Miami Flo's Predictions

It reads similar to the Rashada situation. Family trying to elongate the process as much as possible so we panic and up the 💰 dramatically. We just gotta draw a firm line in the sand somewhere.
Exactly we need a leader. Miami kids don't like Divas. That's why the Gulliver WR got ran off to LSU and why TVD had to go. That soft selfish stuff will kill the locker room.

Advertisement
Look, I realize we need Depth at QB....But Cot ****, you've got to draw a line in regards to 2 million for a yr of QBing. Sh*t is getting so outlandish, that I don't know where to begin.
I can’t believe programs can raise $1.5-2m for ONE player to begin with even with how important the position is. That’s 1 of your 22 starters.

Look, I realize we need Depth at QB....But Cot ****, you've got to draw a line in regards to 2 million for a yr of QBing. Sh*t is getting so outlandish, that I don't know where to begin.
It is pretty wild; but on the other hand if something like a 1yr - $2m rental is what it takes to showcase what it is possible at the U with good talent...then it's extremely worth it.... If Cam/Will show up and ball out; we have a 10-2 season and make the expanded playoffs then it was money well spent in terms of momentum for everyone....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can’t believe programs can raise $1.5-2m for ONE player to begin with even with how important the position is. That’s 1 of your 22 starters.
It's all relative. Just look at NFL QBs in relation to the rest of thr roster. The Browns are paying Deshaun Watson $230M all guaranteed. This, even after his controversial *** trial and sitting out 11 games in 2022.

Also, people are not valuing what Ward brings to the table. Signing Ward likely brings in another 5k-10k season tickets sold. An addition of just 5k season tickets selling for $500 brings in $2.5M in additional revenue. His NIL would pay for itself.

Last edited:
Exactly we need a leader. Miami kids don't like Divas. That's why the Gulliver WR got ran off to LSU and why TVD had to go. That soft selfish stuff will kill the locker room.
Rashada will be a bust!
Rashada will be a bust!

Advertisement
Rashada will be a bust!

Rashada will be a bust!
Sad 😔. Just like Cam Ward but worst both Dads ruining they kids careers being greedy. NFL and a degree/career is the goal. These ppl don't think about they future they team. ...NIL is just seed money to hold you it's like the XFL thus not a career its minor leagues.

The ROI is still high AF lol
Wish I could get that high of returns on my real estate investments

Advertisement
It's all relative. Just look at NFL QBs in relation to the rest of thr roster. The Browns are paying Deshaun Watson $120M all guaranteed. This, even after his controversial *** trial and sitting out 11 games in 2022.

Also, people are not valuing what Ward brings to the table. Signing Ward likely brings in another 5k-10k season tickets sold. An addition of just 5k season tickets selling for $500 brings in $2.5M in additional revenue. His NIL would pay for itself.
Add on a better bowl game and more wins = more attendance (per game as win total goes up)

Right... I am all for kids getting a cut of the pie, but it should be from the revenue the schools get from TV, ticket sales, merch, etc... even if that money isn't all coming from one person, I can't imagine donating the type of money that is needed to carry a roster. Especially since that is coming from a smaller donor base given the size of the alumni base compared to other schools. If I had that kind of money, I much rather donate it to some sort of charitable endeavor.

Better question is a Union. You think it's crazy now that there's (over the table) money involved, just wait until players are able to collectively bargain.
I think this is actually what is holding back there being a collective bargaining agreement as the schools need someone to bargain with. Setting up unions is hard to begin with, now imagine trying to do that across 130+ schools (if we are just talking Division 1 football) with students/players who are typically only there for ~4 years.

Advertisement
Back