Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
Its a new era in college football. Welcome to Free Agency its about to get crazy....

Someone tell Jeff Bezos if he ever had any interest in investing in a college football team now that he moved to Miami....

The portal isn’t new this year. I hear you, don’t get me wrong. But still, we’re years into this. 25 is an insanely high number, I don’t care what anyone says about free agency.

Bro I’ll wait to see how the dust settles before I pass any final judgement but my initial, immediate thought is there’s no way 25 kids bouncing is indicative of a healthy program. But again, I’ll see where the roster stands in the summer before I react in full. That is an eye-opening number for after year 2, however.
2 people from each position group gets you to 20, give or take..

Advertisement
This is portal only. Not kids graduating or going to the league. So if you say it’s 25 kids to the portal, plus graduations and NFL, that’s half the roster gone? More?
Just like last year when we brought 41 new players in.This class will likely be 28-30 deep and we add 10-12 portal guys and there's half your roster again.

Flo says he expects the flip to announce this week.From his comments I can see it be Justin Scott.He said the fans will love his ranking but he wasn't as impressed by his tape as he was with the kid we flipped from UL.
If it’s Justin Scott then I wouldn’t be too excited. He got bullied big time this year according to people I know who saw a few of his games.

Advertisement
15 is about right because there is still some dead weight that will never contribute on the field. 25 is a lot which means we are going to lose some guys we don’t want to lose.

Portal activity will be nuts.

15, ok.

20, that’s a lot but depends who they are

25 is alarming, how do you replace that many with quality? It’s not like the HS class is some star-studded Top 5 class.

What about culture change? That’s a wild number in Year 2 like OBM said. Guess we just have to wait and see, I pray we see a lower number than that.

Unless we plan on breaking the bank in the portal and buying a whole new two deep.

I could probably get to 15 portal entries just guessing.

More than that and there’s some surprises and true contributors in there.
VanDyke
Parrish
Skinner
Redding
Horton
R Washington
Ch Williams
Moss
Balom
Chase Smith
Z Nelson
Chris Washington
Sagapolu/Denis (Used Transfer Already)

That's 13, somewhere in that range sounds right.

Advertisement
So the elder Brown will be on his third school in 3 years if he hits the portal?

If you’re reading between the lines, the brown family isn’t happy about Devonte’s PT especially he was taking first team snaps in the spring and summer. There apparently is some discontent and implies that both brown kids will leave. I’m sure Mario will sort it out soon enough. Hopefully Devonte sticks around for the spring bc we need that depth

If you’re reading between the lines, the brown family isn’t happy about Devonte’s PT especially he was taking first team snaps in the spring and summer. There apparently is some discontent and implies that both brown kids will leave. I’m sure Mario will sort it out soon enough. Hopefully Devonte sticks around for the spring bc we need that depth
I was shocked that he and Richard weren’t starting to begin the year. Porter played well this year so he deserved to keep his spot all year. But I think he got hurt halfway through the season?

Advertisement
The portal isn’t new this year. I hear you, don’t get me wrong. But still, we’re years into this. 25 is an insanely high number, I don’t care what anyone says about free agency.
It’s a lot for sure. But 26 left last year. We probably need that number again if we want to add 25-28 in high school and then 10-15 via the portal. Added 17 last year. That number is also probably high when you factor in the amount of kids that should probably be graduating but have the extra year from Covid

I can understand why B.Smith would leave, if you consider the 3 top WRs coming back, the RB room, and his lack of usage.

The Brown bros situation is goofy. The oldest saw time and didn’t play well. The other one is starting but youre still mad. The oldest should prob move to S anyway

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back