Miami Flo's Predictions

I’ll take u all’s word for it.

I’m just saying if u go to that first page, a lot of these “predictions” on specific players were already discussed here prior to his predictions, & I’m specifically referring to Bain, CJ, Mauigoa, & even Fletcher.

I’ve seen several Miami YTers get their info from here & try to repackage it like it’s fresh or they gotta an in like that. Even the BBQ “prediction” about other school’s commits attending; not only has that been happening for yrs across multiple campuses, but we discussed it here, first. My reservations have come from the wild, bold speculations about how many players will be committing & exactly when that’s been off af, or coaching changes that will take place in a few days, then weeks, then w/in the next month. Lol.

Like I’m not tryna knock a dude’s hustle, and more power to him, but I’ve seen Danny Boy Cane rise to fame off some blind darts hitting the board, so that’s y I asked what’s what.
The vague **** is what gets me. I 100% understand not being able to say names and stuff for the good of the team, but the whole **** like “I’m calling 3 flips, maybe 4 if recent news is correct” is ******* rediculous. That literally brings no info, not only do I predict 2 flips based on absolutely nothing, and I have an equal chance at being correct. But by not putting a time line and not putting names out there means the info is literally worthless and pointless. There is no info in these statements. If you can’t say anything specific ever, than wtf are you doing.

Advertisement
If you don't like the way Flo gives out his info then don't follow him.
Good advice. It’s why I dont.

I watched his first video when it was posted here, gave some feedback, and bowed out and never turned it on again.

I open this thread, as I do every other thread on this board, starving for anyone to drop a nugget.

The nuggets just rarely actually come from the guy this thread is about.

I get most of my insider info via PM by whoopingcane.

My take on Flo is that if kids and staff are okay with him broadcasting news, then let it rip. Otherwise, I like the fact he's vague because Mario especially like to keep things on lock down until a kid is fully ready to go public. It's clear to me at least that Flo is respecting Mario's recruiting protocols, as is Cribby, DMoney, and our other insiders on here.

Advertisement
I get most of my insider info via PM by whoopingcane.

My take on Flo is that if kids and staff are okay with him broadcasting news, then let it rip. Otherwise, I like the fact he's vague because Mario especially like to keep things on lock down until a kid is fully ready to go public. It's clear to me at least that Flo is respecting Mario's recruiting protocols, as is Cribby, DMoney, and our other insiders on here.
First off, totally agree w/ you that whoops pm are the most legit source out there.

But serious question for you, what value do you feel you get from vague comments? Does it make you feel better or worse hearing about these hypothetical recruiting situations even if you have no clue who it’s about or if/when it will ever even happen?

Predictions/Comments from June 7 Two Minute Drill:
  • JUCO corner likes Miami a lot and a good chance that he picks Miami on Friday
  • There will be 2-3 CBs portal out after this year due to playing time concerns
  • Robert Stafford is special, you'll hear his name being mentioned a lot after fall camp. The thinks he might be the best complete athlete on the team.
  • Clarified that the minimum of five June visit commits will happen by the second week of July. The five could happen in June but given that Mario is encouraging recruits to take all visits it could extend into early July.
  • The flips are all 4* and 5*
  • After this weekend, he might add a fourth flip prediction
  • We're in a good spot for Friday. Pay attention on Friday.
  • He doesn't do the Wiltfong special (i.e. switch the CBs at the last second to boost accuracy percentage)

Advertisement
Flo's comments on this thread:

• Shout out to the tracker
  • Flo got feedback of people questioning his soures and whether or not they're inside the Hect. Just to be clear, I've never commented about who his sources are or where they are (Flo did say he has sources inside the building). The only thing I've ever said is I believe he has legit sources
  • Flo took issue with the current accuracy percentage (61%). Says they internally track his predictions against six other Canes reporters/media sources and its much higher than 61%.

Two responses to this constructive feedback:

1. I've said repeatedly the sample size is too small to draw conclusions. It will take time to get a decent sample size. With such a small sample size, a few hits or misses can swing the percentage radically in either direction.
  2. The prediction criteria in the OP is rigorous an measurable. If a prediction isn't measurable and subject to debate, we don't include it. So by definition, we will have a smaller number of predictions.

Reminder of the OP prediction criteria:

1. These are predictions that as far as I can tell, Flo was first out of the gate with
  2. These are predictions that are measurable with verifiable dates.
  3. These are predictions that I heard on the show. There are quite likely some I missed
  4. Multiple predictions can't include the same commit but with different time durations. If that happens, its a push.

• Robert Stafford is special, you'll hear his name being mentioned a lot after fall camp. The thinks he might be the best complete athlete on the team.
  • Clarified that the minimum of five June visit commits will happen by the second week of July. The five could happen in June but given that Mario is encouraging recruits to take all visits it could extend into early July.
  • He doesn't do the Wiltfong special (i.e. switch the CBs at the last second to boost accuracy percentage)
Thanks, I really appreciate these recaps!

Malik Curtis is one DB that shockingly stayed after the spring.

After that, I don’t know who would be leaving after this season.

Just to be clear he is saying that so far we have a minimum of 5 recruits who have committed to us and that those could be made public this month at the earliest and mid July at the latest.

He also indicated that the staff have been able to flip 3 recruits who were previously committed elsewhere and that there may be a 4th flip. All flips are 4 and 5 star prospects.

Said Robert Stafford is a special player whose name we will be hearing a lot of come fall and that the staff believes that Stafford may be the best most complete athlete on the team.

Said 2-3 CBs will hit the portal after this year due to concerns over future playing time.

Said that the JUCO CB likes us a lot and good chance he picks us on Friday.

It's really the first 2 that I want to verify as the rest is very straightforward.

Advertisement
Just to be clear he is saying that so far we have a minimum of 5 recruits who have committed to us and that those could be made public this month at the earliest and mid July at the latest.

He also indicated that the staff have been able to flip 3 recruits who were previously committed elsewhere and that there may be a 4th flip. All flips are 4 and 5 star prospects.

Said Robert Stafford is a special player whose name we will be hearing a lot of come fall and that the staff believes that Stafford may be the best most complete athlete on the team.

Said 2-3 CBs will hit the portal after this year due to concerns over future playing time.

Said that the JUCO CB likes us a lot and good chance he picks us on Friday.

It's really the first 2 that I want to verify as the rest is very straightforward.
I thought i read he considered a flip a heavy lean as well not sure which page though.

The vague **** is what gets me. I 100% understand not being able to say names and stuff for the good of the team, but the whole **** like “I’m calling 3 flips, maybe 4 if recent news is correct” is ******* rediculous. That literally brings no info, not only do I predict 2 flips based on absolutely nothing, and I have an equal chance at being correct. But by not putting a time line and not putting names out there means the info is literally worthless and pointless. There is no info in these statements. If you can’t say anything specific ever, than wtf are you doing.
Lmao why would he put names out there?!! You’re not a very smart person are you? Just saying two flips puts schools on alert guys committed to them visiting us may flip and they up the bags and now you want names?! *** outa here!

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

Advertisement
Lmao why would he put names out there?!! You’re not a very smart person are you? Just saying two flips puts schools on alert guys committed to them visiting us may flip and they up the bags and now you want names?! *** outa here!

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade
Because by not saying names ever, he’s literally not doing anything. What info or content does that provide.

Don’t try to insult my IQ and than argue with me in memes. Trust me when I tell you, you are not quite there buddy. Keep up with your picture books and shut the **** up.

Advertisement
Back