Miami Flo's Predictions

I figured on Brashard and hinted at Damari as a result of Davonte.

A few schools already poking around ready to take Davonte.. worst corner I’ve seen at Miami in a decade at least… just to get Damari.
Honestly, I was shocked by how terrible Davonte Brown was at CB. I agree with your assessment of him being the worst CB at Miami in a decade at least. He was a living, breathing, walking, talking Pass Interference Call. Whenever I saw #7 in the game on defense I would just cringe in anticipation of either a long completion and a PI call. Great kid but I can't wrap my brain around how he has been at that position his whole career in major college football. Maybe he got hurt a while back and it has affected his play. I just don't know. Damari however has the potential to develop into an All Conference lockdown CB who can lay the wood and is a natural blitzer. Damari leaving would make absolutely no sense. His college career is just starting. Davonte's is almost done.

Advertisement
I work with one of their family members and can confirm. It's more than just playing time.

They're not feeling Mario. That GT fiasco left a bad taste in a lot of players mouth.
That's complete BS. Team fought and was in every game following the GT fiasco. Obviously a horrific loss but miss me with the staff lost the team after that.

Honestly, I was shocked by how terrible Davonte Brown was at CB. I agree with your assessment of him being the worst CB at Miami in a decade at least. He was a living, breathing, walking, talking Pass Interference Call. Whenever I saw #7 in the game on defense I would just cringe in anticipation of either a long completion and a PI call. Great kid but I can't wrap my brain around how he has been at that position his whole career in major college football. Maybe he got hurt a while back and it has affected his play. I just don't know. Damari however has the potential to develop into an All Conference lockdown CB who can lay the wood and is a natural blitzer. Damari leaving would make absolutely no sense. His college career is just starting. Davonte's is almost done.
Gotta love insider szn. Mario even mentioned Damari by name during his radio spot this morning. If Damari is leaving, it sounds like that's news to the staff.

You can get to 20 fairly easy. Younger Brown and TVD, as much as this board loathes him and he does need to move on are the only ones that pose a challenge to potentially replace.

Advertisement
You literally just said the game left a bad taste in player's mouths. That would imply locker room issues.
It's not a prerequisite to like your HC or have confidence in him to go out and still play hard.

The Hall of Fame is full of players who thought their HC was an idiot.

If I wanted to say Mario lost the locker room, I'd say Mario lost the locker room (and even then, that would have nothing to do with them being competitive against bad, less talented ACC teams, who btw, they lost the majority of games to anyway).

Why not? We gonna have like 10 rb and they dont really rotate with fletcher being their guy.. I rather see the kid play than stand on sideline, even if its for my favorite team.. Same with Brashard, dude stands on sideline majority of games, he can contribute somewhere, its just about choosing the right situation. Miami will be fine, we dont rotate players and with covid everybody can come back even McCormick.

Guidry said prior to season he dont like to rotate DBs so we already knew that going in. Guys not gonna like standing on sidelines all season, it is what it is.
Ya you're right there better off somewhere else if they don't play them. I'll never understand Miami the last twenty years refuse to play their best players

Advertisement
I work with one of their family members and can confirm. It's more than just playing time.

They're not feeling Mario. That GT fiasco left a bad taste in a lot of players mouth.
Assuming for the moment that this is true and I have no reason to believe it isn't. This is why the GT fiasco hit me so hard and why I couldn't just forget about it and let it go. That collosal, egregious and absolutely incomprehensible fakk up was much more significant and far reaching than people wanted to admit. I knew that it would have grave consequences in the locker room and possibly in the future of this program in terms of Mario being able to lead. That bumbling slapstick comedy of errors to end that game completely stripped Mario naked and bare in front of the entire college football landscape.

It served to move his abysmal decision making and game management to the forefront of everyone's attention and awareness and it almost certainly set into motion a process in players minds where maybe for the first time they saw him for who is truly is stripped of all the tough guy affectation and it made them ask some very difficult questions. Difficult questions like "Is this really the man who is going to bring this program back?" In other words it planted a seed of doubt and that seed was fed like a king during the seven game stretch that followed. Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion and frankly I hope that is the case. When you lose respect then you lose the ability to lead and command and I hope to God that this isn't the case because if Mario fails it will be difficult for this program to dig itself out of the pile of debris it will find itself under.

