Miami Flo's Predictions

Yep, his exact words "a major coaching announcement"

Could this be DVD getting an on-field role?
Loop Bounce GIF by Meg Lewis

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm fine with this. I have been super impressed by Field from a recruiting perspective. He seems like a players' coach. But the blocking -- especially zone blocking -- haven't always been there for me. The route running could be better, too.

I've also been wanting to see the slam release incorporated into our play calling, where the TE first blocks to sell the run play, then rolls out as a receiver. The pros use this to deadly advantage.

Net/net, we needed a shakeup and this is a good one if Field is okay with it. Hope Dawson and Woodiel are on the same page.

Advertisement
Flomotion (March 30)

• Guys are going to pop soon. Expect crystal balls to drop by Mon/Tue. Would be surprised if this doesn't happen
  • We are going to get a surprise commit before April 8 (and its not Air Noland). There's a BOOM coming
  • We are going to take at least the same number of High School commits as the 2023 cycle

I'm hoping the boom commit is the same one @Stevo365 was told he needed to work on a breakdown for. However, based on Flo's comments, there are multiple in the queue and Stevo said the same thing so its all guess work on the first one to pop.

Flomotion (March 30)

• Guys are going to pop soon. Expect crystal balls to drop by Mon/Tue. Would be surprised if this doesn't happen
  • We are going to get a surprise commit before April 8 (and its not Air Noland). There's a BOOM coming
  • We are going to take at least the same number of High School commits as the 2023 cycle
With Mario taking the DT position personal this cycle I'm guessing STONE.

Advertisement
I'm fine with this. I have been super impressed by Field from a recruiting perspective. He seems like a players' coach. But the blocking -- especially zone blocking -- haven't always been there for me. The route running could be better, too.

I've also been wanting to see the slam release incorporated into our play calling, where the TE first blocks to sell the run play, then rolls out as a receiver. The pros use this to deadly advantage.

Net/net, we needed a shakeup and this is a good one if Field is okay with it. Hope Dawson and Woodiel are on the same page.
What's funny is this was used in the Lashlee offense a few times for big plays. Schemed Mallory open up the Seam time and time again.

There will be a major coaching announcement this week. Results: Hit

I'm not sure I would call it "major" when what we're actually talking about is essentially two TE coaches already on staff swapping roles (on-field to off-field, and vice-versa), with the "up-and-comer" w/ the light resume getting the on-field gig. A "major" coaching announcement would be somebody like an Ed Orgeron coming is as a defensive analyst.

It's probably still technically a hit, but he oversold it IMO. If this qualifies as a "major coaching announcement," then just about any coaching hire is "major".

I dunno, might have been oversold a bit but its pretty significant. This late in the year and into spring practice when the staff appears set, any on field coaching changes are fairly major and newsworthy.

Advertisement
Flomotion (March 30)

On his friday show he mentioned he expects miami to add 5-6 portals in may.Said a couple will be rotation guys but about 3 will not only be starters but will have us fans swimming in kool-aid about next season.

On his friday show he mentioned he expects miami to add 5-6 portals in may.Said a couple will be rotation guys but about 3 will not only be starters but will have us fans swimming in kool-aid about next season.

Yeah, don’t hold your breath on portal stud adds. Not many schools get to add portal kids who are studs and usually, uga types get them.

We all know that we are in the running for a big time DT and WR but don’t be surprised if we whiff there too. Teams will overpay in the portal and while we have dough to throw around, we won’t overpay .

Yeah, don’t hold your breath on portal stud adds. Not many schools get to add portal kids who are studs and usually, uga types get them.

We all know that we are in the running for a big time DT and WR but don’t be surprised if we whiff there too. Teams will overpay in the portal and while we have dough to throw around, we won’t overpay .
Agree with you,but he hinted at staff back channeling and sounded very excited about it.

Advertisement
Back