S, CB which aren't being addressed. Just doesn't make sense.

WR makes sense. But I question the "Flo thinks Miami takes 4 guys in the spring portal season" bit (not questioning you just the number)... because early indication shows we're only taking WR, WR, RB, DE this portal cycle and there are some needs at DT, S, CB which aren't being addressed. Just doesn't make sense.
Flo did talk extensively about CB portal additions (mostly the Marshall CB) and the likelihood better CBs than him might come out in the portal later.

Advertisement
Moten was the name that came to my head too but idk if the consensus is that he would sting.

Alternatively, Moten is an NIL guy for the Flo show. And Flo has a heavy bias towards him - he clearly likes the kid and has a good relationship with him. Maybe he says it will sting because of his relationship with Moten.

It's either Moten or McCoy IMO.

Flo did talk extensively about CB portal additions (mostly the Marshall CB) and the likelihood better CBs than him might come out in the portal later.
Maybe it’s DB DB RB DE and no wr no DT. I personally think we need WR RB DT CB S and maybe DE

One other thing, Flo mentioned that multiple people with contacts in the program are saying a minimum of 6 portal additions this cycle. He just thinks it will be 4.

Advertisement
He didnt say it as an absolute he just thinks the way the numbers work out that he doesnt see us taking 6 players and the number would be closer to 4. He said this as an opinion not a fact. I wouldnt read much into it

Advertisement

My guess as well.
My hunch is Citizen is out as well as no Fletcher for 2024 so the goal is 2 big timers at RB.

CB would be nice but I don’t think it’s likely to even land 1 portal monster there let alone 2. WR is a possibility I guess, the Ward attraction but I’ll stick to just 1 there with the emergence of Horton/JoJo/Carr.

I’d welcome 2 backs if they are DUDES because right now we are looking at …

- a COP in CJ.
- Allen, who is jag to me + injury issues.
- Lyle who isn’t on campus yet.
- CWH who is 175 pounds tops.
- Lofton, who likely wouldn’t be getting snaps there if Parrish were still here, and/or Fletcher was healthy and Citizen wasn’t coming off of a 2 year break.

But for the love of God don’t bring any more JAGS to the room. If you are going to bring 2 in, they both need to be DUDES.

My guess as well.
My hunch is Citizen is out as well as no Fletcher for 2024 so the goal is 2 big timers at RB.

CB would be nice but I don’t think it’s likely to even land 1 portal monster there let alone 2. WR is a possibility I guess, the Ward attraction but I’ll stick to just 1 there with the emergence of Horton/JoJo/Carr.

I’d welcome 2 backs if they are DUDES because right now we are looking at …

- a COP in CJ.
- Allen, who is jag to me + injury issues.
- Lyle who isn’t on campus yet.
- CWH who is 175 pounds tops.
- Lofton, who likely wouldn’t be getting snaps there if Parrish were still here, and/or Fletcher was healthy and Citizen wasn’t coming off of a 2 year break.

But for the love of God don’t bring any more JAGS to the room. If you are going to bring 2 in, they both need to be DUDES.
Why would Citizen be out for the entire season if he just came back?

Agree we need a total stud at RB or 2 studs just no more JAGS.

I absolutely expect a stud RB like Martinez, Harvey, Brooks, Ott or Neal.

If we take 2 a guy like Jeanty from BSU would be great to pair with a kid like Martinez or Ott.

CB is a big need but we don't necessarily need a monster. If a big time lock down CB comes along then yes but we could also go for the younger type kid with great upside or a rock solid veteran. We could also maybe look at a G5 lock down stud with all the measureables who wants to prove himself against P4 comp.

Safety. Starter at FS if available.
DT. Big War Daddy type that is starter material.
WR. #1 type
DE. Pass rushing dynamo.

Why would Citizen be out for the entire season if he just came back?

Agree we need a total stud at RB or 2 studs just no more JAGS.

I absolutely expect a stud RB like Martinez, Harvey, Brooks, Ott or Neal.

If we take 2 a guy like Jeanty from BSU would be great to pair with a kid like Martinez or Ott.

CB is a big need but we don't necessarily need a monster. If a big time lock down CB comes along then yes but we could also go for the younger type kid with great upside or a rock solid veteran. We could also maybe look at a G5 lock down stud with all the measureables who wants to prove himself against P4 comp.

Safety. Starter at FS if available.
DT. Big War Daddy type that is starter material.
WR. #1 type
DE. Pass rushing dynamo.

I meant out as in portal. Wouldn’t surprise me if kid wants change of scenery, especially if we are bringing in another 1-2 backs.

Advertisement
Back