Not to say I don't believe you but PT and $ are almost ALWAYS the issue. What the coach calls or doesn't call in the game is secondary. The parents might be upset with the coach, but I doubt the players let that fester.

I LOVE how y’all think the New Shiny Toy will replace Breshard…SMH…BS IS A GAME CHANGER that’s just developing, you don’t let those guys leave!!!!!
YOU FIND A WAY TO GET THEM THE BALL MORE.
I love Saint X, but if Breshard got X touches he would have doubled X Touchdowns. FACTS!!!!
TOUCHDOWNS win games, not pretty routes.
#4 Wr???…. HE’S NOT A WR He’s PERCY HARVIN… GET HIM THE **** BALL
In St.Mario we Trust, Go Canes and the Blind *** Fans!
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
Assuming for the moment that this is true and I have no reason to believe it isn't. This is why the GT fiasco hit me so hard and why I couldn't just forget about it and let it go. That collosal, egregious and absolutely incomprehensible fakk up was much more significant and far reaching than people wanted to admit. I knew that it would have grave consequences in the locker room and possibly in the future of this program in terms of Mario being able to lead. That bumbling slapstick comedy of errors to end that game completely stripped Mario naked and bare in front of the entire college football landscape.

It served to move his abysmal decision making and game management to the forefront of everyone's attention and awareness and it almost certainly set into motion a process in players minds where maybe for the first time they saw him for who is truly is stripped of all the tough guy affectation and it made them ask some very difficult questions. Difficult questions like "Is this really the man who is going to bring this program back?" In other words it planted a seed of doubt and that seed was fed like a king during the seven game stretch that followed. Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion and frankly I hope that is the case. When you lose respect then you lose the ability to lead and command and I hope to God that this isn't the case because if Mario fails it will be difficult for this program to dig itself out of the pile of debris it will find itself under.
He gonna have to read more chapters on coach speak and cliches.. less and less people are gonna fall for that bs and it will wear thin if it hasnt already..

I made a post at the time alluding to this. He's selling these kids on a vision, like every coach is. We're not there yet, but we will be with you, etc. etc. He's really good at it, obviously. But at some point, you have to see results. And while 2 years isn't the deciding factor, what very well could be is everyone and their mother telling you this guy is a buffoon at in-game management, and then him not only proving them right, but doing so with a giant sledgehammer, right in front of your eyes.

I was very nervous that decision would have MASSIVE ramifications beyond just losing 1 football game. And if he didn't already have that reputation, it might not have been that bad. But he did, and he’s trying to move away from it, and not only does he NOT do that, he makes the most egregious decisions of his career.

Gonna take a while to wash the stink off that one, unfortunately….

Not to say I don't believe you but PT and $ are almost ALWAYS the issue. What the coach calls or doesn't call in the game is secondary. The parents might be upset with the coach, but I doubt the players let that fester.
No doubt those are the biggest issues. But compounded with the other things --

I should add, I have no clue if they're transferring or not.

Advertisement
I LOVE how y’all think the New Shiny Toy will replace Breshard…SMH…BS IS A GAME CHANGER that’s just developing, you don’t let those guys leave!!!!!
YOU FIND A WAY TO GET THEM THE BALL MORE.
I love Saint X, but if Breshard got X touches he would have doubled X Touchdowns. FACTS!!!!
TOUCHDOWNS win games, not pretty routes.
#4 Wr???…. HE’S NOT A WR He’s PERCY HARVIN… GET HIM THE **** BALL
In St.Mario we Trust, Go Canes and the Blind *** Fans!
You wylin with the Harvin comparisons. He’s good but u need a route tree to get open, u just can’t run straight everyone knows this. The best wrs do both, I do agree to get him the ball more but it’s not like we don’t have new weapons that can’t eat.

Advertisement
Back