Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
Flo basically admitting Stone to UM ain’t happening like that.

Fails to really mention Simmons (assuming the three whales are Breland, Scott & Stewart).

Going off DMoney’s notes from 6/11 it appears Simmons is the 4th option considering.
Staff is smart. I’m assuming that it isn’t because they know that Stone isn’t coming, it’s just they know they can’t count on him.

download.jpeg-14.jpg

5 whale season

At this point, likely to me are Stewart, Breeland and Scott. Stone i cant read. The dynamics says its 50/50, board chatter says he is all OU until proven otherwise. The shocker to me would be Simmons, just because of where he is from and who after him. The wildcard, which i think we win out on is McCray. So in order of likely for me
1) Scott
2) Stewart
3) Breeland
4)McCray
5) Stone
6)Simmons

Advertisement
I’m almost getting to the point where I don’t care to dissect the names 1000 different ways I just know we’re signing an epic DL class this year. We’re in too good of shape with too many elite kids to not at least pull in one of the best DL classes in the country, and with a little luck and some success on Saturdays in the fall, it might be one of the best DL hauls any of us have ever seen.

Which combination is almost irrelevant to me, which is an absurd thing to say out loud when you’re talking about 5-star recruits.

Don't forget TAMU 2021. 4 DL's ranked in the top 20 overall. 7 ranked in the top 100

Advertisement
At this point, likely to me are Stewart, Breeland and Scott. Stone i cant read. The dynamics says its 50/50, board chatter says he is all OU until proven otherwise. The shocker to me would be Simmons, just because of where he is from and who after him. The wildcard, which i think we win out on is McCray. So in order of likely for me
1) Scott
2) Stewart
3) Breeland
4)McCray
5) Stone
6)Simmons
Franklin gotta be on that list too

He said Breland is the dude, Breland is that dude. That was his response in how are we doing with Stone. So yea, that would be a good list.
Breland is the prize at DT for me. Like his film best and nowhere close to potential being realized.

I also assume this was done by design but my initial theory was Mario wanted to go big on OL first, focus NIL there as those guys usually take some time to gel and get their bodies right. As opposed to DL where I think edge guys can make an impact faster, DT's usually take some time but I would guess on average less than OL.

Looking at the rankings this year:

Top OT
Brandon Baker (Santa Ana, CA) #23 overall
Josiah Thompson (SC) #59 overall
Jac McRoy (AL) #60
Daniel Calhouh (GA) #70
Ben Warren (TX) #85
Jimothy Lewis (IMG) #99

So only 1 5* and only 6 in the top 100. Out of the six, even with a heavy NIL, it likely is a tough pull grabbing a kid from Cali, Texas, Bama, and GA

Top IOL

Deandre Carter (Santa Ana, CA) #57
Jason Zandemal (FL) #62
Jordan Seaton (IMG) #84

That is it. No 5* and only 3 in the top 100.

I will save the room but last year the top OTs were ranked #5, 6 (Mauigoa); 16; 20 (Okunlola); 25; 33; 42; 46; 81, and 93. So basically 6 5*s and we got 2 of em. IOL was about the same each year.

So it is a down year for OL but a plethora of DL. Instead of reaching and prob overpaying for an OL guy this year we have a plethora of top DL talent and very easily could snag 2-3 5* again. If Mario and crew were looking ahead, it makes sense to focus more on OL last year as this year pickins seem slim

Advertisement
FloMotion June 15
  • We have a couple guys who could pop soon (this was before Lofton committed)
  • Don't think the Gators (or anyone else) can throw a wrench in the BBQ like they did last year
  • He thinks we land Riley after this weekend's visit. We're in a good spot.
  • Not sure what Gibson will do if Riley commits

FloMotion June 15
  • We have a couple guys who could pop soon (this was before Lofton committed)
  • Don't think the Gators (or anyone else) can throw a wrench in the BBQ like they did last year
  • He thinks we land Riley after this weekend's visit. We're in a good spot.
  • Not sure what Gibson will do if Riley commits
I would take them both but I believe Gibson is visiting Bama so if Riley commits I can see him committing to UT or Bama.

Advertisement
So he’s got 2 down in Pruitt and Lofton and 3 more to go?

Old School Reaction GIF
Yes I believe so. I could see where he may have counted Freeney but I don't see any realistic scenario that would have him counting Cloyd in that projection. Cloyd is a depth piece that nobody even knew about before he announced he was transferring here. Just common sense.

Advertisement
Back